Scott Wright

Guest milne_afc

Yip, McInnes' judgement on footballers should be dismissed out of hand. He and his band of crooks he's used to leverage himself into a job for life should get to fuck.

First team selection by online poll would be groundbreaking.

Yip, McInnes' judgement on footballers should be dismissed out of hand. He and his band of crooks he's used to leverage himself into a job for life should get to fuck.

First team selection by online poll would be groundbreaking.

That rang a bell

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/26/what-happened-to-myfootballclub-ebbsfleet-united

Turns out the pussies voted to let the manager choose each week

Guest the shepherd

A talented young player. Unfortunately we play horrific hoofball.

I'd imagine he'd thrive in an actual football team.

Fully agree. He'd thrive if played as a number 10 or part of a two upfront. His finishing ability reflects this. His finish against Chikhura was outstanding, whilst his through pass to Lewis Ferguson against Rovaniemi was excellent.

A talented young player. Unfortunately we play horrific hoofball.

I'd imagine he'd thrive in an actual football team.

I don't. If he struggles with the physicality of the football up here then he's going to find it ten times worse down there where the defenders are bigger, faster and even bulkier. 

Local lad that has loads of potential that has thus far been poorly managed in my opinion. Should have been put out on loan for a season or two at different teams earlier than he was. When he eventually went out on loan he was the best player in the Dundee team. That should have been his second season out on loan and we would have a very different player in our team. Spent three seasons on the bench waiting for McGinn to be dropped, only getting 5 or 10 minutes here and there. I think Derek is also failing to play him in his best position. He has the attributes to support the attack in the middle of midfield. A poor teams Maddison for want of a better description. Not saying he is as good as Maddison I am saying he could that type of player. He is never going to be a midfielder that is going to win any battles but I am sure he can develop into a direct, fast, attacking midfielder that chips in with his share of goals if used in the correct way.Difficult for this type of player to shine in a McInness team if I am being honest. Give him a run of games (5 or 6) in that attacking roll and let the wee man gain confidence and see where he goes from there. Lets face it we don't have that type of midfielder in the team and we are clearly not going to sign one this transfer window. Letting him go now would be a mistake.

Support the local lads rant over.  

Local lad that has loads of potential that has thus far been poorly managed in my opinion. Should have been put out on loan for a season or two at different teams earlier than he was. When he eventually went out on loan he was the best player in the Dundee team. That should have been his second season out on loan and we would have a very different player in our team. Spent three seasons on the bench waiting for McGinn to be dropped, only getting 5 or 10 minutes here and there. I think Derek is also failing to play him in his best position. He has the attributes to support the attack in the middle of midfield. A poor teams Maddison for want of a better description. Not saying he is as good as Maddison I am saying he could that type of player. He is never going to be a midfielder that is going to win any battles but I am sure he can develop into a direct, fast, attacking midfielder that chips in with his share of goals if used in the correct way.Difficult for this type of player to shine in a McInness team if I am being honest. Give him a run of games (5 or 6) in that attacking roll and let the wee man gain confidence and see where he goes from there. Lets face it we don't have that type of midfielder in the team and we are clearly not going to sign one this transfer window. Letting him go now would be a mistake.

NRT

NRT

Let me summarise

• Local lad warrants more time
  • Badly managed up until this point so we haven't seen his full potential.
  • Play in the middle and not out wide.
  • Should have been out on loan and coming back a confident young player when McGinn fucked off for greener grass.
  • Confidence player so needs 5 or 6 games in a row from the start.
  • If we let him go we will regret it.
Guest milne_afc

The local boys get too much criticism myth ius a load of shit.

If they're good enough, or not shit, they'll be treated fairly.

Wright is a fairy.

Let me summarise

• Local lad warrants more time
  • Badly managed up until this point so we haven't seen his full potential.
  • Play in the middle and not out wide.
  • Should have been out on loan and coming back a confident young player when McGinn fucked off for greener grass.
  • Confidence player so needs 5 or 6 games in a row from the start.
  • If we let him go we will regret it.

NRTE

https://www.modernfitba.com/blogs/2019/3/27/the-most-impactful-midfielders-in-the-scottish-premiership-this-season?rq=Scott%20Wright

The statistics actually show he is a lot more effective than some of you may think. And as many clubs are using statistics as part of recruitment strategies its actually not hard to see why clubs would be interested in Scott.

There is little doubt he has ability but the criticism many people have is he is too lightweight, His final ball delivery being poor and that he disappears in games.

Interested team are likely to look at him though and think they can improve him as he is still a young player. And if he can produce these stats whilst not being on top of his game and still having such potential to improve is what makes him an attractive proposition for buying clubs.

I reckon these clubs see D.M playing players out of position and failing to get the best out of them (Stewart prime example) and believe they can do a lot better hence recruiting via stats 

Ryan Jack apparently mixing a blend of controlling the midfield (which we all knew he could do in a team that’s got 90% of the ball) and making cutting forward passes.

I’m sorry? Ryan where’s he hiding this week Jack making forward passes? What the fucks that all about?

Another one to add to the questionable coaching list perhaps? Certainly Deek took three weeks to turn Ojo into the Jack I remember.

Local lad that has loads of potential that has thus far been poorly managed in my opinion. Should have been put out on loan for a season or two at different teams earlier than he was. When he eventually went out on loan he was the best player in the Dundee team. That should have been his second season out on loan and we would have a very different player in our team. Spent three seasons on the bench waiting for McGinn to be dropped, only getting 5 or 10 minutes here and there. I think Derek is also failing to play him in his best position. He has the attributes to support the attack in the middle of midfield. A poor teams Maddison for want of a better description. Not saying he is as good as Maddison I am saying he could that type of player. He is never going to be a midfielder that is going to win any battles but I am sure he can develop into a direct, fast, attacking midfielder that chips in with his share of goals if used in the correct way.Difficult for this type of player to shine in a McInness team if I am being honest. Give him a run of games (5 or 6) in that attacking roll and let the wee man gain confidence and see where he goes from there. Lets face it we don't have that type of midfielder in the team and we are clearly not going to sign one this transfer window. Letting him go now would be a mistake.

Total nonsense saying he was Dundee's best player.

• Downvote 1

'rant over'

MEGA

LOLZ

• Downvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...