Beggars - Do You Give Them Anything But The Steam Off Your Shit?

fatshaft

Last time I dropped change on a beggar was in America, was just about to head for a taxi to the airport, so scooped out my pocket of about $5 in change and dropped it in this guys hand.

"aw man, you nearly broke my wrist" he says :deadhorse:

Sorry for trying to help. Bastards.

Sometimes, usually in Aberdeen.

I don't believe anecdotes where every begger lives in a 5 bedroom house in Westhills. Nor do I think every homeless person is a workshy layabout.

I think people often convince themselves that this is the case for a variety of reasons

Sometimes, usually in Aberdeen.

I don't believe anecdotes where every begger lives in a 5 bedroom house in Westhills. Nor do I think every homeless person is a workshy layabout.

I think people often convince themselves that this is the case for a variety of reasons

If give in Aberdeen there is good chance you have just been conned by one of many in city centre who give real homeless folk bad name.

Depends on their accent when they ask for change when I'm in Aberdeen.

Local accent gets money, weegie or foreign doesn't.

I do give away pay and display tickets when leaving car parks if they have a decent time left on them but that doesn't really help beggars too much but it makes me feel good.

I used to give the one beside the cash machine on Belmont St a couple of quid now and again

Gave a foriegn wifie the rest of my KFC bucket outside the Copie on Union St not that long ago.

I was boozy on a stag night in the grassmarket edinburgh, was going into a chipper and offered a beggar outside anything he wanted, he said in the poshest voice I've heard, I've already eaten.

It cracked me up at the time. :)

I suspect he may have been a student out to make a few quid off the Saturday night drunks.

I don't give to beggers, buy the big issue on occasion but wouldn't give to the skanks who sit on Union Street, I don't believe anyone in Aberdeen needs to be homeless, the council will always help out if you need it that bad, I do give to guitar wifie though, she's cool and makes an effort.

I used to give the one beside the cash machine on Belmont St a couple of quid now and again

Gave a foriegn wifie the rest of my KFC bucket outside the Copie on Union St not that long ago.

:thumbup1:

Aye, he's a sound boy, as is the boy that sits outside the chipper at the end of the road. The foreign ones are almost always Romanian gypsies, fuck em, they actually have hooses, generally their spouse has a job but they go and beg for a living. No time for those grasping cunts.

Last time I dropped change on a beggar was in America, was just about to head for a taxi to the airport, so scooped out my pocket of about $5 in change and dropped it in this guys hand.

"aw man, you nearly broke my wrist" he says :deadhorse:

Sorry for trying to help. Bastards.

Fuck Celtic and their fans.

I give them fuck all.

Very rarely now. I used to give them change quite often but too many that are just at it, or being run by some sort of group.

Some of them are just complete arseholes also (not all mind) but as a whole I'd rather give my change to barstaff cos they deserve it more having to put up wi my shite.

Remember when they were doing "roadworks" on Schoolhill outside of Starbucks?

One night on the way to town I managed to pick up a pair of pliers from a loose toolbox, and when I was on Union St some "beggar" had the cheek to ask me for wonga. This was just outside KFC.

With the help of a couple of cronies,we dragged this twat down Diamond St. and they gave him a few kicks and punches for about 5 minutes. I then extracted about 3 or 4 of his "teeth" with the pliers and he begged us to take his money.

It totalled up at

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Very rarely now. I used to give them change quite often but too many that are just at it, or being run by some sort of group.

Some of them are just complete arseholes also (not all mind) but as a whole I'd rather give my change to barstaff cos they deserve it more having to put up wi my shite.

I'm looking forward to my cheque from you then. :thumbup1:

One night on the way to town I managed to pick up a pair of pliers from a loose toolbox, and when I was on Union St some "beggar" had the cheek to ask me for wonga. This was just outside KFC.

With the help of a couple of cronies,we dragged this twat down Diamond St. and they gave him a few kicks and punches for about 5 minutes. I then extracted about 3 or 4 of his "teeth" with the pliers and he begged us to take his money.

It totalled up at

• Downvote 2

It totalled up at

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You can't be that 'privileged' if you can only afford to spend fifty sheets on a night out.

I don't know, some of the tightest folk I ken are those who have the most money.

I don't think it's possible to accumulate heaps of money in life without being a tight fisted hoor who nobody really likes or trusts.

Beggars should start doing magic tricks or tell jokes if they want some money.

At least abroad they are street artists etc. here they just sit and grumble, "any spare change pal".

Not much sympathy for them. Reaping the 'rewards' of their own fuck ups, of which there will be many, you don't end up on the street if you've not.

Depends what mood I'm in, some days I can feel their pain, when it's pishing it down or that, and I'll chuck them a pound or two.

I dinna really care if they spend it on drink and drugs, here's me walking past with everything I could ever need or want, and this fuck-up sitting shivering below a pish stained blanket in all weathers.

The least I can do is spare him a tiny bit of what I have, regardless of how he or I ended up taking the paths we took in life, it's basic human kindness.

• Upvote 1