Parking Charges

The Buzzard

The one who refers to himself as Mr McCracken and usually works with the South African guy.

Younger guy is Max, dull as fuck monotone voice - yes I watch this programme too much.

Aye thats the boy I thought.....if there's nothing on tv it's a good shout on channel 5, 5 star etc :laughing:

Was just reading a bit more about this and see that in Scotland and NI you can choose to ignore a parking notice. Private firms can only pursue the driver, not the registered owner of the car.

As we lease the car the parking charge was sent to ALD Automotive who I presume are the registered owners, and they in turn have notified us that Smart Parking will be issuing a parking charge.

I'm inclined to think here that as long as we refuse to identify that we were driving the car they may not be able to do fuck all about it.

• Upvote 1

Delroy isnt in the new ones. Got caught telling porkies about a previous record and got banished.

Elmor Victor is the South African one he seems decent. Stuart came up through the offices statred in Admin. Explains why he is a cunt got a bit of power.

I think Delroy was ill and was looking for a Kidney. It was the one that looks like Bubba Ray Dudley that got dunted.

Elmor Victor is the South African one he seems decent. Stuart came up through the offices statred in Admin. Explains why he is a cunt got a bit of power.

I think Delroy was ill and was looking for a Kidney. It was the one that looks like Bubba Ray Dudley that got dunted.

Delroy definitely got punted before his illness. Turned out he was a disgraced cop or something that got sacked.

The bubba Ray lookalike turned out to be a friend of that Levi Belfield. Dont know any other reason why he would have been punted.

Delroy definitely got punted before his illness. Turned out he was a disgraced cop or something that got sacked.

The bubba Ray lookalike turned out to be a friend of that Levi Belfield. Dont know any other reason why he would have been punted.

Didn’t know that about Delroy.

Fat Brian got taken to court for unpaid bathroom work of 5k that and being mates with Levi Belifeld properly dint help.

I always just pay. I get it - fuck cunts who ask for money for doing stuff slightly askew with their rules or whatever; but Id rather be 60 quid lighter than have several years of worry, and paranoia. Safe of self, safe of mind. Never panicking me; terrific haha

No money but.

Too right dad. The likes of £60 is back of the sofa amounts.

Was just reading a bit more about this and see that in Scotland and NI you can choose to ignore a parking notice. Private firms can only pursue the driver, not the registered owner of the car.

As we lease the car the parking charge was sent to ALD Automotive who I presume are the registered owners, and they in turn have notified us that Smart Parking will be issuing a parking charge.

I'm inclined to think here that as long as we refuse to identify that we were driving the car they may not be able to do fuck all about it.

I'd be careful, I've had a similar problem.

Your leasing company might pay on your behalf then send you a bill for it. Ignoring that comes pretty messy pretty quickly.

I'd be careful, I've had a similar problem.

Your leasing company might pay on your behalf then send you a bill for it. Ignoring that comes pretty messy pretty quickly.

Got the actual letter through from Smart Parking now. I want to fight it and say I paid what I believed was the correct amount. I paid for 3 hours but what I never took into account is they time you from point of entry to time of exit so I was in there 3 hours and 12 minutes. Part of that 12 minutes was speaking to the boy at the machine at start of night and obviously walk to and from the car. It's a fucking scam in that respect.

Also, if I do try and fight it or explain my case it effectively admits I was driving which I don't want to do according to stuff I have read online!

Got the actual letter through from Smart Parking now. I want to fight it and say I paid what I believed was the correct amount. I paid for 3 hours but what I never took into account is they time you from point of entry to time of exit so I was in there 3 hours and 12 minutes. Part of that 12 minutes was speaking to the boy at the machine at start of night and obviously walk to and from the car. It's a fucking scam in that respect.

Also, if I do try and fight it or explain my case it effectively admits I was driving which I don't want to do according to stuff I have read online!

As long as your leasing company doesn't pay it, just bin the letter.

If they pay it and then you dispute it, that's when problems start.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just gotten one of these through the post from parking eye....photos of my car over the 2 hours stay etc. Morrison's carpark from last Friday from being at pittodrie.

Just ignore? Wife's gan aff her heid :laughing:

Write to them requesting the photgraphic evidence as you are unsure who was driving. I got one for parking in Morrisons for over 3 hours last hun game at home. Wrote to them saying I was unsure who was driving as my wife and father in law are also insured to drive the car. Received a letter back saying my appeal was unsuccessful then following day another one saying the charge had been cancelled.

Write to them requesting the photgraphic evidence as you are unsure who was driving. I got one for parking in Morrisons for over 3 hours last hun game at home. Wrote to them saying I was unsure who was driving as my wife and father in law are also insured to drive the car. Received a letter back saying my appeal was unsuccessful then following day another one saying the charge had been cancelled.

I actually got this cancelled a few weeks ago. Appealed it saying the carpark is poorly signposted with the fine info and I wouldn't be paying it.

Got an email saying it was cancelled.

Bandits

• Upvote 1

Anybody know anything about how to deal with these companies that send you parking fines that seem a scam?

Was up in Perth a few fridays ago and parked in some multi storey. Got the ticket and then when we returned, paid the balance as per the length of time required. Barriers let us out with no issue.

Now had a letter saying due them £60. ALD Automotive are the company.

Sounds ropey to me - what justification does the letter give?

Edit - wonder if this link might help? Have ALD paid a fine and are trying to recover it from you?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5400963