Sevco Thread

Aye - come on now Calgary son; lets let the facts materialise before we talk about them haha

Maybe one day - but to date; as opposite to that as stuff gets.

There is no evidence that an overweight, 30-something, ex Ireland international who can't play beyond 60 mins is better than Ryan Jack, a regulator the Huns who for the first time in years are mounting a title challenge even after 20 or so extra Europa fixtures.

Jack is a wee dick but far superior at football to Fatlad Gleeson.

Stewart last season was in the same shape as Gleeson is now with us.......carrying a stone too much weight resulting in him being slow and unable to (effectively) complete a full 90 minutes. He realised that himself around last Xmas and definitely lost some of the extra beef and started to look quite useful.

However he has done a proper pre-season with Killie and got rid the rest of the weight and now is starring. He's also being used in the correct position which always helps too.

Gleeson when he joined up was obviously talented but also obviously badly out of condition. I don't think DM had any intention of bringing Ball back on loan this season but realised he had no option the minute he saw Gleeson on the training field and in the first couple of friendlies. since we have started to see a bit of Gleeson in the last few weeks I do think he has started to get a bit of his extra weight off too and so has looked much improved, so not going to write him off just yet. But saying he's an improvement on Jack?? Sorry Calgary but you need to step away from the obviously near empty Xmas sherry bottle

I honestly thought Jack was overrated when he played for us - I couldn't understand the fuss over him. Gleeson may have been unfit when he joined which would explain his lack of game time so far. However his first touch, passing, and ability to read the game is superior to Jack. Maybe premature, but from the glimpses I've seen of Gleeson I'll stand by my opinion. Hopefully Gleeson is given more game time during the second half of the season in which we can actually compare the two. I'll happily retract my "Gleeson who is an improvement on Jack" if Gleeson is given the minutes and the evidence proves otherwise.

Also back to my original point - we can most definitely source players of equal calibre to the likes of Kamara and Jones under our current budget. Cadden at Motherwell and Greg Stewart are two.

• Upvote 1

McInnes has consistently sourced players capable of taking us to cup finals and challenging for 2nd place. For all the abuse he receives he's done well with his transfer dealing. We just made a profit of 250k for Stockley which should help towards signing replacements. Cosgrove who was signed for 20k has done more than Stockley for us, equalled Rooneys goal stats from last season already and was sourced from the Carlisle reserves.

They signed Jack under the same conditions as Jones from Killie. We've recently sourced Gleeson who is an improvement on Jack. Forrester is the only player we've signed recently where I have concerns and even thats been harsh considering his personal issues. We weren't even aware of Lowe and look how well he did. Same applies for Maddison, Ward, Hector and even Church! And if Wilson could bring some consistency to his game he could potentially be the best of the bunch.

Jordan Jones was actually benched a few weeks back by Clarke. His stats this season are 2 goals and 4 assists in 24 matches. Compare that to GMS. A player we signed for 150k. 6 goals and 2 assists in 19 matches - 2 of which were against EPL opposition. How about McLennan - 2 goals and 3 assists 12 matches. Greg Stewart is a player we should sign - 8 goals and 6 assists in 16 matches - much like Gleeson wasn't given a chance but was a very good when played.

Ferguson (who potentially may profit us a few million in the future) has been a fantastic signing - would much rather have him than Kamara. The Rangers have to spend a lot more on wages and transfer fees for the same calibre of player.

The only two players we haven't replaced in my opinion are Christie and McLean - hopefully McInnes is able to rectify that this window.

You are absolutely mental and clearly take everything at face value, there's no confirmation of how much we are making from Stockley who was a terrible signing, Cosgrove the jury is still out despite a welcomed purple patch.  McInnes transfer dealings have been poor more times than they've been good, Lewis the last good signing I can think of, loan signings of players that are here for less than 6months aren't good business it's a sign of desperation and short term thinking, like most of his recent signings.

You are absolutely mental and clearly take everything at face value, there's no confirmation of how much we are making from Stockley who was a terrible signing, Cosgrove the jury is still out despite a welcomed purple patch. McInnes transfer dealings have been poor more times than they've been good, Lewis the last good signing I can think of, loan signings of players that are here for less than 6months aren't good business it's a sign of desperation and short term thinking, like most of his recent signings.

Lewis the last good signing you can think of? :laughing:

Lewis the last good signing you can think of? :laughing:

Yes that's proven himself, Ferguson has the potential to be amazing, started his career here very well, GMS took a while to get going and injuries have hampered him a bit too, there's a hell of a lot more failures than successes over the last 3 seasons.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You are absolutely mental and clearly take everything at face value, there's no confirmation of how much we are making from Stockley who was a terrible signing, Cosgrove the jury is still out despite a welcomed purple patch. McInnes transfer dealings have been poor more times than they've been good, Lewis the last good signing I can think of, loan signings of players that are here for less than 6months aren't good business it's a sign of desperation and short term thinking, like most of his recent signings.

We've signed GMS, Devlin and Ferguson since Lewis?

Yes that's proven himself, Ferguson has the potential to be amazing, started his career here very well, GMS took a while to get going and injuries have hampered him a bit too, there's a hell of a lot more failures than successes over the last 3 seasons.

GMS has proven himself. Think you realised that was a heap of shite after you posted it and tried to justify it. Ferguson is also a proven good signing already.

GMS has proven himself. Think you realised that was a heap of shite after you posted it and tried to justify it. Ferguson is also a proven good signing already.

Not really Ferguson has been here 2minutes and has played an obscene amount of minutes for his age, he could go way off the boil from now until the end of the season, he wouldn't be a good signing then, Mcinnes has gotten more wrong than he has right, that's a fact.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not really Ferguson has been here 2minutes and has played an obscene amount of minutes for his age, he could go way off the boil from now until the end of the season, he wouldn't be a good signing then, Mcinnes has gotten more wrong than he has right, that's a fact.

Gleeson, Forrester, Wilson and Ball could go on and have a great season if that's your logic.

Devlin, Ferguson, GMS all outstanding signings. Cosgrove and May starting to prove themselves. You don't count loans, probably because you know there is good signings in there too, but Lowe was a good signing. Gleeson might prove a good one yet.

I'd agree there's more bad than good, same as most managers, but exaggerating it to suit your point is pretty fucking stupid.

• Upvote 3

Gleeson, Forrester, Wilson and Ball could go on and have a great season if that's your logic.

Devlin, Ferguson, GMS all outstanding signings. Cosgrove and May starting to prove themselves. You don't count loans, probably because you know there is good signings in there too, but Lowe was a good signing. Gleeson might prove a good one yet.

I'd agree there's more bad than good, same as most managers, but exaggerating it to suit your point is pretty fucking stupid.

With loans I just don't get the hype the players receive, they are here for less than 6 months, again he's had some disasters, Ball being one of the worst yet we took him back, what Calgary Don is saying is a heap of shit, McInnes and his amazing ability in the transfer market is an absolute myth.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Max Lowe is the perfect example of a loan deal.

We benefit FOR THE LOAN PERIOD from the services of a player we otherwise wouldn’t have. The loaning club benefit from the development of their player for the period following the loan.

I don’t get what people expect from them otherwise.

Has Del made good use of loans? Yes.

Has he had to make good use of loans because of otherwise ignoring what to everyone, especially opponents, are glaring unaddressed holes in our squad? Yes.

Should we have addressed said holes via purchase or youth development? Ideally yes.

Is Scottish fitba ideal? Hell no.

Only criticism I’d have is in loaning a player from a direct opponent. That strikes me as handing over too much power and leaves us both impotent and fragile.

• Upvote 4

And I think you’re too harsh on Dom Ball the player Mini. He was brought to do a job from a specific set of circumstances, those being a transfer window closing and us acrabbling about pre euro qualifier.

Ball has done what he should have been brought in to do I.e. fill. The failing (which isn’t Balls fault, in fact it’s actually a complement to the guy) is that he’s been asked to more than just that. Full back in the cup semi, CH against Celtic etc etc

And I think you’re too harsh on Dom Ball the player Mini. He was brought to do a job from a specific set of circumstances, those being a transfer window closing and us acrabbling about pre euro qualifier.

Which makes the·"happy to wait" stance from McInnes look bonkers. We hold on even though its obvious the positions we need to cover then end up missing out and  against the clock and buying the likes of Forrester and loaning in the likes of Ball.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

https://followfollow.com/forum/threads/quite-a-number-of-aberdeen-fans-trying-to-get-ryan-jack-battered.61319/

This thread, like every one on there, just descends further and further into insanity. 

Where the feck are plod,The country is descending into complete anarchy.

There should be a police operation underway very soon with many doors being took clean off hinges. That was death threats from an organised mob.

Ryan Jack will not get hassle in Aberdeen,believe he is cousin's with the McAllisters(boxers)&No one messes with them,he is also well capable of looking after himself.
WATP

I see a headline on BBC - Essentially Referees organisation demand clubs one up with a plan to deal with trouble refs are facing.

Maybe the refs organisation could come up with some suggestions.

Like maybe-

Half way capable Referees.

Standards that mean shite performances actually result in refs being properly demoted.

A system of post game governance where shite nonsense excuses like "we can't do anything because the referee saw it during the game" are actually seen for what they are - pathetic, slippery excuses

And maybe some basic sensible rules that require Referees not to hang out in the pub with football fans on the night after you have refereed a match.

Maybe some basic attempts to at least explain what refereed are thinking about controversial decisions

Maybe attempt UI Ng to at least appear to be even handed and above questions of bias by doing basic things like publishing which teams refs support/supported and not allocating them to those games.

Fucking embarrassing lack of self awareness from our referee organisation tbh. Basically its all everyone else's fault that we are so shite everyone hates us.

• Upvote 1