New Stadium Approved

Did anyone hear from the horses mouth the club say an indoor pitch would come later or was that made up and repeated, and what would it cost?

Cormack said they were installing the hybrid pitch because Burnley told them invest now rather than later. 

How many times does this need to be repeated? The club have repeatedly said they plan an indoor pitch at some point, just not in phase one. Likewise, they plan to install safe standing, which people (you included) also refuse to accept.

An indoor pitch is not a priority. We need an indoor pitch a handful of times a year and if we do there are indoor pitches in Aberdeen we can hire out.

Sure the club won't fall apart if we don't have one by next summer.

It would have made sense to me to have the changing rooms, gym, reception etc. within an indoor facility rather than a separate pavilion. Or at least designed it so it could be an extension.

Why? Why does an indoor pitch need to be connected to the pavilion? The outdoor pitches aren't connected to it.

See they say part of the extra £1.5m is to help cover their costs for the judicial review.

Hopefully it’s just the club expecting to have to cover their own legal fees given the WANKS appear to be planning to fold their company after losing to get out of paying any costs.

Cunts.

If they lose they'll have to restore the ground back to how it was.

• Downvote 1

How many times does this need to be repeated? The club have repeatedly said they plan an indoor pitch at some point, just not in phase one. Likewise, they plan to install safe standing, which people (you included) also refuse to accept.

An indoor pitch is not a priority. We need an indoor pitch a handful of times a year and if we do there are indoor pitches in Aberdeen we can hire out.

Sure the club won't fall apart if we don't have one by next summer.

Why? Why does an indoor pitch need to be connected to the pavilion? The outdoor pitches aren't connected to it.

If they lose they'll have to restore the ground back to how it was.

I've missed and can't find any mention of the club repeatedly saying an indoor pitch will come later. I guess it therefore must have been said at private events hence the question - who and when.

I've had amnesia if I ever said or thought there won't be safe standing. There will be at least behind the goals.

It doesn't have to be connected, but it makes all sorts of logistical sense to do so for the same reasons as having the stadium and training ground together. Hardly needs explaining but players at any age group would rather stay and practice in an indoor facility than averagely shite Aberdeen weather.

• Upvote 1
  • Site Sponsor

You'd have thought they'd realise something wasn't going to go their way if the council and club aren't opposing them on this? AFC won't want to appear to be the bad guys when they fail by making the "locals" lose more money

Hopefully the natives turn on those who have spunked their cash on a lost cause.

Many of them are so fucking stupid however that they'll probably continue to gush praise for their three "champions" despite the fact they've lost almost £70k of their money.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully the natives turn on those who have spunked their cash on a lost cause.

Many of them are so fucking stupid however that they'll probably continue to gush praise for their three "champions" despite the fact they've lost almost £70k of their money.

A lot will lose interest soon and it'll be left with a small group of hardline nutters.

Dave Cormack confirmed this two weeks ago at the 'discussion'.

The aim now for fans should be that this isn't a token gesture and that it is 4,000 behind the goals - time to lead the way again.

It will be at least an entire stand behind the goals. There are new guidelines being published for safe standing which will apparently allow for the 1.8 to a rail seat model. Hopefully we use that, can get 5000 in if we wanted to and have cheap tickets.

I've missed and can't find any mention of the club repeatedly saying an indoor pitch will come later. I guess it therefore must have been said at private events hence the question - who and when.

I've had amnesia if I ever said or thought there won't be safe standing. There will be at least behind the goals.

It doesn't have to be connected, but it makes all sorts of logistical sense to do so for the same reasons as having the stadium and training ground together. Hardly needs explaining but players at any age group would rather stay and practice in an indoor facility than averagely shite Aberdeen weather.

Players play their games outdoors, not indoors. You use an indoor facility when you can't use the outdoor pitch. Otherwise, they're training to play.

Even so, Aberdeen are planning an indoor facility, so continuing to post reasons why they should build one is wasting your time. However, it's not a priority, which is why it can come later. Even the reasons you've posted sound more like "be nice to have" rather than "essential".

It will be at least an entire stand behind the goals. There are new guidelines being published for safe standing which will apparently allow for the 1.8 to a rail seat model. Hopefully we use that, can get 5000 in if we wanted to and have cheap tickets.

Sod that. If I'm buying a season ticket for that section im not sharing it with some other flange.

Should be at least 30-40% of the stadium capacity safe standing.

I genuinely can't see Aberdeen offering cheaper tickets for that area, if anything they'd probably charge more.

Know what you mean but hopefully they understand pricing systems better by then, and they have a clean slate.

This is Dresden's system.

dynamo-dresden1.png

Can you link us up to these new guidelines please?

Don't know if they're published yet, it was all those safe standing roadshow accounts on twitter that said it.

Players play their games outdoors, not indoors. You use an indoor facility when you can't use the outdoor pitch. Otherwise, they're training to play.

Even so, Aberdeen are planning an indoor facility, so continuing to post reasons why they should build one is wasting your time. However, it's not a priority, which is why it can come later. Even the reasons you've posted sound more like "be nice to have" rather than "essential".

Sod that. If I'm buying a season ticket for that section im not sharing it with some other flange.

Should be at least 30-40% of the stadium capacity safe standing.

If I say black you'll say white. It's getting very odd.

You don't share anything, it's 2 rows between each rail. Like a terrace but with 2 rows instead of 3.