Letter Writing Ring

caledonia

@@caledonia whats your view on how the SNP govt have not dealt with sectarianism and bigotry. Constantly turning a blind eye most likely as its not a vote winner or play to the anti-Tory voters.

Not saying its anything different from previous regimes but I expected better.

Think you should be more concerned about bigotry in your own party

https://indyref2.scot/ruth-racism-and-bigotry-now-bbc-scotland-has-questions-to-answer

• Upvote 1

Labour voter me but just avoid the question. Tartan Tories your lot

Remind me which party along with the tories voted for austerity.

which party is running a so called campaign to stop zero hours contracts but voted against stopping them in wales 7 times

0_F0_D45_DE-27_CE-430_F-_AF2_C-_A294_FEC

16216_D7_C-_DAB4-4064-_A1_B2-146_B04439_

All you get from labour is soundbites and Willie Young

• Upvote 1

Caledonia, I voted yes, have voted SNP all my life and am also a member of the party however they have taken their eye off the ball a fair few times recently.

Yes, the other parties are shit however we can't use that as an excuse to mask the failings of the present government.

We need to continually to question them and ensure that they do their day jobs, if they do that well then we have the right to argue that they can run an independent country.

So as Captain Caveman asked earlier, what's your opinion on how the government has dealt with sectarianism and bigotry?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Caledonia, I voted yes, have voted SNP all my life and am also a member of the party however they have taken their eye off the ball a fair few times recently.

Yes, the other parties are shit however we can't use that as an excuse to mask the failings of the present government.

We need to continually to question them and ensure that they do their day jobs, if they do that well then we have the right to argue that they can run an independent country.

So as Captain Caveman asked earlier, what's your opinion on how the government has dealt with sectarianism and bigotry?

See that is snpbad chat

Actually was going to give my opinion on the question

But thought by not answering it would show people looking in what so called ex/snp members thought the most important question while rich aristocrats from England try and deny Scotland a right to run its own affairs.

• Upvote 1

Actually was going to give my opinion on the question

But thought by not answering it would show people looking in what so called ex/snp members thought the most important question while rich aristocrats from England try and deny Scotland a right to run its own affairs.

Great stuff

Whats your thoughts on bigotry.

I voted Yes and only vote SNP because they stand for independence.

People in Scotland who vote Labour and wear it like a badge of honour are generally pretty stupid.

But nothing could ever shock me more than Aberdeen and shire returning Tories in the last GE.

That was insanity beyond imagination.

• Upvote 2

I couldn’t say what the SNP do better or worse than Labour in Scotland. And I don’t give a fuck. They - political parties - are all shit. I voted Labour for the first time ever at the last GE solely to vote against the Tories. Politics talk on a football webchatspeaksite is pretty fruitless, particularly domestic stuff for the region of the UK who never had the balls to go it alone.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The state of these two tosspots :suicide:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy0YPWsGW48

The unionists have not made any comment on that their agenda is to try and change subject to snp bad or childish name calling is another ploy

while all claiming they used to support/support/are members of the SNP

Just think about this you are a member of the SNP and something big gets leaked about unionists trying to change democracy

A- do you comment on it

B-do you deflect and attack the snp/scot gov for something the tories are by far the worst in Scotland

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I admire your indefatigability Caledonia but isn’t it a dead rubber just now?

If the fucking idiots in the NE are voting Tory, then I can’t see any chance for independence any time soon.

C - get on with your life. Nobody gives a shit about this sort of thing in their day to day life (See Kirsty for further clarification).

I am sure some are interested on what is happening in their country just as much as they are interested in threads about running

Anyway if people are not interested they dont have to read/post simples

• Upvote 1

Ever noticed why 90% of the letters in P&J and other Scottish papers are always SNPbad or anti independence despite nearly a 50/50 split

Well here is the answer

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-green-ink-gang/

Dont buy papers any more but do have a quick look while over at my sons and batshit jill is in P&J every other day despite living in Edinburgh

Strange you say you don't read newspapers but a few years back were constantly saying that things must be true because they are in newspapers. Glad to see you have wised up that that simply isn't the case.

Strange you say you don't read newspapers but a few years back were constantly saying that things must be true because they are in newspapers. Glad to see you have wised up that that simply isn't the case.

Agree used to believe the papers and BBC but thanks to you and others i now don't

That is why its important to let others see they are lying as well

• Upvote 2

Agree used to believe the papers and BBC but thanks to you and others i now don't

That is why its important to let others see they are lying as well

You're welcome.

As Captain Caveman says though I wouldn't be so trusting of bloggers as well. Everyone has an agenda and it's always a good idea to filter any information.

Disbelieve everything is my default position. You may agree with the agenda but it is healthy to be sceptical until things are corroborated with evidence. Someone's opinion isn't evidence.

Shows the level if you believed newspapers. Youve got wings now everything is true on there and not biased at all.

Whats your views on bigotry Caley

Thanks for bumping the topic i knew when i posted i could rely on tories like you to keep it at the top for everyone on holiday to read

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1