Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Sam Cosgrove

At the time I thought it was a terrible tackle and was surprised/disheartened to see Brown wasnt actually hurt.

Ive seen it again, and to be honest Brown is lucky he missed him, cause it was a shocking attempt at a tackle.

Even more shocking because he missed the fkr. Wasted red in that case for sure.

Guess we can put that down to lack of match fitness. Hopefully he's fully up to fitness then next time we play the fkrs

Did no one think it was wise to tell a physical player that against Celtic with ten men, you won’t get any leeway at all with challenges? If you watch the highlights, Brown loses control of the ball before the tackles that came in. It was a pretty badly timed tackle but don’t think he was trying to be nasty........he reminded me of Lee Miller when he came on, just a bit scrawnier

Did no one think it was wise to tell a physical player that against Celtic with ten men, you wont get any leeway at all with challenges? If you watch the highlights, Brown loses control of the ball before the tackles that came in. It was a pretty badly timed tackle but dont think he was trying to be nasty........he reminded me of Lee Miller when he came on, just a bit scrawnier

We have to see a few more appearances from Sam to really know.

If he's still tackling 5 mins late and a foot too high after 5-10 games then we really need to worry. Otherwise it may just be a very inexperienced player, in his first game, first time ever in that sort of atmosphere and just off the bench hoping to make an impression.

A rush of blood to he head combined with a natural gangly awkwardness maybe.

We have to see a few more appearances from Sam to really know.

If he's still tackling 5 mins late and a foot too high after 5-10 games then we really need to worry. Otherwise it may just be a very inexperienced player, in his first game, first time ever in that sort of atmosphere and just off the bench hoping to make an impression.

A rush of blood to he head combined with a natural gangly awkwardness maybe.

I’d say this. Give him time. He’s played in pub leagues all his life. Not used to the big time

Eh mind flood goat sent aff fir ez first gemme fir Utd back whin levein first signed him up, 2007 eh hink. celtic innaw eh hink, cunt wis fired up, thon cosgrove wid hiv been insta hero if they studs wir flyin up a coupla cm higher, schlitze widna be gittin back up. fyi, cunts sent aff in thir debut r called 'firebrands' accordin tae peter n ruffie - the fat cunts thit thi ir

Does anyone really have any hope for a Carlisle reserve with a poor goal scoring record to be in any way successful in the SPL?

You just never know what you're going to get, though.

Although I think in this case it's fairly clear what we got.

First time I ever saw Willem Van Der Ark play, he gets subsituted on, makes a shambling run towards some Motherwell fella, clatters into him in an uncoordinated tangle of knees and elbows, and gets booked.

Not a great introduction, but he improved.... so there's always hope*.

*I don't hold out much hope in this case, though.

Need to watch the highlights again (if I must). I didnt actually think the foul was that bad. Seen worse not get a straight red.

At the time watching fae the south Stand my instant reaction was that it had to be a straight red. And after seeing replays of it I still think that.

But , to me, it seems very similar to the tackle Brown himself got a straight red for against Ross County last season. And that was rescinded or downgraded on appeal. Despite just about everybody , including Brendan Rodgers in the immediate aftermath pretty much agreeing it was worthy of a straight red

Eh mind flood goat sent aff fir ez first gemme fir Utd back whin levein first signed him up, 2007 eh hink. celtic innaw eh hink, cunt wis fired up, thon cosgrove wid hiv been insta hero if they studs wir flyin up a coupla cm higher, schlitze widna be gittin back up. fyi, cunts sent aff in thir debut r called 'firebrands' accordin tae peter n ruffie - the fat cunts thit thi ir

LOL

You just never know what you're going to get, though.

Although I think in this case it's fairly clear what we got.

First time I ever saw Willem Van Der Ark play, he gets subsituted on, makes a shambling run towards some Motherwell fella, clatters into him in an uncoordinated tangle of knees and elbows, and gets booked.

Not a great introduction, but he improved.... so there's always hope*.

*I don't hold out much hope in this case, though.

Yes but VDA was signed from a decent standard league playing 1st team football and his record was 1 goal in 2 games when we signed him.

I agree it would be unfair to pass judgment in 1 game or 8 minutes in Cosgrove's case, but more his record and that fact he wasn't deemed good enough for Carlisle should mean he was never signed in the first place.

20 year old makes a daft challenge on his debut and gets written off.

Maybe best to give the lad a chance.

If he's doing enough in training to get in the starting eleven ahead of Rooney, May & Maynard I will be happy to give him the chance to prove his worth.

Certainly not going to write him off yet

Agreed.

Nobody has seen enough of the lad to make an informed opinion.

I'll write him off next season if need be.

I guess I am maybe being a tad unfair on Devlin by thinking he will turn out to be another Tansey type McInnes signing but we are all hoping he will be better because the position we need filled is desperately needing filled.

Obviously I'm joking as I really know nothing of Devlin & cannot say I have ever really noticed much of him.