Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

^^^

Old firm arrogance

Incorrect.  We're the fucking famous and immune to hypocrisy.  When the arse cheeks come out with that sort of thing it's arrogance.  When we do it it's fact.  St J are a nothing club and Kerr should be desperate to come to Scotland's most successful club in Europe.

• Upvote 1

You are welcome to him. Only 6ft which is tiny for a central defender these days. I'm looking for us to go for Jason Kerr at St Johnstone. With Devlin just returning from injury I reckon he will get his spot in the squad for the upcoming Scotland games

EDIT....you also need a manager that isn't a useless cunt of a human

Not a chance we'll be bidding for Kerr. They'll be looking at 7 figure offers from down the road.

I didn't get the inactivity of us, Aberdeen and the wee team either. He's not ready for the uglies, but then look at Hendry, Dundee to Celtic. He's better than him. Maybe mcinnes felt he wouldn't start ahead of Devlin and McKenna so couldn't justify the wage.

With Levein and his ability to fall out with people, a lot comes down to who the agent is.

Hastie at Motherwell is going to be the next bun fight. Assuming Aberdeen will be in to replace GMS...

A few rumours circulating that both Celtic and the Zombies have offered him a contract... 

Fascinating fact: Hastie comes from a family of prominent amateur boxers.  Could apparently have gone down that path... but chose to pursue football instead. 

Halkett could be a decent signing. Few boys I know who are well season ticket holders say Cadden hasn’t progressed at all the last season or 2 and don’t think he will be that big of a loss.

Cadden has been injured for most if not all this season.

Basically ass raped GMS in the league cup quarter final last season. So much so that the Aberdeen player stayed indoors after half time.

Good player, would have been good long term replacement for Shay

Halkett and Cadden done deals for the JTs I'm told.

Hackett, Cadden, Bryson and Naismith (on a permanent deal). If Hearts pull that off they'll be looking a lot stronger next season - very good players at SPL level and would certainly do a job for Aberdeen.

McInnes obviously likes to keep any potential transfer dealing discrete and it has to be appreciated as its benefited us up to now. However with the new training facilities set to be complete in the summer I'd hope to see ourselves recruit a higher calibre of player than in recent years. Having state of the art training facilities would be an attractive proposition for any player and would at least put us on the same negotiating field as that of Hearts and Hibs.

We are very fortunate to finally have a number of prospective youth players such as Campbell, McLennan, McKenna, Wright (hopefully) and Ferguson among others who are capable of challenging for positions within the first team. I honestly cannot recall a time in the last 20+ years where we have had a conveyor belt of youth players of such a high standard. Hopefully this is a regular occurrence as it not only reduces the cost of recruitment but could lead to our club profiting on the sale of players. I read the average age for Aberdeen in our quarter final match against The Rangers was 21 - thats pretty impressive.

Going to be a tough task replacing Shinnie and GMS along with our ongoing search to replace McLean/ Christie (i.e. an attacking Mid) from last summer. I hope we don't sell Mckenna this summer as he is a key player for us.

McInnes doesn't always keep his transfer dealings discreet. He's already admitted offering contracts to Joe Shaughnessy and Greg Stewart.

When GMS and Shinnie leave (and I imagine Gleeson will also leave as will Reynolds) we will have plenty of budget to find replacements. GMS no great loss very good player on his day but very inconsistent and injury prone McLennan is his ready made replacement. We won 6 out of 8 games in December without GMS.I imagine Ball will be offered a permanent deal. Considine will sign on again I'm sure. Max Lowe for another season would be ideal but not overly confident of that.

The big question mark is will McKenna be sold. I'd love to keep him for another season before selling him but I can see some serious offers coming in this summer he was absolutely immense in the 3 back to back old firm games. That will not have gone unnoticed.

McInnes doesn't always keep his transfer dealings discreet. He's already admitted offering contracts to Joe Shaughnessy and Greg Stewart.

When GMS and Shinnie leave (and I imagine Gleeson will also leave as will Reynolds) we will have plenty of budget to find replacements. GMS no great loss very good player on his day but very inconsistent and injury prone McLennan is his ready made replacement. We won 6 out of 8 games in December without GMS.I imagine Ball will be offered a permanent deal. Considine will sign on again I'm sure. Max Lowe for another season would be ideal but not overly confident of that.

The big question mark is will McKenna be sold. I'd love to keep him for another season before selling him but I can see some serious offers coming in this summer he was absolutely immense in the 3 back to back old firm games. That will not have gone unnoticed.

Correct & any decent side interested in him will know full well that any mistakes he's making now will certainly be getting learned from & can easily be coached out of his game.

Some seem to forget he IS still learning & hasn't had the luxury of any kind of decent/consistent playing partner to help with his game/learning. They want the finished artical NOW 

He has attracted a lot of interest already BECAUSE he is pretty much a high quality blank canvas.

A big plot of land in a decent area for building if you like. Hence the reason he is worth decent money. 

I don't think Gleeson will leave. With a year left on his contract ( and he joined us from Ipswich so we won't be paying pennies) is he realistically going to find a club back down south who will pay us a fee for his services? Even if we agreed to let him leave for free, he would at least want a club to match what we are paying plus give him a signing on fee that covers his expenses from having to move again. And all this for a player who can only realistically play 75 minutes max per game.

As it happens, I'm quite happy for him to see out his contract. Any time he has came on as a sub he's been solid enough. His game time has been limited by the totally unexpected instant success of Ferguson plus Campbell coming through now. Both these youngsters have had a wise old head in Shinnie to talk them through games. With him heading for the exit, Gleeson could be the man to perform a similar role next season ( more for Campbell's benefit than Ferguson)

I just get the feeling Gleeson hasn't really settled up here and will be keen to get a gig back in England next season if he can. He's hardly played.

I think McInnes will be pretty disappointed with his overall contribution and would probably let him go on a free in the summer if he can find a club as he will be one of our highest earners.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually agree about GMS too. So much fun to watch when he's on, and so much ability. But all that being said he's never really put it all together consistently enough. McLennan has a big future on the wing, and I think Scott Wright also has a place when he returns. GMS will like MLS. 

This club survives without GMS and even Shinnie. I'd be more sad to see Ferguson or McLennan go than McKenna. I hope Aberdeen gets good money for McKenna, but I expect surprise bids for both Ferguson and McLennan. Plus Cosgrove bids too. Maybe McKenna isn't the most coveted prospect to pillage this summer?

I actually agree about GMS too. So much fun to watch when he's on, and so much ability. But all that being said he's never really put it all together consistently enough. McLennan has a big future on the wing, and I think Scott Wright also has a place when he returns. GMS will like MLS. 

This club survives without GMS and even Shinnie. I'd be more sad to see Ferguson or McLennan go than McKenna. I hope Aberdeen gets good money for McKenna, but I expect surprise bids for both Ferguson and McLennan. Plus Cosgrove bids too. Maybe McKenna isn't the most coveted prospect to pillage this summer?

Any bid over a mil for Cosgrove is a no brainer.

• Downvote 1

No chance of bids for mclennan yet

Makes honking decisions

Like when he could've squared it at Ibrox but tucked it under McGregor?

Mon now, don't talk a lot of utter shit, Frank. He's 19 and already a very decent player. Will only get better. Clubs pay for potential, sometimes more for that than the finished article. Not that I anticipate him leaving.

You’d actually have to agree with MT to an extent, McLennan is still learning and I’d say is a fair bit behind McKenna. McKenna is now in the zone where he’s having his form and consistency tested like all young players coming through hit. How he comes through that will determine if we get some massive bids