Hamilton v Aberdeen

Much better. Created plenty of chances and kept a clean sheet. 

Anyone saying Ferguson shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11 needs their head checked. 

Think the issue with Ferguson is he probably needed a break but McInnes is reluctant to give him one. That two game suspension came at right time. Great goal last night.

Fair enough, a win, but of a performance and 3 points

But Hamilton are shite tbh, the new few games will be a much better measure of this team.

Sunday was an indicator as to "the measure of this team"

A bunch of useless shitebags and it's going to take a lot more than wins over dross like Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Ross County to change that perception. 

Also drew games there against :

Partick, bottom of 2nd league.

Queens Park, who are 2 points of the bottom of the 4th league.

Tough venue.

Aye, Hamilton are nae great like. That much was also obvious last night. 

As much as it was good to get the win, along with some decent football at times, you have to temper it with an acceptance that we were playing one of the weakest teams in the league. 

Wasnt bad. Wasnt great.

We looked dangerous when the ball was on the deck and McGinn was a threat most of the night.

Reverted to long balls later in the second half which Cosgrove couldn't do much with. A striker playing off him would have got onto a couple of his flick ons and potentially put the game to bed. Baffles me how our management team can't see the same.

As I thought earlier in the season - playing Bryson and Ojo lets Ferguson get forward more - we've missed this the past few games.

Not the best of games, Hamilton typically sitting in deep, us resorting to long balls, but a win is a win - particularly at a ground where our record under DM has been poor!

Onto Saturday.

COYR!

Hesitate to say it but I am actually eagerly anticipating the return of big Gash Taylor, he has an error in him no doubt but I feel like we are seriously lacking anyone aggressively attacking the ball in both boxes at the moment.

For once last night we actually got a huge amount of quality crosses and set pieces into dangerous areas and other than Cosgrove hitting the post, did sweet fuck all with them. Would have fancied Ash to get a goal last night if he was on the pitch.

• Downvote 1

Decent performance and result, bearing in mind the level of opposition.

Should have been much more comfortable, I would almost have bet on us conceding a late equaliser, but good we didnt.

if we can beat killie at the weekend, we will start to put a bit of daylight between us and the rest. This will be welcome as it looks like we will be challenging for 3rd place.

I was delighted / amused to see the BBC describe St johnstone V Hearts as a "relegation tussle" - in October! :laughing: :laughing:

Decent performance and result, bearing in mind the level of opposition.

Should have been much more comfortable, I would almost have bet on us conceding a late equaliser, but good we didnt.

if we can beat killie at the weekend, we will start to put a bit of daylight between us and the rest. This will be welcome as it looks like we will be challenging for 3rd place.

I was delighted / amused to see the BBC describe St johnstone V Hearts as a "relegation tussle" - in October! :laughing: :laughing:

Next 3 games I believe are Kilmarnock H, Ross County A and St Johnstione A. A great chance to pick up 9 points as Kilmarnock missing a few this week also so we can hopefully move into 3rd place and we won't be to many points behind the top 2 if we do win these 3 games either.