Free agents

Issue for me is that we’re struggling if Ramirez goes down injured… or if we need another option up front. Playing through Ramirez isn’t going to work some weeks… important to have another option.

Griffiths, if we could get him cheaply would’ve been an option, but not sure the players heart is in it anymore. He had a pot belly when he played against the other week!

If we played JET and Griffiths in the same match, that would probably be our most unfit front line since the 1960s!

3 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Issue for me is that we’re struggling if Ramirez goes down injured… or if we need another option up front. Playing through Ramirez isn’t going to work some weeks… important to have another option.

Griffiths, if we could get him cheaply would’ve been an option, but not sure the players heart is in it anymore. He had a pot belly when he played against the other week!

If we played JET and Griffiths in the same match, that would probably be our most unfit front line since the 1960s!

As you say, if Ramirez gets injured we definitely need another option up front. JET is never a natural striker and unless the Dutch lad has something special about him we are in a real spot of bother. All hypothetical though…Ramirez is fighting fit.

4 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

At least if we took Griffiths till the end of the season it would guarantee that he couldn't score against us again for a few months. Even as an overweight mess at Dundee his only 2 goals came against? No prizes for guessing.

Just hold our noses and get him signed up. And don't push him too hard in training in case he gets injured. Stick him on the bench (until Ramirez either gets injured or clearly needs a rest) and bring him on for 15-20 minutes at the end of games and I think he'd get us 4 or 5 goals. 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

At least if we took Griffiths till the end of the season it would guarantee that he couldn't score against us again for a few months. Even as an overweight mess at Dundee his only 2 goals came against? No prizes for guessing.

Just hold our noses and get him signed up. And don't push him too hard in training in case he gets injured. Stick him on the bench (until Ramirez either gets injured or clearly needs a rest) and bring him on for 15-20 minutes at the end of games and I think he'd get us 4 or 5 goals. 

Bring him on when we get a free kick as it feels like years since we've scored from one directly.

I would take Griffiths until the end of the season on the basis you state above - a good option to bring on with 20 minutes to go.