Leighton Disses Fergie

Seems a strange one, when he was asked specifically what it was about he couldn't really answer. I think at the time he was all over the place form wise and deserved to be dropped for the replay.

Leighton was a great shot-stopper , but his kicking was fucking atrocious. Probably why he struggled for form in the back-pass rule era.

On the '83 cup final rant, he's at it there. Fergie was famous for his temper and rants, so not one of those players would have been the least bit surprised at what he said. The only surprising thing about it was that he actually apologised.

I didn't see the '90 cup final as I was at Hampden that day watching Theo win the SC for us, but looking back at the goals alone, he did seem a bit flappy for the 1st and 3rd. Dunno if he deserved to be dropped, but it's clear he's still extremely butthurt about the whole episode.

He's a bitter fud who was found out by the pass back rule and then went on to be an utterly useless coach.

Fergie is the greatest manager of all time and will go down in history as such. I doubt he'll care that a shite smearer like Leighton would leave WhatsApp group if he joined it.

Leighton was a great goalkeeper for us during our most successful period but he really needs to get that massive chip off his shoulder.

Players lost respect for the manager after 83 final....... Aye that's why they all went on to win another couple of leagues and more cups as a group.....what a pile of attention seeking shite when the current squad are on the eve of a cup final.

The fukin numpty needs to remember who gave him his debut and managed him to the successful football career he had instead of berating the great man every chance he gets.

He should be thanking him for that every chance he gets.

• Upvote 1

Fitba players amaze me wee the shit they come oot with after their finished playing, he's no the only one,same with ex boxers like Hatton,they need to get back in the limelight somehow.

Just retire gracefully, and thank fuck you were blessed to have had a good career.

Countdown to next McGhee rant...

Edit: Actually, given tomorrow's opponents, I'm shocked we haven't heard from him yet this week

Leighton was a great goalkeeper for us during our most successful period but he really needs to get that massive chip off his shoulder.

Players lost respect for the manager after 83 final....... Aye that's why they all went on to win another couple of leagues and more cups as a group.....what a pile of attention seeking shite when the current squad are on the eve of a cup final.

The fukin numpty needs to remember who gave him his debut and managed him to the successful football career he had instead of berating the great man every chance he gets.

He should be thanking him for that every chance he gets.

This.

Leighton is a Gothenburg great.

What he did for AFC cannot be disputed.

Unfortunately though, he has proved in the time that has followed that he is nae quite all there.

Okay, he's nae the brightest, but to chuck in the bitterness and antagonistic behaviour he has displayed since?

Fuck that.

Perhaps he's just a prick, rather than a fuckwit.

Like Magoo.

Who knows.

I remember watching Fergie's outburst in '83 live and thinking that he had lost his marbles. We certainly weren't at our best that day (in normal time anyway) but in no way were oldco in any way superior. At least he did have the good grace to apologise to the squad the next morning.

As for Leighton in the '90 Cup Final......he really was astonishingly bad. Absolutely deserved to be dropped as he looked a bag of nerves and was at fault for 2 of the 3 Palace goals. Fergie was on the verge of being sacked and it was only the Cup win which bought him some more time. Leighton will always be a legend for what he did with us but needs to accept that it was Fergie's genius that made us the force that we were.

Sour Grapes from Leighton, survival of the fittest in professional football. He was playing poorly, his confidence was low, therefore Fergie dropped him. Andy Roxburgh still played Leighton at Italia 90, but who was to blame for losing the goal against Brazil in the last group match?

Aye. Wis Leighton. Horrific goalkeeping.

Was there. Stadio Delle Alpi. Soaked. Disappointed.

At least there was the bonus of seeing that fucking moribund tim fucktard Murdo McLeod get his face caved in off a Brazilian free kick.

• Upvote 1

Aye. Wis Leighton. Horrific goalkeeping.

Was there. Stadio Delle Alpi. Soaked. Disappointed.

At least there was the bonus of seeing that fucking moribund tim fucktard Murdo McLeod get his face caved in off a Brazilian free kick.

Branco. That was brilliant. Canna beat seeing some cunt getting a ba hammered off their face especially when the recipient is a prick.

• Upvote 4

he was miserable bastard coaching too.

apparently be used to be asked to go round boys clubs but would never appear as he waa always at a funeral.

when Scott Bain was at Pittodrie Leighton got him punted,he told a guy i know " he had to go i didnt like him"

to which the boy replied.

" for fuck sake Jim is there any cunt you do like"?