Working Part Time

Does anybody work part time? What is the general consensus about part time work? The preserve of weemin or is it an option for a traditional joe?

I asked to work flexibly recently (wanted to compress my working week) and was told no because they are a bunch of cunts of various reasons.

They did say I can reduce my working week by 4 hours and then work 4 x 9 hour days. And so I would kind of get what I want - an extra day off, chiefly for childcare reasons - but with a 10% drop in income.

I would still earn a decent amount, but worry it would be cutting things too fine in practice.

It would be great to spend more time with the weans bairns - on their deathbed, no-one ever says "I wish I had spent more time at my work".

I also worry that dropping hours, even if only a handful, would be akin to painting a big target on your back. (Whereas women work in a world of job-sharing, quotas and imaginary gender pay gaps, we men are in the 'real world' of work - law of the jungle etc).

What do you guys do? Is this something you would consider?

I was leaning towards going for it, but then today I learned that both the dish washer and washer-dryer (dryer part) are both fucked, which is a good example of why its always useful to have a few quid on hand.

Does anybody work part time? What is the general consensus about part time work? The preserve of weemin or is it an option for a traditional joe?

I asked to work flexibly recently (wanted to compress my working week) and was told no because they are a bunch of cunts of various reasons.

They did say I can reduce my working week by 4 hours and then work 4 x 9 hour days. And so I would kind of get what I want - an extra day off, chiefly for childcare reasons - but with a 10% drop in income.

I would still earn a decent amount, but worry it would be cutting things too fine in practice.

It would be great to spend more time with the weans bairns - on their deathbed, no-one ever says "I wish I had spent more time at my work".

I also worry that dropping hours, even if only a handful, would be akin to painting a big target on your back. (Whereas women work in a world of job-sharing, quotas and imaginary gender pay gaps, we men are in the 'real world' of work - law of the jungle etc).

I was leaning towards going for it, but then today I learned that both the dish washer and washer-dryer (dryer part) are both fucked, which is a good example of why its always useful to have a few quid on hand.

What would Jesus do?

• Upvote 6

Id stop following a wizard in the sky and enjoy your life to the full.

Serious answer, if the washing machine breaking makes you think about needing more money then you may need the extra hours. Will an extra day off help with childcare costs?

I work part time.

2 hours on a Monday by Skype from home.

3 hours on Tuesday.

6 hours on Wednesday.

5 hours on Thursday (2 by Skype from home)

5 hours on Friday

Ye mist hae nae cash daein they oors, nae bad if yer happy tae live lik a pauper. Cunts thit knock thir pan in git better quality eh life. Git anithir 10 oors oan the clock n yel git a bit better fanny innaw

A 4 day week sounds brilliant. Doing it over four 9 hour days sounds even better. Dunno how much of a pay drop it is for you CS or how much it'd affect you but I'm a big advocate of less work (even if it means less cash) and more leisure/family time.

Unfortunately many industries in this country (my own probably the worst for it) view working as much as possible as a positive. Little focus is put on maximising productivity but loads is put on maximising hours.

I work 4 days a week...kind of. I have a job and I run my own unrelated business that takes up the odd weekend.

The idea of "saving money on childcare" is a bit of a myth, as unless you're earning about £5/hour you're always better off to be in work - especially if your employer offers childcare vouchers etc. I save £1000/year on tax by using vouchers.

The Mrs earns around 2.5 times what I do, but after having our 2nd kid she dropped to 4 days on returning to work as she wanted to be with them. If we could have afforded for her to stop working completely we would have, but wasn't really possible without moving to somewhere shite like Yemen or Forfar. Why does Forfar even exist?

Either way, after a year she was struggling and getting stressed with having to deal with the 2 kids for the day so we decided that she would go back to full time and I would drop a day. It also helps on the weekends when I'm busy as I wasn't getting to spend much time with the kids.

Fucking love it.

A day around the house literally just playing with trains and cars and lego and fitba and having a laugh - magic. Kind of gutted that the oldest is starting school next month as I'll be losing one of my best pals for the day. But it'll give the younger one time with me to himself which he's never had that the eldest got by default.

Got him signed up for fitba lessons in the morning now - all I ask is that he makes it to English Championship level so his wages can pay for us when we're old and decrepit.

Regarding the dryer/dishwasher - a clothes horse and some fairy liquid will do the trick (assuming you have a sink of course).

• Upvote 1

At this point in time I'm probably working a solid 5 hours in a week if things get hectic. I'm not even sure as to the quality of those 5 hours either.

Fuck all this 'extra jobs' malarky.

Do you tithe, CS? You seem mental enough to be doing that... and I'd strongly recommend not doing that. Tell your church to go fuck itself, it has way enough cash without leeching 10% of your income. Actually, telling your church to go fuck itself in all aspects, not just the stealing your money portion, would be a brilliant idea for you.

Have you considered starting your own religion as a means to generate extra income?

All you'd need is ten bampots on a similar wage to yourself to tithe you 10% of their income and, Squibblydibblydee... or whatever your religion's magic word is... you're suddenly generating your previous average income but... get this... you're not paying a penny in taxes. Fuckin' JACKPOT! Am I right?

AND, CS, AND... you could have a rule in your religion where you get to shag all the women who follow your religion, like thon David Koresh did. He was a character.

I'm having lots of ideas here, CS... Let me come up with a plan for you.

This might only apply if you're okay with moving to England or wales, btw... but links WILL be supplied to make this easier for you... buckle the fuck up!

Go online and get yourself registered as a priest or shaman or witch doctor... Do that here. People will know you're a real druid because the website has a dove on the banner. That's quite religious, a dove.

Next, make a vocal and public denouncement of the Universal Life Church... accuse them of being pedos or something (chances are they are anyway)... and announce your intent to start your own splinter sect of the ULC, you can have a lot of fun figuring out a name for your breakaway sect.

Now, just steaming in and applying to the charities commission to be recognised as a religion will lkely see you get told to fuck off, just like you told the Vatican to fuck off earlier in this plan... what you need to do is get a foot in the door, so to speak. But there has to be a way to do that, right? I mean, there are 47,000 registered religious groups in the UK, a number which is wholly subjective and, indeed, doubly so when you considered I made that number up, but I'll bet I'm not far off.

To get your foot in the religious door I'd suggest being a bit sly, apply to the Charities Commission for a recognised place of worship where you can perform shamanic ritual like weddings and... depending on the way you want your new superstition to go... maybe human sacrifice. You'll need to fill out form 78 for that. You can get it here. I'd advise a fella like yourself to just completely avoid form 78A... you'll just upset yourself.

Print form 78 off, fill it out, get it sent.

Foot firmly in the door.

After that you'll need to get some acolytes, disciples, or 'believers' if you will. I'd reckon the best place to fill the ranks of your new religion would be to target the emotionally and mentally vulnerable... so maybe get some flyers sent to women's shelters, mental institutions, and prisons. Think carefully about the prisons, though... you'll likely get some bad 'uns joining, more concerned with robbing you, bumming you, then fucking off with the collection plate and your best sister-wife...

Don't be scared to use shameless mental abuse to terrorise the vulnerable into signing up for your cult... let's be honest, no established religion ever shirked from doing that, so why should you?

As your following grows don't be shy about having them sign over ever more of their income and possessions to you. And, when you feel the time is right, apply once again to the Charities Commission, but this time as full on, bona fide religious corporation.

Now they don't make this shit easy or obvious, because they don't want any old cunt coming along and starting up a religion... no... you need to be serious about these religious shenanigans, like the Jedis were when they tried to become a recognised religion. But even they were unsuccessful.

You, however, are already registered as having a place of worship, marriage, and human sacrifice from earlier in the plan, so don't worry. Your foot's in the door.

You'll need to register as a charity, weirdly, satisfying the provisions Section 2(2)© of the Charities Act 2006 (2011), where you'll have to meet certain religious requirements.

1. Belief in a god or gods, goddess or goddesses, supreme being or divine or transcendental being or entity or spiritual principle which is the object or focus of the religion
  2. A relationship between the believer nd supreme being or entity by showing worship of reverence or veneration of the supreme being or entity
  3. a degree of cogency cohesion seriousness and importance
  4. An identifiable positive beneficial moral or ethical framework

Just lie if you have to, no cunt is ever going to check... and how do they prove your god doesn't exist anyway? Just keep a straight face, pay the postage, and Tarafaloo! (I'm trying to think up a sweet religious word for your new cult here... kinda like Amen, but better)... and Tarafaloo! you're a fucking religion!

Next, you're going to need a compound where you can keep all your heid-the-ba religious converts... somewhere with a high perimeter wall so they can't wander off, and with big rooms where you can stick in bunk beds, a communal kitchen, and a sex dungeon where you can keep all the mental case women full of your holy jizzums.

You'll need a builder for that. Probably Balfour Beatty, Britain's premier building company.

Or, if things like aesthetics are not your thing... here.

Soon you'll be rolling in the moneys, so you'll need one of these... here

And, when it comes time to skip the country you'll want to tie up all the loose ends at your compound/centre of spiritual awakening/sex dungeon before you uber it to the airport... couple or three ideas for you here, here, and here.

Is it a perfect plan?

No.

And I think that's what I like about it.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3