New signing? What, where, when?

I don't think we'll be recruiting anyone else this week. He targeted a striker ahead of the St Mirren match - and IMO DM has more than replaced the departing Rooney with James Wilson.

At the very least we will most likely see the signing of a winger next week. I liked Greg Stewart and thought he was a really good player on his day but was inconsistent and he didn't offer enough during the duration of his time with us.

St Mirren will be a tough match but even with the injuries to our squad I think we'll grind out a win.

2-1 Aberdeen Wilson and May.

Tords Army min.

I doubt you'd be allowed into the PG anyway if someone getting their bum out offends you.

We wouldn't have you in the TA either.

Serpent Bunter Group for you.

Reekie is firmly in the PG. having confirmed his status through viral videos of bulling whilst high on class A's

Tords Army are in perennial decline

Reekie is firmly in the PG. having confirmed his status through viral videos of bulling whilst high on class A's

Tords Army are in perennial decline

That was an amazing video tbf. Can't take that away from him.

One mention of the authorities from a valued brother Parky and all the PGs are pecking like a bunch of hens. Absolute lettuces.

Hoping for a Champagne Charlie type signing with the DNA dough and a packed house on Sat for his debut.

But.......na, I doubt we'll have anyone except maybe a full back we've never heard of.

People who haven't signed up for DNA criticising the club for not spending the £60,000 or so they currently have from it on big name signings.

?

Guest the shepherd

You know what McIness recorded is with players who banged them in at reserve level is like.

Hope Anderson makes it but even John Stewart scored a winner against one of the Glasgow two

Aye but John Stewart's record was shocking, 5 goals out of 62 appearances if I mind right, although 3 were against the paedophile protecting club?.

You know what McIness recorded is with players who banged them in at reserve level is like.

Lol

Fucking stupid statement that, unless you mean that it's a perfect record in the sense that nobody got into the first team that wasn't good enough.

I think what you mean is - 'you know what our youth players record is when it comes to banging them in at reserve level under McInnes'. Still, that would be a fucking stupid statement to make ana. You would presumably be referring to just 1 other player (Shankland) and how he wasn't good enough for the Aberdeen first team.

Guest the shepherd

Was off the back of that injury to Preece we signed Langfield. The rest is history

No min. Jamie Langfield was signed the following summer with Ryan Esson being farmed out to Rotherham. David Preece stayed for another year or so before going to Silkeborg. We took in Derek Soutar as back up to Langfield as a result of Preece leaving.

Guest the shepherd

That was some period for shite goalkeepers. It genuinely felt like we were deliberately looking for the worst goalkeeper we could find.

Aye very true. ...then came along Bertrand Bossu?. Still trying to work out if 'there's a keeper in there somewhere.

Guest the shepherd

That was some period for shite goalkeepers. It genuinely felt like we were deliberately looking for the worst goalkeeper we could find.

I did like David Preece mind. I wondering if he is now running a home removals business??

Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse that season with Scott Brown and Adam Collin, in stepped Aaron Lennox.

As bad as Lennox was he was only thrown in because we basically had fuck all to play for by that point.

Recruiting Collin to replace Danny Ward was unforgivable. We'd have been better recalling Rogers and that's saying something.

the shepherd, on 16 Aug 2018 - 06:55 AM, said:

No min. Jamie Langfield was signed the following summer with Ryan Esson being farmed out to Rotherham. David Preece stayed for another year or so before going to Silkeborg. We took in Derek Soutar as back up to Langfield as a result of Preece leaving.

Couple of things wrong there.

Jamie Langfield and Ryan Esson had a season together - 2005/06

Esson started the season before Langfield took over. Esson ended up going to Shrewsbury and Soutar was signed as his replacement.

Preece had moved to Sikeborg during 2005. IIRC, he was allowed to move as he had the best chance of finding another club. Tried to find something on it but found this instead:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/3960443.stm

"I would have settled for a point at 2-0 up."

Amazing!

And I did find a quote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/4530177.stm

"There's not a lot between David and Ryan in terms of ability, but David is older and probably has a better chance of picking up a club elsewhere.

i.e. he is better really.

True but he has almost certainly developed better by leaving Aberdeen as he's actually been playing football and scoring goals at his level.

Hahaha. You're having a laugh right? You must be. If not then that is complete bullshit.

When he was in our development squad he was out on loan almost constantly. From the age of 18 or 19 he was 'developed' mostly by Greenock Morton with a brief stint at Alloa. I would argue that the standard he was playing at during the 2014 season (league 1) wasn't as good as the development squad that romped the league with Shankland scoring about 30 goals. He probably would have been on the bench.

He wanted to leave for Fleetwood who 'developed' him so well that they sent him straight back to Morton half way through the first season. He never went back. He then reached the heady heights of the Scottish championship with Raith and was relegated with them.

By this time, he probably had developed into a championship player and he has since managed to stay in that league. Ross County gave him a 1 year deal after his Dunfermline 1 year deal ended.

It's a fucking great story lol.

"Certainly developed better by leaving Aberdeen" you say? Aye right. The boy has been very badly advised, throughout his career. Who knows, if he'd taken our extension, he may have ended up at least as good as Lawrence Shankland.

• Downvote 1