The Mckenna Dilemma

Why are folk so quick to talk down his price?

At the end of the day he's our player on a long term contract and we don't need or want to sell him, especially to a rival, so we can set the asking price at whatever we like. We hold all the cards.

I don't believe they've made a bid anyway. £3.5m for McKenna and we are going to replace him with Gareth MacAuley. I don't think so. More MSM pish to try and unsettle him if you ask me.

Why are folk so quick to talk down his price?

At the end of the day he's our player on a long term contract and we don't need or want to sell him, especially to a rival, so we can set the asking price at whatever we like. We hold all the cards.

Exactly this.

I hope, pray, the club and player have higher ambitions than a supposed £3.5M bid from the

tattiedome!

We can ask what the hell we like for him, unless theres a buy out clause?

Doesnt matter what anyone else thinks hes worth.A 5 yr deal means we can stick for another couple of years and hope he makes us as much as possible by going to the EPL, rather than twisting and taking the tims offer...

Exactly this.

I hope, pray, the club and player have higher ambitions than a supposed £3.5M bid from the

tattiedome!

We can ask what the hell we like for him, unless theres a buy out clause?

Doesnt matter what anyone else thinks hes worth.A 5 yr deal means we can stick for another couple of years and hope he makes us as much as possible by going to the EPL, rather than twisting and taking the tims offer...

I thought the club had rejected the vicTims meagre biscuit tin offer of in the region of 3.5 million?

As most people have pointed out, for a change we hold all the cards.

Everything points to holding on to McKenna for another year, benefit from him being in the team, and then sell him to an English club if the money is right- more likely to get a future windfall via sell on clause if hes playing down South and proving himself in that market.

We are sick of seeing all the best talent being sold to the ugly sisters over the years for a pittance. I dont understand why would anyone entertain the idea of selling their best player to the team thats beaten them to every major trophy over the past number of years? Im optimistic the club will hold firm, we dont need to sell to them so we shouldnt.

Football isnt just about the money, would the huns sell their best player to them?

The numbers going around the weegie press for Celtic's "offer" this morning are indeed significant and would not ordinarily be sneered at by a club our size but we are talking about an extraordinary talent in Scott Mckenna. Young lad with a massive future ahead and with a long contract at the club. Certainly the type of modern CB lots of clubs are after and the market is crazy high.

He will not be going to Celtic. I think most can see that. What is really enjoyable about this story though is the thought of victims up and down the country realising that their massive, rich club can't buy an Aberdeen player. Add that to the Mcginn embarrassment.....

Whats wrong with the debacle of not building a training facility for 30 years when one was required? Whats wrong with not upgrading Pittodrie over the last 30 years when it was required? Whats wrong with spunking our biggest received transfer fee ever on rectifying a small percentage of that and not spending it on the playing staff?

Fuck all. :whistling:

You're correct about the lack of training facilities and state of the stadium, however we are where we are.

I'd fully expect that if we were to receive any large transfer fees, then a large chunk of that cash would go towards building the new facilities. Money won't just magic up out of think air. How do you think Hibs have managed to build theirs?

Nope. He made his Netherlands debut 10/10/2015, after he had left Celtic.

His Champions league matches consisted of 6 games, 5 losses and the conceding of 13 goals. He was also part of the Celtic sides who were papped out by Maribor in Malmo in Champions League qualifying. If you want to look at the Europa League, he played 8 matches for Celtic in which they conceded 16 goals.

So, all your points were pretty shit.

For the record, i was not equating McKenna's ability with that of VVD. I'm merely saying there is precedent for big fees being paid for defenders who have performed well in our league.

Top comeback.

Nope. He made his Netherlands debut 10/10/2015, after he had left Celtic.

His Champions league matches consisted of 6 games, 5 losses and the conceding of 13 goals. He was also part of the Celtic sides who were papped out by Maribor in Malmo in Champions League qualifying. If you want to look at the Europa League, he played 8 matches for Celtic in which they conceded 16 goals.

So, all your points were pretty shit.

For the record, i was not equating McKenna's ability with that of VVD. I'm merely saying there is precedent for big fees being paid for defenders who have performed well in our league.

Any comparison taking Van Dyke as an example would also need to adjust for the approx doubling of the transfer market values since that transfer.

Chris Mclaughlin is a fucking tube....how the hell hes managing to fire it in to Eilidh Barbour is one of Scotlands biggest mysteries

Reminiscent of Jim Duffy and Kristy Gallacher!

On the article, Kris Commons - why is he being asked to chime in here? What does he have to offer here? The guy is as thick as pig $hite. It gets even more difficult when the press start rounding against us...

Any comparison taking Van Dyke as an example would also need to adjust for the approx doubling of the transfer market values since that transfer.

Another thing worthy of note here is Celtic have made us an offer for our top asset that is half what they received as their sell on fee for Van Dyke, so they can take their £3.5M and shove it right up them