Working Part Time

It's probably both. I never did anything with the intention of fucking anyone over, it's always been because I have a pathological hatred of authority and those who think they're in a position of authority.

If anything those who actually believe themselves to be in a position of minor authority grip my tits worse than those who are in positions of authority. The cunt who's in charge of the stationary cupboard... "Well, whit dae ye need a notepad fur?" Just fucking hand me a fucking notepad you insipid, feckless, hopeless fucking retard. Just because you've the key to the stationary cupboard doesn't mean you need to know my business. CUNT!

Like, for example, a milk monitor?

Ive never really had a proper 9-5 job. Worked part time in shops, bars and a bookies as a student.

That was fucking bad enough. Although the bookies was decent apart fae the weird hours and dealing with the very small minority of customers who had gambling problems.

Dont think I could handle a real job.

Me neither.

Was 8:30-17:00, now it's 8:00-16:45 with half day Fridays.

• Downvote 1

Well in the end I decided to do nothing and just keep at my full time 40 hours (which doesn't include lunches).

2 reasons:

(i) was pissed off with the company response to flexible working and their complete lack of support to properly consider 36 hours. I had the strong impression they were sending an unspoken message as to how a male engineer wanting to drop a few hours is perceived / valued.

(ii) after a big analysis, it turned out that, if I took the 10% cut and then lost my 10% site bonus on top of that, then it would have been a real doomsday scenario. While we could still pay the mortgage and go on holiday etc, I would have had no real disposable income and that was not tenable.

So there you are.

I bought an extra weeks holiday and am carrying some holidays over too, so i will be able to use those extra days as a means to spent some more time with the kids.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts / advice.

• Downvote 1

It's probably both. I never did anything with the intention of fucking anyone over, it's always been because I have a pathological hatred of authority and those who think they're in a position of authority.

If anything those who actually believe themselves to be in a position of minor authority grip my tits worse than those who are in positions of authority. The cunt who's in charge of the stationary cupboard... "Well, whit dae ye need a notepad fur?" Just fucking hand me a fucking notepad you insipid, feckless, hopeless fucking retard. Just because you've the key to the stationary cupboard doesn't mean you need to know my business. CUNT!

The kinds of cunts who, if they were handed a uniform, would immediately ascend to a position of almost godlike authority over all those other fuckers who aren't wearing a uniform. Even getting handed a fucking Hi-Vis bib transforms some people into King Fuck of Shit Mountain (in their own minds). Waiters are a great example of cunts who think a penguin-jacket and bow tie makes them Lord Lucan. Just get me my fucking chips and stop sneering like you dinna eat fucking Hot Pockets.

So... anyway... I think there's a certain mindset that, even subconsciously, rails against slaving like a darkie for the benefit of others while you get a percentage of the value of your own labour and are meant to be grateful to the cunt profiting off you for letting you share in the profit YOU generated.

I have had one decent boss in my entire employment history. When I worked in Manchester my boss was brilliant. Used to call me The Aberdonian Fuckwit despite knowing fine well Im not from Aberdeen. Stop being so fucking anal and just get the job out!.

I can handle that type of abuse because its respectful, straitforward abuse and in return I could call him all the names under the sun.

All of my other bosses have been passive aggressive cunts to varying degrees. Theres not much that deserves a punch in the face more than some cunt making a sly dig about a sponge being left in the sink.

Well in the end I decided to do nothing and just keep at my full time 40 hours (which doesn't include lunches).

2 reasons:

(i) was pissed off with the company response to flexible working and their complete lack of support to properly consider 36 hours. I had the strong impression they were sending an unspoken message as to how a male engineer wanting to drop a few hours is perceived / valued.

(ii) after a big analysis, it turned out that, if I took the 10% cut and then lost my 10% site bonus on top of that, then it would have been a real doomsday scenario. While we could still pay the mortgage and go on holiday etc, I would have had no real disposable income and that was not tenable.

So there you are.

I bought an extra weeks holiday and am carrying some holidays over too, so i will be able to use those extra days as a means to spent some more time with the kids.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts / advice.

You're terrible at tenable.

Traditional workplace hours of 9am to 5pm are now only the norm for a minority of workers, research suggests.

Just 6% of people in the UK now work such hours, a YouGov survey found.

Almost half of people worked flexibly with arrangements such as job sharing or compressed hours, allowing them to juggle other commitments, it found.

The study found most full-time workers would like to start work at 8am and finish by 4pm, hours chosen by 37% of those surveyed. The second most popular choice was 7am to 3pm, chosen by 21% of those surveyed.

It found flexibility was important to people of all ages and life stages, including parents and students, for example.

Those who did work flexibly said it improved their motivation and encouraged them to stay in a job for longer.

Traditional workplace hours of 9am to 5pm are now only the norm for a minority of workers, research suggests.

Just 6% of people in the UK now work such hours, a YouGov survey found.

Almost half of people worked flexibly with arrangements such as job sharing or compressed hours, allowing them to juggle other commitments, it found.

The study found most full-time workers would like to start work at 8am and finish by 4pm, hours chosen by 37% of those surveyed. The second most popular choice was 7am to 3pm, chosen by 21% of those surveyed.

It found flexibility was important to people of all ages and life stages, including parents and students, for example.

Those who did work flexibly said it improved their motivation and encouraged them to stay in a job for longer.

Bloody hell. People actually want to start work at 7? Id rather start at 10 and finish at 3 which basically summarises today.