Let's All Laugh At Celtic.

Guest milne_afc

They've beat Liverpool and the famous Man Utd in recent years so I certainly don't see why not.

That's not recent. Guessing, but can't be a single remaining player from any of those sides.

The co-efficient period not 5 years?

Not sure if youre on the wind up here or what.

Should the champions of Wales or Estonia etc get to the group stages?

The whole tournament fucked, fuck knows why Im even arguing this.

If it's going to be the 'Champions League' then only Champions should be in the competition. The group stages are horseshit, shouldn't exist.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

If it's going to be the 'Champions League' then only Champions should be in the competition. The group stages are horseshit, shouldn't exist.

I had initially thought that the "Champions Path" of qualifiers was designed in such a way to maximise the opportunity for champions of countries to qualify for the group stages, but instead all it does is ensure that champions knock each other out and guarantees that a ton of non-Champions can qualify for the groups by the other path. Mental.

• Upvote 1

I had initially thought that the "Champions Path" of qualifiers was designed in such a way to maximise the opportunity for champions of countries to qualify for the group stages, but instead all it does is ensure that champions knock each other out and guarantees that a ton of non-Champions can qualify for the groups by the other path. Mental.

Yep. It's a ridiculous competition. Now that the Tims are going out I doubt I'll watch another game of it this season.

YAS

FUCK YOU BRENDA

Tims out? Fuck, all the pre-season chat was that by the time of the first Old Firm game then the huns could be out of Europe, a few points behind Celtic and then Gerrard would be massively under pressure to get a win to avoid falling 5-6 points behind at such an early stage.

Now looks like the pressure is heaping up on Brenda to get the win, imagine the meltdowns if Celtic were to lose two of their first four, be well behind Rangers and now be out of the Champions League? Brenda won't take any of that criticism well :-)

Beginning of the end for Brenda.

Losing domestically and losing in Europe in a matter of days.

(Huns will be even more over-confident.)

Obviously very early, but looking the best opportunity in years for someone (us) outwith the arse cheeks to stake a claim.

european cup

cup winners cup

uefa cup

straight knock out

And unseeded.

Would get my vote.