Netflix Or Lovefilm

Anybody on here use these sites?

My internet provider is now making it hard for me to download movies like I used to and I was wondering if these sites were any good for streaming movies? How does it work, can you download them to your computer then watch them on your laptop or through a media player or do you have to stream it and watch it there and then?

1341160085[/url]' post='780888']

My internet provider is now making it hard for me to download movies like I used to and I was wondering if these sites were any good for streaming movies? How does it work, can you download them to your computer then watch them on your laptop or through a media player or do you have to stream it and watch it there and then?

Is changing ISP an option?

Forget subscriptions. My advice to you as a free thinking liberal and strong advocate of net neutrality is to get yourself a decent VPN i.e. one that doesn't keep logs and preferably one whose company is registered in a lackadaisical jurisdiction such as Italy - i recommend these chaps: https://airvpn.org/ - then you can continue to download whatever you like whenever you like without oppressive interference from ''the man''. You can even run Xbox live over it, and it will work out to be much cheaper than one of they shitty love film deals.

Yours Sincerely,

A Virgin Media Customer and Victim of Brutal p2p Throttling

Forget subscriptions. My advice to you as a free thinking liberal and strong advocate of net neutrality is to get yourself a decent VPN i.e. one that doesn't keep logs and preferably one whose company is registered in a lackadaisical jurisdiction such as Italy - i recommend these chaps: https://airvpn.org/ - then you can continue to download whatever you like whenever you like without oppressive interference from ''the man''. You can even run Xbox live over it, and it will work out to be much cheaper than one of they shitty love film deals.

Yours Sincerely,

A Virgin Media Customer and Victim of Brutal p2p Throttling

BigMan, that would take me a wee bit out of my comfort zone, I'll have to look into that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/watch-netflix-in-bed-for-a-living-9588918.html

http://jobs.netflix.com/jobs.php?id=NFX01466

The streaming media site is looking for a qualified candidate in the UK or Ireland to help with its recommendation system by watching movies and TV shows. The Netfix "tagger" chooses from a pool of more than 1,000 descriptive tags to accurately describe the flick from the plot to the overall mood.

It is Taggers' responsibility to assess the genre, tone and personality of content to determine what viewers might want to watch next, helping the streaming service improve its 'You might love Critically-Acclaimed-Emotional-Underdog-movies' type suggestions.

There are currently only 40 Taggers worldwide, and this is the first time Netflix will recruit one in the UK.

"The role will offer flexible hours working from home" the spec for the dream job states, and "would suit those with a passion for films and TV programmes".

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Panasonic "Smart" TV (3yrs old) which doesn't offer any Netflix/Lovefilm services, and yet I noticed in passing the other day a Panasonic Smart Blu-Ray player for sale which promotes that it has Netflix (I already have a Panasonic non-Smart blu-ray so not interested in buying one). Any tech afficionados able to tell me if I ought to be able to update or reboot my TV software to get Netflix (my logic is that Panasonic Smart devices must affilliate with Netflix) or is it likely to be a hardware issue?

I have a Panasonic "Smart" TV (3yrs old) which doesn't offer any Netflix/Lovefilm services, and yet I noticed in passing the other day a Panasonic Smart Blu-Ray player for sale which promotes that it has Netflix (I already have a Panasonic non-Smart blu-ray so not interested in buying one). Any tech afficionados able to tell me if I ought to be able to update or reboot my TV software to get Netflix (my logic is that Panasonic Smart devices must affilliate with Netflix) or is it likely to be a hardware issue?

Think it depends on the TV. Netflix just might not be available for that particular model due to age or whatever.

Nip to Bridge of don and pick up this second hand wii, £40, netflix....sorted. :cool:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/wii-for-sale/1073590044

Standfree, I think pre-2012 models are affected, I wondered if there was a cheat but I've never found one.

Is this the bit where I have to admit to being a mongoloid because I already have a wii connected to the TV?

:suicide:

:laughing: sounds like it!

Just download the Netflix app on the Wii and you're all set.

Or get yourself a Chrome Cast, which plugs into the HDMI (i think) and will play whatever you send to it via laptop, mobile etc on your TV using the WIFI.

£30 from Tesco

http://www.tesco.com/direct/google-chromecast-hdmi-streaming-media-player/286-1656.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=286-1656&ui=mercury&sc_cmp=pcp_GSF_Digital%20TV%20Boxes%20%26%20Media%20Streamers_286-1656kpid=286-1656&sc_cmp=tp1_ppc_g__&gclid=CjwKEAjwi6OeBRCCrZqp-qaQhhISJACrfbtAbQGMWqTtw9jTuYEx_NQvet08TtMqp9oIlLuGHWc9hRoC7J7w_wcB

I'm only interested in the streaming and the on-demand stuff really. Just want decent choice of things that I'd like to watch. For example, I'm getting 24 skyplussed for me just now and I'd rather just be able to go online and stream it. Used to do this with torrents & laptop hooked up to TV but I'm getting a bit Roger Murtaugh for that.

No more lovefilm it's now Amazon instant and it has improved greatly, I was a happy netflix customer for years but when I finished breaking bad I gave Amazon a try and it's brilliant, especially for tv series. You get prime instant films/tv series whitch is an instant stream with your monthly subscription and you can buy/rent more up to date titles (witch, from experience generally get added to prime). The free trials always worth a try, even to watch some if the amazon original series such as Vikings witch is almost like game if thrones minus all the weiners

Check your TV menu, probably under settings, to see if you have the latest Firmware/Software upgrades for your telly.