Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

Least now we know for sure the SNP don't give a fuck about anything but independence. Anything to take the focus away from the nats shambolic record in government I suppose.

Fuckwit Sturgeon should realise that not telling the whole truth is just as bad as lying when she keeps banging on about leaving the biggest trading block in the world*

*Scotland trades four times less with the EU than with the rest of the UK.

Currency issue unresolved.

Budget deficit massive.

Education goin to fuck.

Another independence referendum. Just what we need.

You do realise indyref2 is nae happening tomorrow aye?

Best way to get shot of the 'shambolic' SNP is to vote for independence. They're fucked then. Defunct.

Why not? We weren't leaving last time.

Make the currency, EU membership and immigration policies clear and concrete and that'll make things a lot easier.

The barosso doctrine. We would have to apply and join the que like all nations seeking to join the EU. Folk that think that we will just be able to Stay in the EU and say ta ta to the rest of the UK are living in clout cuckoo land. Not that i give a shit. I voted to leave the EU anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Really?

Indy ref 1

Brexit

President Trump

Who argued for - and was ultimately vindicated - all of these big decisions, you or me?

I don't think it was you.

Anyway, lets see what this new indy debate brings.

Well done on being on the winning side on those three, but hang fire on feeling vindicated. The full effects of those three fucking awful decisions are still to be felt trust me.

Least now we know for sure the SNP don't give a fuck about anything but independence. Anything to take the focus away from the nats shambolic record in government I suppose.

Fuckwit Sturgeon should realise that not telling the whole truth is just as bad as lying when she keeps banging on about leaving the biggest trading block in the world*

Budget deficit massive.

Education goin to fuck.

Excellent post Jonty, but sadly arguing with facts and figures is like howling at the moon, when faced with SNP followers.

• Downvote 1

No Chance of that happening. That's the problem. Convincing people to vote yes on the hope of staying in/re-joining the EU without it being guaranteed. She is writing cheques the SNP might not be able to cash.

Surely for the EU fans out there, voting YES based on the possibility of not being able to join the EU is better than voting NO and having the certainty that we will be leaving?

Surely for the EU fans out there, voting YES based on the possibility of not being able to join the EU is better than voting NO and having the certainty that we will be leaving?

The whole reason for Indy Ref 2 is the EU. If she cant 100% guarantee Scotlands position will be retained in the EU how can she call one and promise it will happen? She has jumped the gun. She should have waited until after brexit when the deal is done then people would have a better idea what the hell they are voting for and what they are voting to leave.

Budget deficit massive.

Education goin to fuck.

hows the increased council tax payment going ye miserable cunt?

I see you're still blaming the bad snp for all your problems

The timing of this is almost comical.

Scottish Catholics were a major pillar of support for independence the first time, (the only faith group to vote mostly for independence), and yet this new call for a vote comes barely a day after the story broke about a senior SNP MSPs desire to do away with faith schools in Scotland.

Finally, while it was very welcome that the Scottish Government reaffirmed their support for faith schools and distanced themselves from Mr Sheppard’s comments, the First Minister should be wary.

Her predecessor, whatever his flaws, went out of his way to reassure the Catholic community they were welcome in Scotland, to praise Catholic schools. Ms Sturgeon has not made the same effort. That may well turn out to be a mistake.

http://www.sconews.co.uk/opinion/52776/snp%E2%80%88mp-needs-to-publicly-praise-his-local-catholic-schools/

(The SCO is a crap paper, but its coverage of this was decent).

People don't vote as a block, but if the Scottish Bishops were competent (they are not) they should use this to wring all sorts out of Sturgeon ahead of the next referendum.

hows the increased council tax payment going ye miserable cunt?

I see you're still blaming the bad snp for all your problems

Increasing my council tax by £600 per year whilst giving millionaires free money for winter fuel and free prescriptions , and foreign students free tuition.

Stupid, incompetent wankers.

@@Jonty

tell us more about the shambolic way the SNP have governed this country, we could do with a laugh today.

The Health stats versus RoUk have declined in the last ten years.

The education stats versus the RoUk, and globally, have declined in the last ten years.

Less college places for working class scots as we fund university places for foreigners.

Scottish economy is growing much slower than Englands.

Scotlands budget deficit is much bigger than Englands.

Our centralised police service don't attend to car crash victims for three days.

We have SNP MP's and MSP with fuck all experience (Donaldson? Black? Not even out of fuckin uni).

We are the highest taxed part of the UK.

Need any more fuel for the nationalist bonfire?

• Downvote 1

We're a country within an 'equal' union, bout time we were treated like one. Obviously not going to happen so let's get us the fuck out of it.

I fear the Scottish psyche will always hurt the Yes vote. Typical Scot more worried about how much pennies will be in the pocket over whether our votes count or whether we can make decisions based on our needs and not the needs of the average English family.

Really?

Indy ref 1

Brexit

President Trump

Who argued for - and was ultimately vindicated - all of these big decisions, you or me?

I don't think it was you.

Anyway, lets see what this new indy debate brings.

Always amuses me when people take a vote as a personal victory.

Voting with the consensus doesn't mean you're right

• Upvote 1

No they're not, they can vote No again. A referendum being called is the opposite of being silenced.

It's called repeating the same shit over and over again until Sturgeon gets the result she wants. I look forward to Scottish Independence Referendum 3 in 2020.

• Downvote 3