Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

Really depends on the manner of the victory, convincing KO of either of course he isn't a fraud, getting a homer decision when he should lose the fight, yip definitely a fraud.

Funny that on Saturday AJ was ahead on one card and only down by 1 on the other two, fix was most definitely on, he was dominated and he looked lost, could argue that the ref should've waved it off after the second knockdown but he gave him the benefit of the doubt which I'd tend to agree with but some worrying exchanges between him and his trainer in between rounds.

Like you said on whatsapp, mental that it was a further 16 seconds between AJ getting up on 8 and the ref waving it off. He still looked rubber mannied. He was well and truly battered on Saturday. His camp will be worried. 

Really depends on the manner of the victory, convincing KO of either of course he isn't a fraud, getting a homer decision when he should lose the fight, yip definitely a fraud.

Funny that on Saturday AJ was ahead on one card and only down by 1 on the other two, fix was most definitely on, he was dominated and he looked lost, could argue that the ref should've waved it off after the second knockdown but he gave him the benefit of the doubt which I'd tend to agree with but some worrying exchanges between him and his trainer in between rounds.

He'll never be able to prove you and your moving goal posts down.

Heard some of the things he was supposed to have said on the radio today. Brains well and truly scrambled.

He'll never be able to prove you and your moving goal posts down.

Heard some of the things he was supposed to have said on the radio today. Brains well and truly scrambled.

That's not true, I gave him plenty of credit after the Klitschko fight but there were things in that fight that set off alarm bells, since then he's been on the decline, punch output almost halved on sat compared to his previous 8 fights.

That's not true, I gave him plenty of credit after the Klitschko fight but there were things in that fight that set off alarm bells, since then he's been on the decline, punch output almost halved on sat compared to his previous 8 fights.

Will be interesting to see how he does without having the stress of trying to stay undefeated.

I'd say Joshua would probably only be considered fringe world class at best if he was around in the 90's.

The likes of Lewis, Holyfield, Tyson and Bowe would have done him serious damage. Even the lower tier heavies of that era like Ruddock, McCall, Morrison, Golota, Rahman, Tua, Akinwande, Mercer and Moorer would all have beaten him going by his performance the other night. Vitali Klitschko would have destroyed him. Today's heavies are poor when compared to that era although Fury and Wilder are both decent.

Boxing correspondent Gareth A Davies was on the radio this morning saying there are rumours doing the rounds that AJ was knocked out in sparring in the lead up to the fight. If that is true you have to seriously question his team going through with the fight instead of postponing it.

Was glorious watching. Think he'll chin him again in the rematch.

I think this as well, AJ needs to make a lot of changes, would appear that he doesn't have much of a defence, he has far too many hangers on with him, interesting that Hearn has said AJ wants the rematch in MSG again but Hearn wants it in the UK.

I think this as well, AJ needs to make a lot of changes, would appear that he doesn't have much of a defence, he has far too many hangers on with him, interesting that Hearn has said AJ wants the rematch in MSG again but Hearn wants it in the UK.

Likely needs a change of scenery and training.

I heard on the radio that he uses the same team he used as an amateur. IS there anyone who stayed at the top over a consistent period of time who didn't make a switch at some point? Calzaghe maybe?

Likely needs a change of scenery and training.

I heard on the radio that he uses the same team he used as an amateur. IS there anyone who stayed at the top over a consistent period of time who didn't make a switch at some point? Calzaghe maybe?

Not entirely sure, it's an amateur gym though for those up and coming, I get that people need to be where they are comfortable but surely  there's better places for him to train.  Fury a good example of changing things up, took a gamble but it looks to be paying off but the main thing for him is that he's happy.

Not entirely sure, it's an amateur gym though for those up and coming, I get that people need to be where they are comfortable but surely  there's better places for him to train.  Fury a good example of changing things up, took a gamble but it looks to be paying off but the main thing for him is that he's happy.

Probably needs someone to tell him to wise up more than anything. Can imagine it gets too casual.

You've got to admit he's not exactly a great watch? He's good at what he does but it's not exactly Rocky 4.

Fury is superb to watch - his movement is unreal for a heavyweight.

Far better watch than that plodding body builder AJ although I concede his last fight was an enjoyable watch

You've got to admit he's not exactly a great watch? He's good at what he does but it's not exactly Rocky 4.

I love watching Fury, not sure where you're getting that from?  What do you expect? 

When he was bobbing and weaving through the attempted combination from the German boy, at the tail end of the second round - that was brilliant entertainment!  The size of the man - to be able to move like that!

The way fury dodged those four punches in round 2 was incredible.

I admit a very limited boxing knowledge, technically. But he's probably the most entertaining sportsman to watch right now.

He's a bloody good wind up too. I hope he gets to make a mockery of Joshua one day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dillian whyte, what are you playing at. In line to fight for the wbc world title fight and now up for a ban. Looking forward to see if aj can do a Lennox Lewis and come back with a win in the rematch.

Rule of thumb with immediate rematches, same result just more devastating however there's the odd one that doesn't go like that, got to remember Lewis lost to McCall in 94 and didn't fight him again until 97, with Rahman that was obviously immediately done with Lewis managing to flip the result.

Rule of thumb with immediate rematches, same result just more devastating however there's the odd one that doesn't go like that, got to remember Lewis lost to McCall in 94 and didn't fight him again until 97, with Rahman that was obviously immediately done with Lewis managing to flip the result.

Lewis didn't take the Rahman fight seriously at all.