Sevco Thread

7 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

£900k bonus for finishing top of their group on top of the £570k for winning the game

More importantly for them....they're now seeded and avoid the teams dropping down from the Champion's League

I want to say jammy cunts but sad to say they are deservedly where they are

They are fielding a team that they can't afford.

Their goal is to stop 10IAR at any cost to their measly 8-9 year existence.

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

He made the mistake of insulting me once and I drew blood from his cheek with one sweet punch. I liked that but the teachers didn't as I got one whole hour of detention. They were more lenient in those days but fuck, that was an injustice. The cunt deserved it and he would never have made that mistake again. 

Rowdy Rocket strikes again 

8 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Take it you don’t like billy Connolly or Kevin bridges, or watch chewin the fat, still game, city lights if your older, Rab c Nesbitt, Scot squad, Frankie Boyle, Rory Bremner, Robbie Coltrane, Ronnie Corbett, Ricky Fulton, Armando iannucci, naked video and only an excuse ?

Genuine question this 

a was wondering in your complete hatred towards Glasgow, does it stop you from liking any of the shows or comics above?

or do you take a more hypocritical view on fuck Glasgow fuck Glasgow but a like say billy Connolly for example?

am only asking as you the most on here shout about your hatred for Glasgow the most.

No. 
Connolly was brilliant in his day.

Bridges isn’t too bad.

Some of your list is lamentable (only an excuse, Rab C Nesbitt, Scot squad, & some of your list aren’t even Glaswegian, Corbett is Edinburgh, and so was Bremner I think).

But that’s irrelevant anyway, as my dig was 100% at Millermong.

He contributes fuck all to any thread & is as useful as Ann Frank’s drum kit.

Paraphrasing, he’s a cunt

PS - You’re way off the Mark suggesting I’m the most vocal about being anti-weegie.

Nowhere near.

I’ve also fully acknowledged in the past about Glaswegians & their massive contribution to the Dons too. 

8 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

He consistently contributes to any thread where you speak shite in, to point out the shite you speak. As usual though, he goes over the top and calls out your minor shite as major shite, as he is want to do. 

The irony in this is incredible.

Anyone who reads your monologues on any given subject deserves a medal.

Beyond tedious, and a lesson in “speaking shite”.

Prick 

5 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

They can spend what they like, they won't be allowed to fold. They are probably safer than us. And playing well.

if you avoid the media etc and have no hun friends (should be easy) it's easy to pretend it's not happening. 

6 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Although this is true the debt is owed to shareholders and not banks so likely hood is that they have very little actual debt assuming the shareholders that gave the money to them are happy to accept shares in return. The biggest question I have is how much longer can they keep converting loans into shares? Are they diluting the shares every time they issue them? Or where are they coming from? 

Douglas Park and co are wealthy individuals but not that wealthy they can keep propping through club up with 10-15m a year I don’t think? 

Qualification for CL and decent kit deal etc now could see them on brink of 100m a season turnover like Celtic had the last time they were in CL. Was only a few years ago it was 25m turnover. 

44 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I don't get it. Then again I don't know the AF story. 

Anne frank lived in a Dutch loft and had to stay extremely quiet for years so not to get caught by the patrolling Germans seen as she was a Jew, tiptoed everywhere so aye Anne Franck owning a drum kit is ridiculous which of course makes it funny, il give him that

37 minutes ago, slippers said:

Although this is true the debt is owed to shareholders and not banks so likely hood is that they have very little actual debt assuming the shareholders that gave the money to them are happy to accept shares in return. The biggest question I have is how much longer can they keep converting loans into shares? Are they diluting the shares every time they issue them? Or where are they coming from? 

Douglas Park and co are wealthy individuals but not that wealthy they can keep propping through club up with 10-15m a year I don’t think? 

Qualification for CL and decent kit deal etc now could see them on brink of 100m a season turnover like Celtic had the last time they were in CL. Was only a few years ago it was 25m turnover. 

This thing of owing it all to shareholders . Its what they claimed was happening with David Murray for years.

Park doesnt have the money to keep bankrolling this and the other "investors" want something back. Thats the point ...

27 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Anne frank lived in a Dutch loft and had to stay extremely quiet for years so not to get caught by the patrolling Germans seen as she was a Jew, tiptoed everywhere so aye Anne Franck owning a drum kit is ridiculous which of course makes it funny, il give him that

Fascinating story. 

I've been to her house and in her room. 

We had to keep it down so the German's didn't hear us!

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

They don't owe it all just to shareholders though. 

They've got at least one loan to Close Brothers and have unpaid HMRC payments. 

They also have rising transfer payments falling due in 2021.

As well as legal payments and judgments pending. 

What is the club valued at in previous books? It annoys me that the media don’t hold them to task over this and go and spend 6-7m on players. The worst thing possible would be them getting the champions spot in CL qualifying as they showed they are capable in Europe.  

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

They don't owe it all just to shareholders though. 

They've got at least one loan to Close Brothers and have unpaid HMRC payments. 

They also have rising transfer payments falling due in 2021.

As well as legal payments and judgments pending. 

They've also had 2 new investors join up this year. One is a Scot based in the Far East who had been rumoured to be about to invest for years...I think hes stuck £20million into the pot. Fairly certain that the existing shares are diluted although to what extent I have no idea (notice that career criminal King is offloading his at 20p a throw.and getting outta Ibrox permanently....he says this is a great deal for shareholders....well he would do wouldn't he).

The far east based Scot apparently has a billionaire Chinese mate who is looking to invest in a UK football team. I hope he looks elsewhere on the map rather than Glasgow.

Sevco bet the house on stopping 10IAR. It looks like their gamble has paid off, especially with the SPL champions joining the Champions League in the final qualifying round. 

11 minutes ago, slippers said:

What is the club valued at in previous books? It annoys me that the media don’t hold them to task over this and go and spend 6-7m on players. The worst thing possible would be them getting the champions spot in CL qualifying as they showed they are capable in Europe.  

Not sure. 

But uefa fair play requirements have been relaxed due to covid (and lenient reporting by Scottish football authorities) 

So I can't see them getting blocked from European football any time soon 

6 hours ago, slippers said:

The biggest question I have is how much longer can they keep converting loans into shares? Are they diluting the shares every time they issue them? Or where are they coming from? 

That's what I cant understand. They have possibly 4 times the shares they had a few years ago but are trading at roughly the same price as they were with less shares on the market!! Im sure that's nae how it works!! So the original 80 million shares were 20p each, for a figure and now 300 million shares still 20p so means the huns are valued at 300 million x 20p!! Nah! Da think so.....

16 hours ago, Poodler said:

They can spend what they like..

Well, they're not supposed to be able to.

The UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations (FFP) were established to prevent professional football clubs spending more than they earn in the pursuit of success and in doing so getting into financial problems which might threaten their long-term survival. 

The regulations provide for sanctions to be taken against clubs who exceed spending, over several seasons, (lol) within a set budgetary framework. Implementation of the regulations took place at the outset of the 2011–12 football season. The severest penalty is disqualification from the European competitions. Other penalties included fines, the withholding of prize money, and player transfer bans.

The rules need to be applied, but frustratingly, they aren't.

Sevco have gambled this season and have appeared to have won that gamble.

The purpose of the rules is to prevent clubs like Sevco (who haven't made a penny in their history) from putting their existence on the line.

Even the (then) soon to be dead club was issued a licence to play in Europe when they owed so much money the it was impossible for them to repay it.