Sam Cosgrove

What are you basing your 3-4m valuation on?

His shite form has no doubt dropped his valuation but regardless of that he’s still a first pick International

We turned down 6m so would not accept an offer too much less than that at risk of losing too much face. Simple as that.

We will get an offer of £1m (maybe a little more) up front with appearance add ones etc. taking the figure up a good bit potentially.

I think that is the best we can hope for otherwise we are stuck with a player that has chucked his toys out

Do you really think someone is giving us 3-4m because he was once touted by his agent in the press at 9m during his brief good spell 2 seasons ago?

I know theres a lot of silly money swilling about down south but good scottish players go south on the cheap. Why you think a shit player will go down south at an inflated price is absurd. He still might end up as a squad player at the arse cheeks.

Do you really think someone is giving us 3-4m because he was once touted by his agent in the press at 9m during his brief good spell 2 seasons ago?

I know theres a lot of silly money swilling about down south but good scottish players go south on the cheap. Why you think a shit player will go down south at an inflated price is absurd. He still might end up as a squad player at the arse cheeks.

The fact we have refused £6M+ for him will factor in any potential bids & the likes of what we will possibly consider. Regardless of what you think.

We will either be stuck with a player that’s chucked his toys or we will get £3m - £4m after add ons. (Sell ons aside) which is just my humble opinion & not a presumed statement of fact as some seem to think their opinions are ;)

I will go out on a limb & state strongly that I believe Cosgrove will go for at least 25% more than McKenna

Cosgrove will go for a tidy wedge. 2m tops. Bargain for somebody.

Lewis Ferg will go for more.

To reiterate what Cormack said in his most recent interview, we don't need to sell our players. We are in a financially stable and in a very strong position to negotiate. Any club who is interested in our players will have to pay good money to obtain their services. Cosgrove and Mckenna won't leave unless we receive a ridiculous offer. They are all on long term contracts. Will most definitely receive more then 2 million for Cosgrove. McKenna, Cosgrove and Ferguson will all leave away for a minimum of 4-5 million.

To reiterate what Cormack said in his most recent interview, we don't need to sell our players. We are in a financially stable and in a very strong position to negotiate. Any club who is interested in our players will have to pay good money to obtain their services. Cosgrove and Mckenna won't leave unless we receive a ridiculous offer. They are all on long term contracts. Will most definitely receive more then 2 million for Cosgrove. McKenna, Cosgrove and Ferguson will all leave away for a minimum of 4-5 million.

Of course we need to sell our best players. We've got a stadium to finance.

Of course we need to sell our best players. We've got a stadium to finance.

As Cormack said, he doesn't want Aberdeen to move into a new stadium with a team that is sitting 9th in the table. We need to hold to our best players in order to generate interest in the club and for the club to be successful. There are other means of generating capital outside the sale of players. The point Cormack was making is that we are not desperate to sell players and that due to our financial position and stability we can demand a greater fee. Of course at some point in time the players will want to move on to further their careers (plus increase their wages by moving on) and we will look to profit from that but don't expect us to receive anything less then 4 million for Cosgrove, Mckenna or Ferguson.

As Cormack said, he doesn't want Aberdeen to move into a new stadium with a team that is sitting 9th in the table. We need to hold to our best players in order to generate interest in the club and for the club to be successful. There are other means of generating capital outside the sale of players. The point Cormack was making is that we are not desperate to sell players and that due to our financial position and stability we can demand a greater fee. Of course at some point in time the players will want to move on to further their careers (plus increase their wages by moving on) and we will look to profit from that but don't expect us to receive anything less then 4 million for Cosgrove, Mckenna or Ferguson.

LOL, the long term deals they are on will have expired by the time the stadium is built. No way McKenna, Cosgrove or Ferguson will be here by then.

Guest the shepherd

I think we'll receive 5-6 million for McKenna. He's continually being picked for the national side by Clarke which only helps his valuation increase. He's a good player and who is still young. He's been a good player for us.

Cosgrove will probably go for 4-6 million. Kenny Miller believes he's worth more then McKenna and that we should be looking for 6 million of more.

Well said. Aberdeen hold both trump cards for McKenna and Cosgrove in terms of getting what they want for both in line with current market value, their own vslustions for each player, and their respective length of contracts.

As things stand, we should be looking to get around what ypu state for both players.

The fact we have refused £6M+ for him will factor in any potential bids & the likes of what we will possibly consider. Regardless of what you think.

We will either be stuck with a player that’s chucked his toys or we will get £3m - £4m after add ons. (Sell ons aside) which is just my humble opinion & not a presumed statement of fact as some seem to think their opinions are ;)

I will go out on a limb & state strongly that I believe Cosgrove will go for at least 25% more than McKenna

Nae this again. It never happened. If it did he'd be gone.

Ferguson > Cosgrove > McKenna in value currently imo.

• Downvote 1

What a lot of garbage. As soon as some championship team comes in and offers four or five times their wages per week they will want away and the club will end up selling them for whatever we can realistically get.

I’ll bet you my house we don’t get the figures you have stated.

• Downvote 2

Well said. Aberdeen hold both trump cards for McKenna and Cosgrove in terms of getting what they want for both in line with current market value, their own vslustions for each player, and their respective length of contracts.

As things stand, we should be looking to get around what ypu state for both players.

It’s not football manager on the PC m8.

What a lot of garbage. As soon as some championship team comes in and offers four or five times their wages per week they will want away and the club will end up selling them for whatever we can realistically get.

I’ll bet you my house we don’t get the figures you have stated.

be shocked if the club didn’t take in around 10m combined for both McKenna and Cosgrove before add ons.

I thought we'd get 5m plus add ons for McKenna when he had his purple patch for us and got into the Scotland team as captain. I think we'll get about half that now.

Probably get about the same for Cosgrove.

It's Scottish football and we complain about being shite most weeks then expect clubs to pay 5m for our players. It doesn't add up.

I'd rather our better players stayed for as long as possible though. But McKenna has burned his bridges, he can go any time he likes.

I think he's now on the same amount of goals in the league for the season as son of Mattress. In a side that creates far less chances than the one Freddo plays for. £5million isn't unreasonable for Cosgrove on that basis. 

And as I've said before.....wherever he goes I hope he utterly fails and we get to buy him back a year down the line for £500k