David Goodwillie

Hopefully Goodwillie can find some form and confidence at County. He's far from 'shite'. Calvin Zola was shite, if you're looking for a benchmark for shite.

Will wait to see what Church is like before judging... Youtube videos notwithstanding... though if he's a current Welsh Internationalist then he can't be all that bad, surely.

Goodwillie will be missed when it comes to the European games. His talent certainly showed against Rijeka. Not sure he's suited to our usual style of play, or Scottish Football for that matter.

That said, no room for sympathy from me, seeing as he's signed to another team in the same league I hope he's just as shite as he is most weeks.

Celtic have strengthened, Huns are spending more than us, hearts are doing seven figure deals. Was good whilst it lasted. Dons min

Losing players like Goodwillie too, we'll soon be battling relegation with Thistle like the old days. No ambition.

I'd have said similar yesterday but take a step back and you will realise it's not that bad. losing ward is the only one that hurts in my opinion but he wasn't ours anyway.

Goodwillie will be missed when it comes to the European games. His talent certainly showed against Rijeka. Not sure he's suited to our usual style of play, or Scottish Football for that matter.

That said, no room for sympathy from me, seeing as he's signed to another team in the same league I hope he's just as shite as he is most weeks.

Yes I am sure we will really miss him when we fail to get through the qualifying rounds again

You can just tell from the lack of posts on this thread how much nobody gives a shite about Goodwillie. So much talent but he really was pish.

• Upvote 1

I think he'll do well if he gets a regular game for Ross County.

He's a good player, who suffered from never getting a consistent place in the team for Aberdeen.

I'm sorry to see him go, if he started the cup game at Hearts I think we may have had a different outcome.

He won't do well at all in my opinion.

He's a decent player who never got a consistent run in the team because he couldn't score in a brothel and because his attitude was questionable.

I'm not sorry to see him go and the outcome would more than likely been the same had he started against Hearts in the cup.

• Site Sponsor

I'm ambivalent on Goodies departure.

Would have been happy enough to see him stay but perhaps the Loon needs to move to spark his career (again!).

For me, Goodwillie is running out of time (and moves) to recapture the form he had years ago.

No longer a young Loon with a bright future - last chance saloon for him and I fear he'll drift away into obscurity next season.

I was always waiting for Goodie to burst into life in his time here but apart from fleeting glimpses (mostly in the Euro games), he's nae really proved that he has recaptured the spark.

Like KSL says, there's only so long a club like Aberdeen can wait for him to spark into life.

Good luck to the Loon though and hope he has a decent run at County - especially when they play the Minkers!

• Upvote 1

I'm ambivalent on Goodies departure.

Would have been happy enough to see him stay but perhaps the Loon needs to move to spark his career (again!).

For me, Goodwillie is running out of time (and moves) to recapture the form he had years ago.

No longer a young Loon with a bright future - last chance saloon for him and I fear he'll drift away into obscurity next season.

I was always waiting for Goodie to burst into life in his time here but apart from fleeting glimpses (mostly in the Euro games), he's nae really proved that he has recaptured the spark.

Like KSL says, there's only so long a club like Aberdeen can wait for him to spark into life.

Good luck to the Loon though and hope he has a decent run at County - especially when they play the Minkers!

Aye amen to that, Dom. Doubt he will ever regain that goalscoring touch he once had but all he best to him.