#362 OFFLINE   baconman

baconman

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Joined 16-December 06

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:23 AM

Watched game on BBC Alba. 1st half was abysmal nothing more to say. 2nd half was huge improvement. GMS and McGinn got more involved. Cosgrove did well when he came on too. Holds the ball up well but that’s about it. I see what people mean about Gleeson. He’s a decent player always finding his pass. He just doesn’t have that drive to close opponents down quickly or create quick breaks which is why he got hooked for Ball who can make yards with the ball. No doubt scoring goals is a big problem. DM has to find a system that works fast and take adavantage of all the set piece opportunities we’ve had a date. Several corners but no goals. On a bright note I think the boy Lowe at left back looks decent. Next home match is a must win.

#363 OFFLINE   Big Hat Logan

Big Hat Logan

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Joined 11-April 17

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:37 AM

direct from someone who has a relation on the playing staff, we are not paying any of his wages.

Just like when McInnes was going to Sunderland/Rangers aye?

Stick to making shite fences.

#364 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,730 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:38 AM

Aye ^ Lowe looked very good going forward with McGinn; also a decent knack of closing down folk rapidly and giving them fuck all time on the ball (his booking was the one time he mistimed things).

By fuck we are missing a no 10 badly though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dads Weekly Treble - Season 2018-19 Tracker 
Won: 1 
Lost: 15 (4 Guest) 
Amount Spent: £80.00 
Amount Won: £55.55

The First Official Dads Weekly Treble Winning Treble

DWT121018 (Portsmouth, Exeter City, MK Dons)

DRS5 as always people - frustration at the amount won, is better than the heartache at the amount lost. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come On Guys - We Can Do This

#365 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 15,757 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:00 AM

It is very strange, not sure why gleeson keeps getting taken off as he seems OK to me but is he any better than ball?

I really hope come end of season someone is quoting me about this, to mock me, but forrester looks absolutely shite.

Called it immediately upon seeing him. I didnt see how he would fit into a DM team as regardless of whether he is any good or not he cant seem to get around the pitch.

COYR!

#366 OFFLINE   alscotoz

alscotoz

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,652 posts
  • Joined 05-August 11

Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:15 AM

Aye ^ Lowe looked very good going forward with McGinn; also a decent knack of closing down folk rapidly and giving them fuck all time on the ball (his booking was the one time he mistimed things).

By fuck we are missing a no 10 badly though.

You're not jumping on Lowe's bandwagon, are you?  :crossfingers:

Never argue with an I D I O T . They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#367 OFFLINE   alscotoz

alscotoz

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,652 posts
  • Joined 05-August 11

Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:16 AM

Why oh why oh why can't Anderson get a start?

Never argue with an I D I O T . They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#368 OFFLINE   Shinniesta

Shinniesta

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts
  • Joined 10-March 17

Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:25 AM

McInnes has had the easiest run of seasons any Aberdeen manager could have wished for during his tenure.
Credit to him for basically achieving what you would expect in that time in the league but he has been far from any kind of messiah.
If it wasn't for Hearts failed experiment in Cathro & Huns joke Pedro & Hibs delayed climb back up, not to mention Utd's complete disappearance. McInnes would have had a much tougher challenge for second long before he did. Levein may be a basic old school physical based manager but he gets the job done at this level even if it's not pretty.
I would never want Levein at Aberdeen but he gets the job done at this level & at least he gets fight/balls/backbone & a siege type mentality from his players Even if it's not pretty. Hearts should have appointed him as manager long before they did. He is PERFECTLY suited for them.

McInnes is a fkn fraud & I will never stop repeating this until the fkr is gone.
My biggest gripe with him this season though is his use (or lack of use) of Anderson when May has been so fkn poor. He is stubbornly ( as fkn usual) trying to justify the May signing by playing him even when shite. Just fkn admit May has been a failed shot in the dark & waste of money & fkn work with Anderson. A player FAR more deserving of a start this season than ANY of our strikers.

McInnes does speak well in the media though ;)

Some of your points about McInnes are valid enough. He has made us more professional in how we operate as a club but you're right he's certainly no messiah. He has his faults and is far from perfect but no manager is at our level is that's why they are here. Every manager has a shelf life at a club and it could well be that McInnes is reaching that point here. But to compare him to Levein and say that CL is somehow perfect for Hearts? Come on behave yourself they have had better managers than CL over the last 20 odd years ones that have won trophies and split the old firm.

Levein has never won anything as a manager or a player. He's managed Hearts for over 5 full seasons now in his two stints and his record (2x 3rd place finishes, 2x 5th place finishes and a 6th place finish) whilst decent and relatively consistent is nothing to get excited about. For someone who, as you put it, creates a team with a siege mentality and balls his record as Hearts manager against the old firm makes for pretty grim reading. He has a sole away victory at Ibrox and has never triumphed at Parkhead. And his Hearts sides have been on the end of many hammerings from both of the ugly sisters. As Hearts manager he has twice been emphatically knocked out of the Scottish Cup by lower league opposition (3-1 at home to ICT and 4-0 away to Falkirk). He was also in the Hearts dugout when they lost 6-1 at Motherwell and 6-2 at Hibs. Also knocked out of the League Cup by lower league opposition (Ross County). In all his time at Hearts to date the best he has done in either of the domestic cups is one League Cup semi-final defeat. He has never taken them to a Scottish Cup semi-final. McInnes would have been absolutely hammered by AFC fans if his cup record was as poor as Levein's. Thankfully it isn't. Calderwood lost his job despite having a better overall cup record than Levein has at Hearts. CL record at Hearts doesn't particularly strike me as one of someone who "gets the job done" at this level as you have suggested. Even at Dundee United the highest he finished was 5th (he never finished above AFC as United manager).

Hearts do look like they will be a handful this season and are (as you'd expect from a CL team) physical. But let's see where they are in the league with 10 games to go when it truly matters. They have certainly carried a bit of luck to date with a couple of dubious red card decisions going in their favour and playing a much weakened Celtic team at home who had their eye on a far bigger game 3 days later. But to be fair to them they have easily the player of the season so far in their ranks (Naismith).

If Hearts are still up there in the mix with 10 games to go then I'll give Levein all the credit in the world. But until then for me he remains a manager with just as many questions over him as any other manager in our league. By late last season many Hearts fans wanted him gone.

#369 ONLINE   Don Fonte

Don Fonte

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts
  • Joined 27-March 14

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:07 AM

Watched game on BBC Alba. 1st half was abysmal nothing more to say. 2nd half was huge improvement. GMS and McGinn got more involved. Cosgrove did well when he came on too. Holds the ball up well but that’s about it. I see what people mean about Gleeson. He’s a decent player always finding his pass. He just doesn’t have that drive to close opponents down quickly or create quick breaks which is why he got hooked for Ball who can make yards with the ball. No doubt scoring goals is a big problem. DM has to find a system that works fast and take adavantage of all the set piece opportunities we’ve had a date. Several corners but no goals. On a bright note I think the boy Lowe at left back looks decent. Next home match is a must win.

Define must win?

#370 ONLINE   Don Fonte

Don Fonte

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts
  • Joined 27-March 14

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:09 AM

Some of your points about McInnes are valid enough. He has made us more professional in how we operate as a club but you're right he's certainly no messiah. He has his faults and is far from perfect but no manager is at our level is that's why they are here. Every manager has a shelf life at a club and it could well be that McInnes is reaching that point here. But to compare him to Levein and say that CL is somehow perfect for Hearts? Come on behave yourself they have had better managers than CL over the last 20 odd years ones that have won trophies and split the old firm.

Levein has never won anything as a manager or a player. He's managed Hearts for over 5 full seasons now in his two stints and his record (2x 3rd place finishes, 2x 5th place finishes and a 6th place finish) whilst decent and relatively consistent is nothing to get excited about. For someone who, as you put it, creates a team with a siege mentality and balls his record as Hearts manager against the old firm makes for pretty grim reading. He has a sole away victory at Ibrox and has never triumphed at Parkhead. And his Hearts sides have been on the end of many hammerings from both of the ugly sisters. As Hearts manager he has twice been emphatically knocked out of the Scottish Cup by lower league opposition (3-1 at home to ICT and 4-0 away to Falkirk). He was also in the Hearts dugout when they lost 6-1 at Motherwell and 6-2 at Hibs. Also knocked out of the League Cup by lower league opposition (Ross County). In all his time at Hearts to date the best he has done in either of the domestic cups is one League Cup semi-final defeat. He has never taken them to a Scottish Cup semi-final. McInnes would have been absolutely hammered by AFC fans if his cup record was as poor as Levein's. Thankfully it isn't. Calderwood lost his job despite having a better overall cup record than Levein has at Hearts. CL record at Hearts doesn't particularly strike me as one of someone who "gets the job done" at this level as you have suggested. Even at Dundee United the highest he finished was 5th (he never finished above AFC as United manager).

Hearts do look like they will be a handful this season and are (as you'd expect from a CL team) physical. But let's see where they are in the league with 10 games to go when it truly matters. They have certainly carried a bit of luck to date with a couple of dubious red card decisions going in their favour and playing a much weakened Celtic team at home who had their eye on a far bigger game 3 days later. But to be fair to them they have easily the player of the season so far in their ranks (Naismith).

If Hearts are still up there in the mix with 10 games to go then I'll give Levein all the credit in the world. But until then for me he remains a manager with just as many questions over him as any other manager in our league. By late last season many Hearts fans wanted him gone.

Not sure on your argument tbh. You need to go into more detail.

#371 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • 10,730 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:14 AM

Why oh why oh why can't Anderson get a start?

I tell you son - if he isn't in for May next week against well, there's something far wrong. Immediately looked sharper, quicker and more footballer-ee than young Steven within seconds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DRS5 as always people - frustration at the amount won, is better than the heartache at the amount lost. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#372 OFFLINE   Sheepo

Sheepo

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Joined 20-July 17

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:08 AM

I tell you son - if he isn't in for May next week against well, there's something far wrong. Immediately looked sharper, quicker and more footballer-ee than young Steven within seconds.

Cosgrove will start next week which is typical Mcinnes

#373 OFFLINE   cruzcampo3

cruzcampo3

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts
  • Joined 03-December 14

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:10 AM

That’s May starting next week then

Ally Begg and The 2014 fans are killing this club

#374 OFFLINE   DelMonte

DelMonte

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:12 AM

Cosgrove will start next week which is typical Mcinnes

Played the best out our strikers yesterday in all fairness.

#375 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • 10,730 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:26 AM

Cozzer and Ando both start next week. The perfect combo.

#376 OFFLINE   maryhilldon

maryhilldon

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts
  • Joined 18-January 16

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:34 AM

No pie report. Queues were stupid long. I can’t imagine they’d have been better than the ones at Pittodrie anyway. Went into that match assuming we’d win. Stupid me.

Steak pie was lovely, worth the wait.

#377 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 31,219 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:39 PM

The guy has been coasting it for too long whilst the decline on the pitch in the last 2/3 years has been obvious. Something has to give.

Yeah, second behind a team with 30m is not acceptable

#378 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 31,219 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:40 PM

Nae lookin like a good season. Been a slow decline or is it just that McInnes got an easy run with no Hibs huns Hearts etc to challenge us. Now that they're all back to roughly where you'd expect we are sliding quite badly.

Were they not there last season no?

#379 ONLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 24,869 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:42 PM

Were they not there last season no?

Come on Cesc, second place last season papered over the cracks, our record against top 6 teams was disgraceful and that includes the result against Celtic in a match that ended up fucking us.

A sad sad post-teen

#380 OFFLINE   cruzcampo3

cruzcampo3

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts
  • Joined 03-December 14

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:52 PM

Yeah, second behind a team with 30m is not acceptable

If he was an Aberdonian you’d be screaming for his head

Ally Begg and The 2014 fans are killing this club

#381 ONLINE   Zander1903

Zander1903

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Joined 08-February 14

Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:01 PM

Cozzer and Ando both start next week. The perfect combo.

May it is then

#382 OFFLINE   Reed or deed

Reed or deed

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Joined 23-September 15

Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:54 PM

hun dmc refuses to admit mistakes.
plays that May cunt, looks more suited to playing on a games console and wanking off whilst eating quavers.
cosgrove. collin. tate, daniels, wylde, tansey, the list is long.
nae doubt plenty of you cunts will refuse to see he has done what any half competent manager wouldve done in the circumstances and want the man to plough on

Who would you suggest we replace him with?

#383 OFFLINE   strachanmcgheegoal

strachanmcgheegoal

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,901 posts
  • Joined 29-September 11

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:21 PM

Define must win?

Must win = kind of prefer to win but to be honest if we don’t the sky won’t actually fall in on our heads.

#384 OFFLINE   ericblack4boss

ericblack4boss

My name is Brian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts
  • Joined 17-February 08

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:24 PM

Who would you suggest we replace him with?

a manager who isnt scared to stand up to the big clubs.
one who is willing to give youth players a decent chance
one who has fucking balls out instinct
one who is willing to scout in europe for players
one who will drop players if they are off form
one who wont sign washed up crocks
oh and one that isnt a. sleekit rabbid hun bastard

Edited by ericblack4boss, 16 September 2018 - 03:28 PM.

A MAN OF THE DON, IS WORTH TWO OF THE DEE!

#385 ONLINE   ebbe

ebbe

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,094 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:41 PM

a manager who isnt scared to stand up to the big clubs.
one who is willing to give youth players a decent chance
one who has fucking balls out instinct
one who is willing to scout in europe for players
one who will drop players if they are off form
one who wont sign washed up crocks
oh and one that isnt a. sleekit rabbid hun bastard

I have no idea how you’re even able to entertain answering such stupid fucking questions.

#386 OFFLINE   fifered

fifered

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Joined 08-January 08

Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:13 PM

Defence and midfield we'll be ok this season but up front we are woeful. Surely to fuck Anderson has to get a start soon. He's hardly going to contribute less in the way of goals than may and Cosgrove. It's going to be a struggle all season the way it's looking just now.

#387 OFFLINE   Shinniesta

Shinniesta

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts
  • Joined 10-March 17

Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:25 PM

Defence and midfield we'll be ok this season but up front we are woeful. Surely to fuck Anderson has to get a start soon. He's hardly going to contribute less in the way of goals than may and Cosgrove. It's going to be a struggle all season the way it's looking just now.

Hopefully we finally get Wilson fit and he and Anderson both start banging in the goals for us. If they don't it's going to be a long season.

I'm also hoping that both Wright and Frank Ross properly prove themselves this season and add some much needed creativity in the final third. It would also help if Forrester starts to resemble a footballer. That would really help us right now.

#388 OFFLINE   Sooper-hanz

Sooper-hanz

Rumpus' love child.

• Members
  • 11,060 posts
  • Joined 12-November 15

Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:33 PM

Discover vagina .

:hysterical:  :hysterical:  only just noticed this. 

limericks etc..,

#389 OFFLINE   strachanmcgheegoal

strachanmcgheegoal

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,901 posts
  • Joined 29-September 11

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:54 PM

Summary from Sportscene.

1/. Penalty. No question.

2/. Here’s a thought. Why not light the firework suppository that GMS clearly got at half time at 14.59 next week?

3/. Greg Stewart, thru the middle with a licence to shoot. So, not a wing back then...

4/. Brendan Rodgers. Hahahahahahaha

#390 OFFLINE   baconman

baconman

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Joined 16-December 06

Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:01 PM

Define must win?

Momentum..................it’s needed.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum