Pet Hates

StandFree1982

58 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Folk that flash at you to put your lights on because they think it’s dark enough to warrant it.

I don’t have the discipline to stick to the actual law, I’m not stooping to your random expectations of me. Drive longer without them on in spite

That bugs me to fuck as well. You only need to turn them on when the lamp posts come on, not just coz it's cloudy at 6pm.

14 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Eh had a fiat500 for a few winter months a while back.

Without a lie it’s a brilliant wee car to have in the snow and ice . Great laugh going by stranded Audi and BMW drivers who for the most part can’t drive properly and drive about in a car that is hopeless on a slightly wet surface ?

My wee neice drives one, good car for just cutting about town.

16 hours ago, Fridge said:

“How to succeed in your career” 

By MAD.

"His best was never good enough"....

A story about a lad who perennially grafted in a number of low-paid jobs (e.g. £3 an hour working as a fish yard labourer) in order to survive but to no avail, due to a culmination bad decision-making on his part, and being shafted by a plethora of cunts masquerading as bosses.

By MAD. 

• Dildo 2
1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

"His best was never good enough"....

A story about a lad who perennially grafted in a number of low-paid jobs (e.g. £3 an hour working as a fish yard labourer) in order to survive but to no avail, due to a culmination bad decision-making on his part, and being shafted by a plethora of cunts masquerading as bosses.

By MAD. 

Ha soon to be found in a bargain bin in all good book stores!

7 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

The Spartian.  A bloke goes to his local Spar to buy a loaf of bread ( and 12 cans of Special Brew) but wakes up 12 weeks later after being put into an induced coma.  .The book chronicles the vivd dreams he experiences during his time in hospital. ( We later learn he was attacked by two 9 year olds).

For the love of fuck, how many times. They were at least 10.

• Downvote 1

Absolutely detest dog owners who let their muts run off the lead and shite all over the place without bagging the turds.

Laziest bastards around in my book.

12 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

When you get a meal in a restaurant and the person next to you has a meal that you wish you'd ordered... and it was the one that you were thinking of ordering but changed your mind.

My restaurant pet hate is the song and dance after you've finished. 

You've got to flag someone down to pay, then they go get the receipt, but don't return with the card machine. You've then got to find eye contact again just to pay for your tea. 

For me, bring the card machine over ASAP or let me come up to the bar and pay. Can't stand waiting around to pay for a meal, want to leave immediately, normally. 

Guest milne_afc

Just get up and leave Consi. You’re under no obligation to pay for a meal in a restaurant. I normally give them 5 minutes after the plates have cleared to request something in return for what I’ve eaten - if they’re not forthcoming or happy with my offer, I just up and leave.

1 minute ago, milne_afc said:

Just get up and leave Consi. You’re under no obligation to pay for a meal in a restaurant. I normally give them 5 minutes after the plates have cleared to request something in return for what I’ve eaten - if they’re not forthcoming or happy with my offer, I just up and leave.

Thief!

I don't care about paying for the meal as much as tipping the staff. 

Another pet hate of mine is when someone you're with is rude to the staff, and you're left looking a cunt as well. 

Four of us were in Stag a few weeks ago had quite a few drinks in our 2 hour slot, then left to go to next pub and while drinking in the next pub one asked did we pay for the drinks in the Stag?? Did we fk.... So the wife called Stag on phone and paid it then!! So easy to walk out when they give you a tab for drinks! 

6 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

It's an offence to leave without paying.

However if you refuse or can't pay then you need to give them your name and address and it's legal.

The idea is then they can sue you in court.

8 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Parents who let their kids go feel in a restaurant do my head in.

The staff in an establishment I was in recently held their calm very well. Rolling about the floor as staff trying to put food to other tables. Kicking toilet doors.

I couldn't leave quick enough. Even my daughter commented on them and how poorly they behaved. Mum's did nothing.

That also winds me up. 

Making your kids everyone else's problem, I appreciate its nae easy taking care of a kid but if they aren't behaving surely you just leave. 

Selfish arseholes, the parents.

14 minutes ago, Roberto said:

The staff in an establishment I was in recently held their calm very well. Rolling about the floor as staff trying to put food to other tables. Kicking toilet doors.

I couldn't leave quick enough. Even my daughter commented on them and how poorly they behaved. Mum's did nothing.

Have to say I agree.  Its what tablets are for (the electronic kind).

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

If parents are not prepared to bring up kids properly then they shouldn't have them in first place.

Unfortunately becoming more common place nowadays.

God only knows how the younger generation are going to "run" the place in years to come, if the trend continues.

When I think of the discipline I got at school and at home back in the day, which did me no harm.

And don't get me started on no prizes to the winners at school sports day in case the chubby kids get offended.......

Just now, Woody21 said:

If parents are not prepared to bring up kids properly then they shouldn't have them in first place.

Unfortunately becoming more common place nowadays.

God only knows how the younger generation are going to "run" the place in years to come, if the trend continues.

When I think of the discipline I got at school and at home back in the day, which did me no harm.

And don't get me started on no prizes to the winners at school sports day in case the chubby kids get offended.......

They've always had prizes at my boys school.

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Few years back I took my boy, his pal and my cousin's wee boy(not quite sure what that makes him to me) to one of those beefeater places with the soft play. I'd paid for them to get  juice refills and was letting them fire up for them themselves but didn't realise they were scooping pints of Pepsi max. Think it was the caffeine but they ended up like Millwall away from home. The wife was picking us up but I had to end up phoning a taxi coz the wee cunts were running riot trashing the soft play bit, booting the claw grab thing and that.

I was getting some looks.

There is/was a parenthood thread on here but haven't gone searching for it yet - may not have survived the cull last year. 
Now that fatherhood is coming to me in November I will be sourcing some quality advice from Hatters, hopefully. 
However, all of the above regarding parents let kids run amok is something I am determined not to let happen. I can't be fucked with noisy and unruly kids spoiling everybody's else's meal, day out etc. I'll be making sure my one is well trained before we start risking it interfering with everybody else's enjoyment. 

2 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

My restaurant pet hate is the song and dance after you've finished. 

You've got to flag someone down to pay, then they go get the receipt, but don't return with the card machine. You've then got to find eye contact again just to pay for your tea. 

For me, bring the card machine over ASAP or let me come up to the bar and pay. Can't stand waiting around to pay for a meal, want to leave immediately, normally. 

Agreed, I can kind of understand it in the evening as they might not want to rush you etc. But at lunch time surely they ken most folk just want to fuck off ASAP. 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

There was a small boy (I'd guess about 3 or 4 years old) having an absolute meltdown at security at the airport yesterday when I was there. Felt really sorry for the mum who was trying to reason with him. Her patience was mightily impressive. 

Sounds like the kid needed a clip roon' ih lug 

Wee bas

7 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Agreed, I can kind of understand it in the evening as they might not want to rush you etc. But at lunch time surely they ken most folk just want to fuck off ASAP. 

I always make a point of asking for the machine straight away. 

14 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

There is/was a parenthood thread on here but haven't gone searching for it yet - may not have survived the cull last year. 
Now that fatherhood is coming to me in November I will be sourcing some quality advice from Hatters, hopefully. 
However, all of the above regarding parents let kids run amok is something I am determined not to let happen. I can't be fucked with noisy and unruly kids spoiling everybody's else's meal, day out etc. I'll be making sure my one is well trained before we start risking it interfering with everybody else's enjoyment. 

Some of that puppy training schools are excellent.