St Johnstone 1 - 1 Aberdeen

Its times like this when people who didnt rate Christie and didnt like maddison really look like complete spastics. Christie is the exact type of player we need. Yes had off games, yes maybe wasnt at his best towards the end of last season, but has the actual ability to take 2/3 boys out the game with a run and create chances with incisive football. We have 0 creativity and that is the main problem. Anderson needs to start next game, may is absolutely finished.   

Mcinnes is boring now, done an ok job overall, but time for a change. Playing the same system as we did 3 years ago, however doing it with shiter players is not a recipe for success, 99% of people can see that but why cant he and the board? It makes us so easy and predictable to play against. Watching us at the moment barring the St mirren game is on the whole eye bleeding stuff. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Stewart is like a different player at Kilmarnock. He looks relaxed without a care in the world and seems to have license to try shit out.

Look at the two goals he got recently. He'd never have scored them for us. 

Not sure what conclusions to draw. Are our players to scared to deviate from what theyve been told to do by Mcinnes for fear of being dropped?

Can hardly believe that's the same player.

The league is boring, we will finish, at best, 5th, and at worst 6th. We are shite to watch.

Disagree that the league is boring. Aberdeen are boring though.

We've had poor runs before at the start of the season but we're absolutely being left behind this time round. Even at this early stage we're 9 points behind Hearts, quite a gap and struggle to see how we're going to close it given form, injuries and management. 

Remember him coming on against Celtic and skinning everyone he wanted to. Looked every bit like he was playing in the wrong team setting up chances for Reynolds and Stockley.

I also remember Maddison in the league cup final, refusing to pass, trying to take them on himself, blowing our best chance at 0-0 with a long range shot when we had Celtic stretched and a through ball was the right decision.

Maddison had talent, but he was not the player he is now when he was here. The fact Christie came into the side, played the same position, but did more said a lot.

a manager who isnt scared to stand up to the big clubs.

one who is willing to give youth players a decent chance

one who has fucking balls out instinct

one who is willing to scout in europe for players

one who will drop players if they are off form

one who wont sign washed up crocks

oh and one that isnt a. sleekit rabbid hun bastard

Who though? Who is it that supposedly ticks all these boxes?

• Downvote 2

I also remember Maddison in the league cup final, refusing to pass, trying to take them on himself, blowing our best chance at 0-0 with a long range shot when we had Celtic stretched and a through ball was the right decision.

Maddison had talent, but he was not the player he is now when he was here. The fact Christie came into the side, played the same position, but did more said a lot.

Wow. Celtic targeted him from the first minute and took turns to wipe him out. 

The chance you're on about he won the ball back, he got it back from Shinnie and took Brown and their midfield out the game with his control. Rooney was making a run but he played him in exactly the same way before or after that and the ball went out for a goal kick because Rooney was towing a caravan. But aye let's blame Maddison.

Less points.

:laughing:

Rose tinted glasses with Maddison.

Largely anonymous. Obviously had talent.

Correct.

Yep. Christie did way more for us that season than Maddison.

For anyone to suggest otherwise is delusion and revisionism to an extreme.

He was on another planet of skill and vision, hence where he now plays. Christie was producing a huge number of goals and assists. We've now got fuck all. 

Exactly. He was wasted for a few months whilst we had him shoved out wide, similar to Christie in spells. How it takes mcinnes so long to realise that these players need to be played in the 10 role is sheer tactical negligence. Stewart another example now being played properly for Killie, look at the results. 

• Upvote 1

I think people are just butthurt because he didn't want to come back. I don't blame him. Fucking being a creative number 10 and playing under McShit.

I was glad he didn't come back.

We improved once he was left out of the team.

But as you say, he was being played out of position.

If we had a decent manager who knew what he was doing, yeah, we would have seen the best of him, surely.

Under those circumstances, I'd have been delighted to see him come back.

Correct. Annoyed that their take that he wasn't a team player was absolute nonsense.

I get the take on him being too greedy.

That last game up at Ross County, he was horrifically wasteful.

Trying to do too much on his own.

Never picking the correct option when players were available.

Though this may have been, or probably was a culmination of his frustration from the way he was being utilised by McInnes.

Add him to the list of players who are superb with other teams, but shit with us under Delboy.

Must be a fair length noo.

It's easy to say CL would have done this or that. The bottom line is that he hasn't done anything good enough to win a club he has been at any silverware and he has had plenty of chances he's not exactly new to management.

As for last season? I think it was fairly common knowledge that in his role as DOF Levein identified and signed the players whereas Cathro's job was to coach them. So technically it was Levein's team last season he just didn't have a pre season with them as their actual manager.

Just for the record what exactly is it that Levein has achieved in his managerial career to date that makes you say he "gets the job done at this level?" What has he done in your eyes that makes him stand out enough from the others for you to say that? It's a bit rich to say Levein would have given Celtic a better run in the cups had he been in McInnes' shoes these past few seasons considering Levein's very poor cup record as a manager that I have already highlighted (knocked out of the cups by three lower league clubs as Hearts manager).

He has made a very good start this season I'll give him that. It's still very early days though.

CL was in control of playing budget with Cathro. Now that he is clearly spending more that he is manager he has clearly sourced better players than Cathro could & the type that suits his playing style rather than Cathros experimentation shite.

CL had Utd stronger than their budget at time would suggest & he clearly has Hearts stronger than they were.

I am not saying CL is a great manager, nor even a good one. Just that he is decent 'at this level' & easily as good as McInnes if not better 'at this level'

Saying CL is better than McInnes though at this level, doesn't mean saying he is a good manager.

McInnes is pretty shite when it comes to tactics & any kind of plan B & he is far from the irreplaceable manager that some seem to think he is just because of the shite that preceded him with us. The circumstances during McInnes's time with us have fooled many into thinking he is far better than he actually is.

He has improved the club OFF THE FIELD in many areas & full credit for that, made the club far more professional but on the playing side & his eye for talent is hit & miss at best. Yes he has sourced a couple of great finds but he has had TEN transfer windows to do this, so you would expect him to find a few in that time.

Club is going backwards again, or rather our challengers are getting back to strength & McInnes is getting found out for the mediocre manager he is.

Time to move him on. He's starting to fester