Stephen Gleeson Signed.

Got to assume theres a bit more thought to be cancellation than we've got 2 injuries and can't put out a team.

If that's really the case (surely not) then it's got to be a massive eye opener to Milne and McInnes and this approach of having a really thin squad and preferring to focus on quality over quantity - theres a limit to how far that strategy can go.

So... I'm going to assume it's more a ultra-cautious precaution against us gaining more injuries to key players before the burnley games.

Sounds like both Falkrik and St J were putting in some meaty challenges. I saw on picture of Paton smashing Ferguson I think it was - Paton had a fairly contorted look of rage on his face for some reason.

Scottish football I guess.

Cant have been Paton he left them in January and is playing for Falkirk

Sounds like both Falkrik and St J were putting in some meaty challenges. I saw on picture of Paton smashing Ferguson I think it was - Paton had a fairly contorted look of rage on his face for some reason.

Cant have been Paton he left them in January and is playing for Falkirk

:sherlock:

• Upvote 1

Fair enough. It's going to be a long season if losing a few players is going to cause us to meltdown and postpone matches. We were struggling last season for depth, so we better get enough in to cover.

There was no meltdown. It seems a pretty obvious and sensible decision to make. All our preparation is for the sole focus of being ready for the Burnley game.

If it was a competitive game we would obviously have went ahead with it but with the development team in spain, a couple of players definitely out with injuries and a couple carrying knocks in the same are of the park why would you risk the possibility of maybe picking up more injuries.

• Upvote 1

ICT cancellation is nothing really, as St's game was a late addition to the preseason program anyway, so that basically replaced one with the other.

The midfield injuries are a real worry though. Especially as we are only (reportedly) in the market for another defender & striker.

We need at very least THREE more new signings front to back (actual first team signings & not loans) just to make the first team reasonably solid. THEN we can think about a couple of experimental loans (with options to buy) & maybe a proven player on loan if we insist on getting more than two loans.

Why the fuck McInnes thought it was a good idea to play one of the most agricultural teams in the league in a pre-season friendly is beyond me. Fucking shite prep for Europe made even worse by this boys injury. What a nightmare of a summer.

• Upvote 1

Why the fuck McInnes thought it was a good idea to play one of the most agricultural teams in the league in a pre-season friendly is beyond me. Fucking shite prep for Europe made even worse by this boys injury. What a nightmare of a summer.

Why do you think he chose to play the game?

Bizarre post.

Why do you think he chose to play the game?

Bizarre post.

What I'm saying is that instead of playing Tommy Wright and his team of cloggers, it might have instead been better preparation to organize some games against more teams like West Brom. Less chance of being kicked off the park as well.

What I'm saying is that instead of playing Tommy Wright and his team of cloggers, it might have instead been better preparation to organize some games against more teams like West Brom. Less chance of being kicked off the park as well.

Maybe, just maybe McInnes was doing a turn for Chris Millar.

The weather's been pretty good though.

Rolf Harris does a cracking Gary Glitter

Surprised Glitter didn't turn up when he heard about the trapped Thai schoolboys.......kind of like a sinister version of Gazza turning up with a chip supper for that Raul Moat gadgie.

Slight thread derail there mind, you, so back on track before anyone moans I guess.

Surprised Glitter didn't turn up when he heard about the trapped Thai schoolboys.......kind of like a sinister version of Gazza turning up with a chip supper for that Raul Moat gadgie.

Slight thread derail there mind, you, so back on track before anyone moans I guess.

Glitter has had plenty of Thai boys in his man cave over the years