St Johnstone 1 - 1 Aberdeen

Hoban is actually a miss although we hardly saw anything of him I get the feeling he'd have been a regular.

Wright a little bit of a miss.

Wilson we really need not just fit but quickly on form and scoring goals. This team really fucking needs some goals. Our season could hang on this guy now, we can't afford him to be a failure.

Ross- if he was fit why wasn't he on he bench at least, likely players do we can use that.

Devlin of course will come right back in.

@@Dad, you are absolutely banned from latching onto anymore favourite players. Just keep Forrester, he's yours now, well get by without him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hoban is actually a miss although we hardly saw anything of him I get the feeling he'd have been a regular.

Wright a little bit of a miss.

Wilson we really need not just fit but quickly on form and scoring goals. This team really fucking needs some goals. Our season could hang on this guy now, we can't afford him to be a failure.

Ross- if he was fit why wasn't he on he bench at least, likely players do we can use that.

Devlin of course will come right back in.

@@Dad, you are absolutely banned from latching onto anymore favourite players. Just keep Forrester, he's yours now, well get by without him.

Maybe Dad could start saying positive things about our opponents and put his deadly hex on them instead?

Second half was a big improvement, but the first was so bad that unfortunately that’s not really saying much. Whilst we might have created a few chances in the decent spell between halftime and the equaliser, they were either half-chances, or they fell to the wrong guy. The one exception being Cosgrove’s header; a good striker buries those. QED.

Someone pointed out at the game that we are essentially set-up like a team that’s meant to be playing with two up front; lots of width, getting it wide early and often, etc etc. Yet we play mostly with one up top. It’s just so nonsensical.

Nae lookin like a good season. Been a slow decline or is it just that McInnes got an easy run with no Hibs huns Hearts etc to challenge us. Now that they're all back to roughly where you'd expect we are sliding quite badly. Think it's fair to say we've seen this coming.

McInnes has had the easiest run of seasons any Aberdeen manager could have wished for during his tenure.

Credit to him for basically achieving what you would expect in that time in the league but he has been far from any kind of messiah.

If it wasn't for Hearts failed experiment in Cathro & Huns joke Pedro & Hibs delayed climb back up, not to mention Utd's complete disappearance. McInnes would have had a much tougher challenge for second long before he did. Levein may be a basic old school physical based manager but he gets the job done at this level even if it's not pretty.

I would never want Levein at Aberdeen but he gets the job done at this level & at least he gets fight/balls/backbone & a siege type mentality from his players Even if it's not pretty. Hearts should have appointed him as manager long before they did. He is PERFECTLY suited for them.

McInnes is a fkn fraud & I will never stop repeating this until the fkr is gone.

My biggest gripe with him this season though is his use (or lack of use) of Anderson when May has been so fkn poor. He is stubbornly ( as fkn usual) trying to justify the May signing by playing him even when shite. Just fkn admit May has been a failed shot in the dark & waste of money & fkn work with Anderson. A player FAR more deserving of a start this season than ANY of our strikers.

McInnes does speak well in the media though ;)

• Upvote 2

hun dmc refuses to admit mistakes.

plays that May cunt, looks more suited to playing on a games console and wanking off whilst eating quavers.

cosgrove. collin. tate, daniels, wylde, tansey, the list is long.

nae doubt plenty of you cunts will refuse to see he has done what any half competent manager wouldve done in the circumstances and want the man to plough on

• Upvote 1

Wonder how much Forrester cost?

Yet another poor transfer window by McInnes. How many more is he going to get?

Todays match really highlighted McInnes' shortcomings... he keeps signing players will poor injury histories and today we had to fill the bench with youngsters!  Could really have done with Hoban and Wilson today!

Early days, but Forrester looks well out of his depth.  Gleeson, I can't make my mind up... sometimes looks neat and tidy, but I'm not sure he's got much more?  Looks like a budget version of Ryan Jack at the moment...

Todays match really highlighted McInnes' shortcomings... he keeps signing players will poor injury histories and today we had to fill the bench with youngsters! Could really have done with Hoban and Wilson today!

Early days, but Forrester looks well out of his depth. Gleeson, I can't make my mind up... sometimes looks neat and tidy, but I'm not sure he's got much more? Looks like a budget version of Ryan Jack at the moment...

It is very strange, not sure why gleeson keeps getting taken off as he seems OK to me but is he any better than ball?

I really hope come end of season someone is quoting me about this, to mock me, but forrester looks absolutely shite.

More infighting?

Saw a very odd tweet where someone was calling out someone for asking for security. They posted a pic of a guy who seemed to be with his mum and were saying it's same guy who was doing it at Dundee.

Seemed fairly uneventful from where I was. I think the mundane football is killing the atmosphere.

Watched game on BBC Alba. 1st half was abysmal nothing more to say. 2nd half was huge improvement. GMS and McGinn got more involved. Cosgrove did well when he came on too. Holds the ball up well but that’s about it. I see what people mean about Gleeson. He’s a decent player always finding his pass. He just doesn’t have that drive to close opponents down quickly or create quick breaks which is why he got hooked for Ball who can make yards with the ball. No doubt scoring goals is a big problem. DM has to find a system that works fast and take adavantage of all the set piece opportunities we’ve had a date. Several corners but no goals. On a bright note I think the boy Lowe at left back looks decent. Next home match is a must win.

It is very strange, not sure why gleeson keeps getting taken off as he seems OK to me but is he any better than ball?

I really hope come end of season someone is quoting me about this, to mock me, but forrester looks absolutely shite.

Called it immediately upon seeing him. I didnt see how he would fit into a DM team as regardless of whether he is any good or not he cant seem to get around the pitch.

McInnes has had the easiest run of seasons any Aberdeen manager could have wished for during his tenure.

Credit to him for basically achieving what you would expect in that time in the league but he has been far from any kind of messiah.

If it wasn't for Hearts failed experiment in Cathro & Huns joke Pedro & Hibs delayed climb back up, not to mention Utd's complete disappearance. McInnes would have had a much tougher challenge for second long before he did. Levein may be a basic old school physical based manager but he gets the job done at this level even if it's not pretty.

I would never want Levein at Aberdeen but he gets the job done at this level & at least he gets fight/balls/backbone & a siege type mentality from his players Even if it's not pretty. Hearts should have appointed him as manager long before they did. He is PERFECTLY suited for them.

McInnes is a fkn fraud & I will never stop repeating this until the fkr is gone.

My biggest gripe with him this season though is his use (or lack of use) of Anderson when May has been so fkn poor. He is stubbornly ( as fkn usual) trying to justify the May signing by playing him even when shite. Just fkn admit May has been a failed shot in the dark & waste of money & fkn work with Anderson. A player FAR more deserving of a start this season than ANY of our strikers.

McInnes does speak well in the media though ;)

Some of your points about McInnes are valid enough. He has made us more professional in how we operate as a club but you're right he's certainly no messiah. He has his faults and is far from perfect but no manager is at our level is that's why they are here. Every manager has a shelf life at a club and it could well be that McInnes is reaching that point here. But to compare him to Levein and say that CL is somehow perfect for Hearts? Come on behave yourself they have had better managers than CL over the last 20 odd years ones that have won trophies and split the old firm.

Levein has never won anything as a manager or a player. He's managed Hearts for over 5 full seasons now in his two stints and his record (2x 3rd place finishes, 2x 5th place finishes and a 6th place finish) whilst decent and relatively consistent is nothing to get excited about. For someone who, as you put it, creates a team with a siege mentality and balls his record as Hearts manager against the old firm makes for pretty grim reading. He has a sole away victory at Ibrox and has never triumphed at Parkhead. And his Hearts sides have been on the end of many hammerings from both of the ugly sisters. As Hearts manager he has twice been emphatically knocked out of the Scottish Cup by lower league opposition (3-1 at home to ICT and 4-0 away to Falkirk). He was also in the Hearts dugout when they lost 6-1 at Motherwell and 6-2 at Hibs. Also knocked out of the League Cup by lower league opposition (Ross County). In all his time at Hearts to date the best he has done in either of the domestic cups is one League Cup semi-final defeat. He has never taken them to a Scottish Cup semi-final. McInnes would have been absolutely hammered by AFC fans if his cup record was as poor as Levein's. Thankfully it isn't. Calderwood lost his job despite having a better overall cup record than Levein has at Hearts. CL record at Hearts doesn't particularly strike me as one of someone who "gets the job done" at this level as you have suggested. Even at Dundee United the highest he finished was 5th (he never finished above AFC as United manager).

Hearts do look like they will be a handful this season and are (as you'd expect from a CL team) physical. But let's see where they are in the league with 10 games to go when it truly matters. They have certainly carried a bit of luck to date with a couple of dubious red card decisions going in their favour and playing a much weakened Celtic team at home who had their eye on a far bigger game 3 days later. But to be fair to them they have easily the player of the season so far in their ranks (Naismith).

If Hearts are still up there in the mix with 10 games to go then I'll give Levein all the credit in the world. But until then for me he remains a manager with just as many questions over him as any other manager in our league. By late last season many Hearts fans wanted him gone.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1