Sevco Thread

They'll struggle shift Pena.

£20k a week and punted from his loan club for something to do with drinking was it?

Think Arfield could be a good signing for them. Better than the majority of the guys they've signed over the last few years.

Hope they can't afford whatever the deal was for keeping Murphy permanently. He's been their best player since he arrived.

Drinking? Well I suppose pissing in the fountain of a hotel foyer is drink related right enough.

Lol

No idea what happens if you default on a payment for a player that's already played games for you.

Seems like the kind of thing the huns will have done before, but can't remember specifically hearing about it

DId Cardiff not try to stiff Motherwell or something once? Think Motherwell threatened court action at which point Cardiff coughed up.

Problem now V is he looked semi decent for them so would probably manage to get himself a L1-2 gig on more than we can afford.

Laughable that Hamilton did that deal. Equally laughable that it didn't work for the cheating scum!

True enough.

Suspicious as fuck transfer deal really.

Parks still a major sponsor at Hamikton? Maybe they under wrote the payments in the event of a default.

No idea what happens if you default on a payment for a player that's already played games for you.

Seems like the kind of thing the huns will have done before, but can't remember specifically hearing about it

Nothing would happen imo - because this is Scottish football and clubs like Hamilton are all too happy to be used and abused by the old firm.

you never fail to get a laugh from follow follow or rangers media

hun on signing of arfield - Belter of a signining and also looks like he has a good protestant head.

Arfield probably isn't going to be hugely better than Dorrans or Docherty or Jack or whatever.

Seems a waste of money adding another midfielder of similar calibre to what they have.

But we will see.

The appropriate FA withholds money that would have been due to the club (TV or prize money) who isn't paying up and redirects it to the club owed. Think the SFA had to get involved with Rangers and Hearts over payments for Lee Wallace. It meant Hearts got the money in full instead of being one of the unlucky creditors who was shafted in the liquidation.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9392758/SPL-withholds-placement-money-to-Rangers-to-settle-Ibrox-outfits-outstanding-debts-to-member-clubs.html

The appropriate FA withholds money that would have been due to the club (TV or prize money) who isn't paying up and redirects it to the club owed. Think the SFA had to get involved with Rangers and Hearts over payments for Lee Wallace. It meant Hearts got the money in full instead of being one of the unlucky creditors who was shafted in the liquidation.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9392758/SPL-withholds-placement-money-to-Rangers-to-settle-Ibrox-outfits-outstanding-debts-to-member-clubs.html

That's it, I knew I remembered it happening somewhere before. Knew it would have been that rancid bunch as well.

Hope their share issue raises fuck all and the SFA have to do the same again for their Docherty and Murphy deals.

Arfield probably isn't going to be hugely better than Dorrans or Docherty or Jack or whatever.

Seems a waste of money adding another midfielder of similar calibre to what they have.

But we will see.

They'll have the rat back from injury thinking he's like his new manager.

Arfield confirmed on a 4-year deal.

Actually think he's quite a decent player, I'm less happy with them making signings like this than I am the 'comedy overpaid foreigner' route which they went down last summer, with often hilarious results.

Thankfully Canada is foreign.

• Upvote 1

rangers are also close to announce murphy on a permanent deal.

so that's the first two signings of the summer nothing to do witb Gerrard

That one is more interesting than Arfield if it happens it suggests they've a bit of cash to spend again now.

Blowing the season ticket money before more bills come in? mental approach.

I'd say he's been there best player across the two seasons theyve been in top flight

Ah gotcha.

I probably wasn't very clear, when I said "interesting" I didn't mean because Murphy was good.

I just meant that it would be interesting from a financial viewpoint - it shows they have some spending cash again and are blowing it pronto as usual.

Pretty sure the Murphy fee was agreed at £1m.

This very much worth a read

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/tramps-lie-down-to-the-sheep-all-posts-in-here-please.29857/page-5

They don't like it up 'em!

Fuck the Huns

They are certainly not happy. A lot of them banging on about it being our first win at Parkhead in 14 years so it had to be a fix....except it isn't our first win there in 14 years as we won there in the SC in 2008 and 2014. But let's not let the facts get in the way of their conspiracy theories.

Our league record there was horrific but it had to end sometime. We just had a lot more to play for yesterday than Celtic did and it showed out players were just mentally and physically that little bit sharper than theirs on the day. But no way did they lie down despite what some paranoid rabid huns think they just didn't play with the same intensity that they did when they fucked their lot 5-0 the other week.

I thought they didn't care about 2nd because it's a failure to them anyway? Seem to be awfully bitter about not achieving it.

They weren't ever going to compete in the top tier ever again because of how the clubs had refused to let Sevco start life at the top, so they should be happy they finished so far above St Mirren.