Straw Poll - McInnes: Stay or Go?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. McInnes: Stay or Go?

• McInnes is God!
    • McInnes must Go!

Like most on here I’m obviously very disappointed with him especially in recent weeks and I do believe he may have taken as far as he can, but the big question is who would we go for and would they be the man to progress us? I’m actually not sure if it’s a case of McInnes being arrogant or just deluded and it does seem like the whole Hun debacle is still playing in his mind and that’s not acceptable imo. In that aspect I do wonder if a fresh pre-season and - fingers crossed - a much much better transfer window and he will get the benefit of the doubt. He really does owe the fans tho and has to get things right

How can you say in any way the rangers thing is on his mind?

That's utter conjecture

As it is to say that he doesn't regret not going.

I'm still happy that he stayed. I don't think we'd have been able to handle losing our manager to that lot. I think it would have been such moral killing blow that we'd be in a worse position than we are now. We just need to struggle through this season and do some proper regrouping in the summer. Ideally with £1M in our pockets to go and get a new manager and some new players.

But who are we going to get that can do any better with the third best budget? I agree performances haven't been good enough this season and we do bottle it in big games, but I just don't think a change for changes sake is worth it. He's having one poorer season out of five and yet we could still finish second and win the Scottish cup.

I just can't see who else we could get that would do any better

• Upvote 1

Like most on here I’m obviously very disappointed with him especially in recent weeks and I do believe he may have taken as far as he can, but the big question is who would we go for and would they be the man to progress us? I’m actually not sure if it’s a case of McInnes being arrogant or just deluded and it does seem like the whole Hun debacle is still playing in his mind and that’s not acceptable imo. In that aspect I do wonder if a fresh pre-season and - fingers crossed - a much much better transfer window and he will get the benefit of the doubt. He really does owe the fans tho and has to get things right

What does that actually mean tho?

McInnes must do significantly better.

We’re falling behind the standards he has set, he’ll know that himself but I feel he deserves a crack at the rebuilding job which is going to be necessary in the summer.

We’re still third and (at least for the time being) in the cup. No need to hit the panic button yet, but we are playing pure pish, there’s a cluelessness apparent all over the park, good players are underperforming and you would struggle to identify what our ‘style’ is supposed to be.

All questions which need answers, but McInnes has more than earned the right to have a crack at it. IMHO.[

Yip, couldn't have put it better.

It's a stupid thing to say

He didn't take the job

He turned them down

It's not a stupid thing to say, if you consider the fact that the huns made far superior signings than we did in January and are now 6 points above us. Especially when you see the body language and the tone with which McInnes now speaks. I can see why people would induce that he's regretting his decision to stay.

None of us know what McInnes is thinking though, so it's complete conjecture as you say.

Conjecture on a fitba forum. Never.

Go. Especially if we can get money in compensation. (Doubtful as his stock is falling & cannot see anyone willing to pay for him now)

Also GO, if he was willing to leave for another club for free/mutual consent (doubtful)

Basically only want him to stay if the only way to get rid is pay up his contract.

I do not trust him for signing players that are needed all over the park in first team.

McKenna (whom we could potentially be cashing in on) possibly Devlin (wait & see) McGinn, Shinnie, Lewis, Logan & maybe Rooney & GMS ( if they find form) are the bones of our decent (at least potentially decent if on form) team. The rest of the first team squad is very open to much needed strengthening.

Took McInnes forever before he sorted the gk position.

Got the RB position sorted. No complaints, other than a drop in form this season.

LB has been a joke for his whole tenure to date.

Same regarding Central defence. He has experimented with a lot of shiteness for the most part in defence.

Midfield (centrally at least) has not been much better for him, which is quite frankly a fkn disgrace for a for a former midfielder as manager. Robson & Flood & Jack & McLean have been his hit & miss players in there. Not fantastic but reasonably acceptable. Others like Ball & AOC & Tansey are wtf signings.

LW has been covered by the likes of Hayes/McGinn thankfully.

RW has been shit for most of his time.

Up front he scored a plus with Rooney up to now where a combination of poor form & Shite tactics have fkd that now.

May has so far been a failed gamble & on a loooong deal.

Majority of loan signings have been shite, with few exceptions like Maddison, Christie,Ward & maybe Chidi.

Even one of his best signings he has managed to fkn only get semi decent use from. Shinnie in midfield having to cover for his failure to address the midfield weakness sufficiently, whilst simultaneously fkn up the LB position with a slow CH because of this.

The league being a lot weaker overall during his tenure has helped him escape the shite he deserves for so many risks/fk ups

How can you say in any way the rangers thing is on his mind?

That's utter conjecture

I think it is on his mind. But not in the sense that he’s regretting it (maybe he is), but more in that it can’t be easy having everyone say “thank fuck we didn’t appoint him as manager” with even a large proportion of Aberdeen fans saying they wish he had gone. Doesn’t matter how thick skinned you are - every Rangers win and every Aberdeen struggle, McInnes seems to be at the centre of it. That sort of stuff must get in your head, and at the moment McInnes looks like a man carrying the weight of the world.

Turning down the huns immediately puts pressure on him achieving what he seemed to believe was possible at the time; i.e. progression. Much of the criticism of him alludes to safety zones; defensive subs, playing for draws, continuously picking players who clearly need dropped...but at the same time, these criticisms could easily been seen from the opposite angle - consolidation, giving people a fair crack of the whip before turning elsewhere...placing fear in players minds that one error can mean the end is as damaging sometimes, as relentlessly persevering with something thats failing.

But we all hoped him staying was a catalyst...and immediately its proved to be anything but. Which from the lofty height of being overjoyed with something, can hurt somewhat when you tumble over the edge and smash onto the deck. Just scoring at the moment seems to be alusive; we must fuck up Thistle good and proper - attack and attack well. Then do that always. We are good at attacking - wish Del would have more faith in this. Nowt else for it.

If DM is thinking like this then he is very selective, Stewart, Wright and a few others play a bad 45 minutes then disappear off the team sheet for weeks at a time and others like AOC (who right now has taken over from Ash Taylor as my hate figure) can be shite for months on end and is virtually undroppable.

It's mental, he'll say it another 2 or 3 times before tea-time.

How many times are you going to moan about me moaning how shite McInnes is?

It really bothers you enough to keep going on & on about it

A few, then he'll log out and log in as doncomitant and say it a few more times.

I have never once logged in as Doncomitant. She is very much her own person.

How many times are you going to moan about me moaning how shite McInnes is?

It really bothers you enough to keep going on & on about it

I have never once logged in as Doncomitant. She is very much her own person.

Go on, tell us again about Mcinnes. In fact, i prefer it when Doncom tells us. What time does she log in?

A poll to satisfy those who seek change for the sake of it. Evident by the two options available.

Now, I'm not saying this season hasn't been frustrating, but given the state we were in prior to McInnes' arrival, I'm willing to give McInnes time to fix the problems in the squad. I'm certainly not a "Mcinnes is god" person.

A poll to satisfy those who seek change for the sake of it. Evident by the two options available.

How do both options make you come to this conclusion?

You are automatically singling out the choice you lean the least toward as irrelevant in some way.

It's a basic poll to gauge people's leanings/opinions on the manager.

If it really was a poll to satisfy those you referred to, then there wouldn't be an option in favour of McInnes