Connor Mclennan

Goodwin sending a message to McLennan?

On Ramirez - I can't see us loaning a player to a rival.  Reading between the lines, he thinks Ramirez would strengthen Hearts.

On McLennan - It's time he went somewhere (St J) to get playing time.  Reading between the lines, he will definitely not strengthen any other team in our league.    

2 hours ago, Stavrogin said:

Goodwin sending a message to McLennan?

On Ramirez - I can't see us loaning a player to a rival.  Reading between the lines, he thinks Ramirez would strengthen Hearts.

On McLennan - It's time he went somewhere (St J) to get playing time.  Reading between the lines, he will definitely not strengthen any other team in our league.    

Aye, it was 'sorry son, yer nowhere near good enough to play here. Best you do it elsewhere for your own sake'. Brutally honest and the right thing to do for all involved. 

There wasn't much in the Ramirez link. Hearts needed a striker and contacted several clubs about players but nothing concrete behind it. And in any event we wouldn't have done the deal with Hearts.

3 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Now has the same amount of League assists and goals as Matty Kennedy. 

Think I'll keep a tally

Premiership 2022-23 Goals and Assists  

Connor McLennan

Goals - 0

Assists - 1

Matty Kennedy 

Goals - 0

Assists - 1

?
Implication being you don't really rate Kennedy that much?
I'm not that taken by him either, truth be told, though he did have a big part played in our goal today,
Moderately pished, so possibly imagined this. 

I forget the game now.  He’d a sliding doors moment when, such was McInnes’ strength in depth, he was listed as our only striker.  To be fair he was banging them in for Scotland U21s at the time. A cross came in and he smashed it off the bar.  I remember saying to the guy next to me, that went in he’d have gone on to get a hat trick as you could see it lifted us.

But it it didn’t, we were still shite and it was downhill for Conor from there.

6 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I forget the game now.  He’d a sliding doors moment when, such was McInnes’ strength in depth, he was listed as our only striker.  To be fair he was banging them in for Scotland U21s at the time. A cross came in and he smashed it off the bar.  I remember saying to the guy next to me, that went in he’d have gone on to get a hat trick as you could see it lifted us.

Same with Shankland, missing a great chance against Celtic with diving header 

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

You posted that a few months ago

it was shite then and it hasn’t aged well

Was only on for a few minutes when he was able to pick up a great clearance from our goalie about the half way line and ran all the way into the St Mirren box where he was fouled. Won a clear penalty--goal.

He is big and looks strong and quite fast. If he continues to give us help up front then that will do me. 

Also thanks for Andy Considine who I think has played every minute and is a rock in defence.

Any more gems you wan't to give us, not Kennedy though.

33 minutes ago, dawson5 said:

Was only on for a few minutes when he was able to pick up a great clearance from our goalie about the half way line and ran all the way into the St Mirren box where he was fouled. Won a clear penalty--goal.

He is big and looks strong and quite fast. If he continues to give us help up front then that will do me. 

Also thanks for Andy Considine who I think has played every minute and is a rock in defence.

Lol

Do us a favour, come back in 8 weeks and reassess

1 hour ago, dawson5 said:

Has McLennan attempted a cross yet?