League cup

Hopefully we put in a better performance than our last trip doon there ?

Gary Mcdonald equalised with pretty much the last touch of the game, McGhee in his post match interview said we'd beat them at Pittodrie. 

That turned out well ?‍♂️

Dinna think we've played them since? 

23 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Gary Mcdonald equalised with pretty much the last touch of the game, McGhee in his post match interview said we'd beat them at Pittodrie. 

Was down at this game, most notable things were a lad having a heart attack on the way back to the bus and Zander Diamond coming on to train at the end and getting an ovation. 

23 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

That's a decent draw and I am going to guess a Saturday 3pm so dare I say .... the away allocation tickets could be priced at £100 and start at 100 loyalty points. If aug 9th goes ahead and its not moved for tv then it will be a very popular one

Be the Sunday - 15th

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

You played us at the start of the following season in the league cup and won 3-2.

We're playing lots of tidy possession football, but lacking a cutting edge so far. 

7 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

You played us at the start of the following season in the league cup and won 3-2.

We're playing lots of tidy possession football, but lacking a cutting edge so far. 

Yous were a bit like that in spells last season. Decent team but would expect us to progress. 

8 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Do not recall that at all. Probably a good thing the way things were going at the time. 

The 1-1 Raith deserved to win, Dons were terrible. Was a good day out spoiled by the fitba was usual at the time. 

My home town team but have supported Dons all my life.

Have watched Raith v Dons twice at Starks Park. The first a league cup tie when, despite winning 3 or 4 nil, Rougvie managed to kick the ball out of each side of the ground, narrowly missing a passing train on one occasion. The second was the Gary McDonald game, when McGhee was increasingly speaking out of arse. Raith did deserve to win that day and got their reward in the replay.

We will not get beat this time around. Raith can be decent on their day but if we are prepared, on what will be a post Europe Sunday tie, we should be far too good on the day.

On 7/26/2021 at 12:17 PM, Woody21 said:

My home town team but have supported Dons all my life.

Have watched Raith v Dons twice at Starks Park. The first a league cup tie when, despite winning 3 or 4 nil, Rougvie managed to kick the ball out of each side of the ground, narrowly missing a passing train on one occasion. The second was the Gary McDonald game, when McGhee was increasingly speaking out of arse. Raith did deserve to win that day and got their reward in the replay.

We will not get beat this time around. Raith can be decent on their day but if we are prepared, on what will be a post Europe Sunday tie, we should be far too good on the day.

Was down at both Cup ties v Raith in the early 80s. Won both.Great wee stadium,full house and atmosphere for the Scottish cup tie if I mind right though

Another tricky game again with us not quite up to speed

• 2 weeks later...