Our Away Support

The team doesn’t deserve a support. Never got near tynecastle yesterday and it was euphoric not having to deal or be around arseholes and have to suffer the incompetence and cowardice of the shed window faced prick in the dugout.

So. I'm sitting there thinking...fit???

His fat fisogue is covered in cobwebs, spiders etc due to that affront of a beard. I imagine it’s like Janice Porter’s crotch,

Oh. I see.

:hysterical:

Vividly remember being at Ibrox with McGhee after losing 9-0 the week before, and the 500 there were blootered and sung almost the entire game. I have no idea what the score or how entertaining the team was.

I was there that day. The atmosphere in our end was absolute shite and people were leaving at half-time as we were 2-0 down - would have been three had Langfield not saved a penalty - and no-one wanted to see a repeat of the previous week.

I remember that day well as one of the Ullevi Dons/Gothenburg Reds stalwarts had a heart attack or something in the Dons end, and as he was being wheeled away on a stretcher the home support saw fit to pelt him with missiles. Classy bunch.

• Upvote 1

Our support, like our club, has become bland as shit though. I imagine that's what AberDNA types are.

I didn't. I assume when people band about things like "the DNAs" they're referring to the boring support rather than monthly contributors. 

Well, breaking it down, the away support is full of AberDNA members and they don’t sing.

Vividly remember being at Ibrox with McGhee after losing 9-0 the week before, and the 500 there were blootered and sung almost the entire game. I have no idea what the score or how entertaining the team was.

So "bland" and "boring" is being pissed off with our team playing shite, but a good away support is being pished and singing when getting thumped by our biggest rivals? So you want our support to resemble the Tartan Army basically? ie be a bunch of happy clappers?

Hopefully everyone wears a kilt and glengarry to Hampden next week then. 

• Upvote 1

Maybe being away from it in Oz you don’t get the DNA thing SOTR. For a start our 2 main board members are worth over a billion pounds yet expect folk to contribute a monthly fee to help with players and none of that income is clearly shown where it’s spent. None of the DNA superfans get any shares in the club. Any board director gets shares when they provide money to the club

At away games it’s full of muppets wearing DNA badges sitting in their arses either talking about fucking loyalty points or telling our own fans to stop singing certain songs then grassing in our fans to stewards.

If you don’t have a replica top (shock no adult should really wear) cunts say things like, where’s your strip. This actually happened to me at Dens this season. I’ve been watching the dons since 79 and never felt the need to wear a strip as o know who I support.

Overall the club want the shit fans who don’t sing and are happy to agree with that cunt Stewartys thoughts that we are little and should be happy getting to semi every few years.

You’d be shocked seeing they type of arsehole taking all the away tickets now due to loyalty points for DNA

Maybe so... but I doubt every DNA fans falls into that bracket. I'll see for myself next week, as I'm heading back to Aberdeen in a few days for a wedding.  So I'll be at the Hamilton game.

Was seriously thinking about jumping on a train after the wedding and heading down to Glasgow for the semi, but that gutless shite yesterday has really pissed me off.

I see AberDNA and RedTV as my donation to help support the club, as I can't make it every week.  I am happy to donate to the club, without expecting something in return... but I am no happy clapper - I have had a gut full of Mcfearty.  I am still absolutely raging today.  I just think that DNA could become such a vital source of regular revenue, if kept up in the future.

I was there that day. The atmosphere in our end was absolute shite and people were leaving at half-time as we were 2-0 down - would have been three had Langfield not saved a penalty - and no-one wanted to see a repeat of the previous week.

I remember that day well as one of the Ullevi Dons/Gothenburg Reds stalwarts had a heart attack or something in the Dons end, and as he was being wheeled away on a stretcher the home support saw fit to pelt him with missiles. Classy bunch.

That’s just not true unless you were standing off on your own somewhere. There would have been periods of standing like cunts after conceding as always and that was it. Still singing after the game. Our train ran over a hun at Perth and he lost his arm (fake news, was at the 2-0 in 2011)

First game back at Ibrox I watched the whole game and the songs barely got going from the first whistle.

That’s just not true unless you were standing off on your own somewhere. There would have been periods of standing like cunts after conceding as always and that was it. Still singing after the game. Our train ran over a hun at Perth and he lost his arm.

First game back at Ibrox I watched the whole game and the songs barely got going from the first whistle.

You said you were that drunk you couldn't remember the game or score. Therefore your account of the day doesn't have much credence.

Utter Pish.

A more entertaining team to watch may encourage the loosening of the vocal chords.

Fuck all to do with people who choose to support the club with a monthly donation.

What a load of shite. We've been good at various times over the past few seasons, in particular and it hasn't made a fuck of difference to the boring zombies at our games.

The club even designated a couple of rows in the merkland as a singing section.

How badly does that actually reflect on the fans?

Our home support is full of boring mongs.

What a load of shite. We've been good at various times over the past few seasons, in particular and it hasn't made a fuck of difference to the boring zombies at our games.

Correct

Once again, no I didn’t. 

Like I said, you can't even remember the day yet are telling me you remember how it all went.

So if our support has been full of boring mongs for years then fans paying monthly into a DNA fund which is just a new idea, has fuck all therefore to do with people not singing.

• Upvote 1

And what exactly are "AberDNA types"?

I think, from what I've been reading on here recently, that they are a entirely new group of fans that we have at Aberdeen now. Probably due to mass immigration or something.

It seems that they weren't attending games previous to the AberDNA launch. They now attend regularly, home and away games and don't sing enough or create any atmosphere. This makes our support, although much, much larger now, very quiet and not very supportive.

I think, from what I've been reading on here recently, that they are a entirely new group of fans that we have at Aberdeen now. Probably due to mass immigration or something.

It seems that they weren't attending games previous to the AberDNA launch. They now attend regularly, home and away games and don't sing enough or create any atmosphere. This makes our support, although much, much larger now, very quiet and not very supportive.

Fuck me. Mods, just delete my account. 

By some people’s logic the quietest crowds we would have had were under McGhee? This alleged correlation between fans singing more if we are playing good football is nonsense.

The point I was making wasn't about the quality of the football, it was more about the entertainment value. We are turgid pish to watch at the moment. Watching Shinnie, Shay and Considine trading passes in our own half followed by an aimless punt up the park only to predictably lose possession is going to inspire no-one.

I lived in Edinburgh between '95 and '08 so pretty much all my attendance was at away games. I remember my United supporting flatmate coming along to both Easter Road and Tynecastle one season (1998, the season Hibs went down I think) and being full of praise for the noise and wit of our support. And we were fucking shite, but never boring, for that entire period.

So if our support has been full of boring mongs for years then fans paying monthly into a DNA fund which is just a new idea, has fuck all therefore to do with people not singing.

Aye but that's not what you were saying. You were saying that it takes good football and entertainment to get folk singing.

That is shite as I pointed out earlier, it makes no difference at home.

There's certainly a new group of fans collectively and individually who only popped on the scene when McHunnis came in.

• Upvote 2

It is a tricky one, flirting with the Huns I think has turned a lot of folk against him but he opted for us at the end of the day.

He definetly has his faults, big games etc but by fuck some of the fucking horrendous shit we had to endure before he came should give him a stay of execution.

And if not who the fuck would we go for?