The Sfa & Spfl Are Fucking Shite Thread

Running a football league is simple. Make it fair and make sure no crooks take hold of clubs. You know. Like convicted tax cheats...

I vote for the Pudgie Impartial Scottish Soccer League PISSL (like a bulgul min)

What crimes have they committed?

Come on Moobs, don't let your dislike of Tup blind you from their complicity ;)

Those two cunts will never play in England. For a start the police would not stand for it. Why would they let the pollution they bring to Scotland spread across the rest of the island.

UEFA cup final in Manchester opened England's eyes to the behaviour of the scumbags ensuring they'll NEVER get invited, nae luck fuckos

Rangers need to be strong next season as Celtic winning the Treble would be boring says SFA president Alan McRae.

They’ll know you need to have other people challenging otherwise it will get boring and dreary. We definitely need a good, strong Rangers.

I am sure you will do everything in your power to see ​this happens.

:happy:

Rangers need to be strong next season as Celtic winning the Treble would be boring says SFA president Alan McRae.

They’ll know you need to have other people challenging otherwise it will get boring and dreary. We definitely need a good, strong Rangers.

I am sure you will do everything in your power to see ​this happens.

20 past 8 in the morning, a Sunday morning and you're on here preaching yet again about the huns. What an absolute affront you are. Really. If you have more than 1 good pal I'm astounded.

Don't have an issue with "the challenge" thing. Typical Hun media. Macrae says "needs a challenge from everyone, including the Hun". It's obviously the DR who then distort that into their click bait headline.

That top two comment is a different bundle of kippers though! Mantle definitely slips there. Not "top 4" (as Euro qualifiers would imply) not the obvious "top teams or clubs." But top 2? Cunt.

Don't have an issue with "the challenge" thing. Typical Hun media. Macrae says "needs a challenge from everyone, including the Hun". It's obviously the DR who then distort that into their click bait headline.

That top two comment is a different bundle of kippers though! Mantle definitely slips there. Not "top 4" (as Euro qualifiers would imply) not the obvious "top teams or clubs." But top 2? Cunt.

It exactly sums up everything that is wrong with Scottish Football. These dicks don't want a monopoly but think a 20 year duopoly is just great.

The gap between Celtic and the rest of the clubs is completely ignored, only the gap between Celtic and Ranger matters to these pricks.

Shower of absolute narrow minded self serving cunts.

• Upvote 2

It exactly sums up everything that is wrong with Scottish Football. These dicks don't want a monopoly but think a 20 year duopoly is just great.

The gap between Celtic and the rest of the clubs is completely ignored, only the gap between Celtic and Ranger matters to these pricks.

Shower of absolute narrow minded self serving cunts.

Correct.

Aberdeen must put up a challenge to Celtic in the cup competitions again next season and get the second spot.

All the media pundits will be spouting the usual shit about Sevco but this next season is very important for Aberdeen.

A 20 year duopoly is fine if it's built on merit. When it turns out it is created by nefarious methods and, separately, when it implodes on itself, we apparently move heaven and earth to recreate it with the inevitable distortion to the game and crucially the fan bases that that involves then you see corruption at its most blatant.

If George Yule wonders why his STs are low look no further than that "2 clubs" statement. He should be in the press tomorrow with an open letter laced with sarcasm asking why St J and Sevco don't merit Macrae's equal support.

Does the boy think we don't notice this shit?

England have a smashin big ground because you and me paid for it, actually there are two huge fkn stadiums in London we helped pay for.

Both the Welsh & the Irish FA's share their ground with their RFU's, whether that is mutually beneficial to the SRFU & the gypes at the SFA probably has not even been considered.

In saying that though the SFA think Glasgow is the home of football thus a move in Edinburgh not on the cards. Using Celtic Park and the other one in Glasgow is how it will pan out no doubt. So many opportunities missed with Hampden but that sums up everything with Scotland

Abandoning Hampden and using other grounds would be fine IF I could trust the SFA (I can't) not to swing this to favour certain clubs in some way.

I'd only accept it if they wrote something into the SFA "constitution" to alternate the Scottish Cup final between Murrayfield and A. N. Other glasgow stadium year to year. With Scotland games also categorised by "size" and spread evenly between a list of suitable stadiums (eg Celtic Park, Murrayfield, Easter Road).

Unfortunately Pittodrie really doesn't deserve any of these games IMO, but if we build a modern stadium or properly redevelop Pittodrie then I'd expect is to be on those lists as well.

Abandoning Hampden and using other grounds would be fine IF I could trust the SFA (I can't) not to swing this to favour certain clubs in some way.

I'd only accept it if they wrote something into the SFA "constitution" to alternate the Scottish Cup final between Murrayfield and A. N. Other glasgow stadium year to year. With Scotland games also categorised by "size" and spread evenly between a list of suitable stadiums (eg Celtic Park, Murrayfield, Easter Road).

Unfortunately Pittodrie really doesn't deserve any of these games IMO, but if we build a modern stadium or properly redevelop Pittodrie then I'd expect is to be on those lists as well.

Pittodrie usually sells out for Scotland matches so definitely deserves internationals. run down stadium yes, but a full house rather than a quarter filled Hampden is a no brainer

I see they're pushing the Colts teams idea again? This is bollocks, just designed to get the Glasgow two extra teams and derbies in competitive matches before they try and duck off to some other 'deserving' league. I think it would be a better to have bigger clubs having tie ins with smaller clubs, would help strengthen smaller clubs and maybe reduce their costs while boosting gates? All the time giving younger players and maybe fringe/returning from injury players competitive matches. Let's call it a progression from the loan system?

Maybe a new thread to discuss pros & cons.....

• 3 months later...

The Scottish Professional Football League says it cannot take forward an "effective independent review" into the handling of Rangers' EBT use

Both governing bodies had to be in agreement over a review, the SPFL said.

SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan said: "The SPFL board has been clear that any meaningful review would have had to be carried out in association with the Scottish FA and with the full and active co-operation of both organisations.

"The SPFL board has therefore concluded that it cannot, by itself, take forward an effective independent review."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41350713

That's that then.

Time to move on .

What is the point of the SFA and the SPFL being two separate bodies when both have to agree before any action is taken.

The Scottish Professional Football League says it cannot take forward an "effective independent review" into the handling of Rangers' EBT use

Both governing bodies had to be in agreement over a review, the SPFL said.

SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan said: "The SPFL board has been clear that any meaningful review would have had to be carried out in association with the Scottish FA and with the full and active co-operation of both organisations.

"The SPFL board has therefore concluded that it cannot, by itself, take forward an effective independent review."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41350713

That's that then.

Time to move on .

What is the point of the SFA and the SPFL being two separate bodies when both have to agree before any action is taken.

Seems to be so they don't have to take any action.

Quite clever in a 'so bad it can't be true' type way.