Pet Hates

StandFree1982

Folk saying "I would have done that" after you've nearly finished doing a job or have completed it.

Well, if you wanted to do the job so much, why did you not go ahead and do it in the fucking first place then? 

Boils my fucking piss that comment as it is said in a manner to make that person look helpful and important (when they are not either), and to make you feel guilty for having the audacity to do the bloody job without asking for help.

??

Just now, Roberto said:

To be honest it is a hatred of mine also... but I'm sure there has been plenty times I've done it myself.

Fair enough min but the person who said it to me again this morning says I do fuck all around the house (which is a fucking lie) and that they do everything.

Am I fuck giving them ammunition to make them feel better about themselves at my expense. 

40 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Folk saying "I would have done that" after you've nearly finished doing a job or have completed it.

Well, if you wanted to do the job so much, why did you not go ahead and do it in the fucking first place then? 

Boils my fucking piss that comment as it is said in a manner to make that person look helpful and important (when they are not either), and to make you feel guilty for having the audacity to do the bloody job without asking for help.

??

Aye, or " I was just about to do that'. 

4 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That's a typical one from my Mrs. Really bugs my poo. 

Like I say, comments such as that are purely said to make that person feel better about themselves and to make on that they have made some sort of contribution to a job being done by saying such a comment. 

"Oh, you should have asked, I would have helped you" is another one to add to the hit list?

“You never asked”

A particular Norwegian trait. They’ll watch you do something with full knowledge of something you don’t ken. Then when you realise they knew all along will say “you never asked”.

Many years back in Norway eh spent a whole day training a boy up to do my job (aye cleaning bogs) only for him to say at the end “that’s great, but I am off on holiday too now”. Eh almost exploded to be met with “you never asked”

6 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

“You never asked”

A particular Norwegian trait. They’ll watch you do something with full knowledge of something you don’t ken. Then when you realise they knew all along will say “you never asked”.

Many years back in Norway eh spent a whole day training a boy up to do my job (aye cleaning bogs) only for him to say at the end “that’s great, but I am off on holiday too now”. Eh almost exploded to be met with “you never asked”

I would have exploded myself, Brian min, as I dare say the responsibility of his ability to absorb, retain and recollect what he had been taught by you would have been firmly on your shoulders. 

I remember the once when I had the unwritten, inferred responsibility to train new recruits at an organisation I used to work for. Must have come under "any other duties" on my contract. 

This boy came in and couldn't look more disinterested if he tried. I offered him a notebook and other stationery, before we started, so he could take down notes of what I had shown and taught him, so he could use it for future reference in his job. The offer was declined and he continued to play on his mobile phone during training. I was fucked off with him and his attitude (this went on for a number of weeks) to such a point I told him, politely, of course, to get trained by someone else within our department.

I was grassed off to my boss as the poor lamb was "upset" by what I said to him ? and I ended up getting a written warning for my alleged misconduct.