Where Are They Now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23342477

Looks like Scunthorpe have released him and he's fallen further to sign with Non League side Giants Gateshead. Now in the prime of his career at 24 as a youth he played for England at 3 different levels and was being touted as the next big thing after scoring a belter against bayern munich. What the hell happened their? :nutter:

What's the story with the dump on the dressing room floor at half time at killie?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23342477

Looks like Scunthorpe have released him and he's fallen further to sign with Non League side Giants Gateshead. Now in the prime of his career at 24 as a youth he played for England at 3 different levels and was being touted as the next big thing after scoring a belter against bayern munich. What the hell happened their? :nutter:

Shocking, that. He had something about him...

Juan Cobian, played virtually no games for the Dons. I recalled him being a left back, but the all-knowing internets say he was a right back, and who am I to argue?

1999-00_Cobian.jpg

Cobian was an Argentinian, so he had to be pretty good at fitba, right?

Fuck knows, because in 7 years at Huracan, Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton, Aberdeen and Swindon, he managed around 16 first team games according to the Wikipaedos.

I think this might have been the guy who supposedly had a better cross than David Beckham, but that might be someone else who, like Cobian, didn't really have a better cross than Beckham.

Allegedly Cobian played 3 games for Aberdeen. Does anyone actually recall seeing any of those games?

After a brief spell at Swindon where he amounted to four games in three seasons, before fucking off back to the Argentine, where he signed first for Boca Juniors. Notice I say 'signed' rather than 'played', because I can't see any evidence he actually played for them, and given his lack of appearances for any other team it's probably safe to assume he didn't play a first team game for them.

Later he ended up at Linares, where he played a total of no games, then it was off to Third Division Almagro. where he played a game.

In ten years, Juan played around 17 games of football, including appearances as a sub, before retiring to

Imagine being employed for a decade, and only having to work around 17 days in total... fucking great work if you can get it.

He retired circa 2006, though I doubt anyone noticed.

After leaving football... fuck knows. This is a guy who made Gary McDonald seem more high profile than the Incredible Hulk riding a robot T-Rex down Union Street on a Saturday afternoon.

• Upvote 4

Posted earlier in the thread he is at strum Graz.

What ever became of Eric Dolomeaux or Alex Notman?

Didnt Sturm Graz win the austrian bundesliga a while ago? Would of been surprised if he was getting a regular game there as i never really rated him at all, remeber reading in the ee that his price tag was 750,000 euros or some shite. Just goes to show that in italy all you need is long gorgeous locks and some other club may be willing to pay the big bucks. Doubt he'd even get a look in our current team.

• 4 weeks later...