Mini Huns V Dons Thread

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can put in the effort and application we did against the Dhims we have a good chance at Swinecastle.

Its been a long time since i've seen a Dons team close down and put in such tought tackles as we did on Sunday - I was impressed with that, especially after the lackluster display at Smurn. Can the team consitantly put in that closing down, and tackling though? We need to be able to do that against everyone, not just when we play the Old Firm.

It needs to be come AFC's new mantra : work ethic, fight until the ascendancy (lead) is ours in the game, then we can pass it about.

If we can put in the effort and application we did against the Dhims we have a good chance at Swinecastle.

Its been a long time since i've seen a Dons team close down and put in such tought tackles as we did on Sunday - I was impressed with that, especially after the lackluster display at Smurn. Can the team consitantly put in that closing down, and tackling though? We need to be able to do that against everyone, not just when we play the Old Firm.

It needs to be come AFC's new mantra : work ethic, fight until the ascendancy (lead) is ours in the game, then we can pass it about.

I'd agree with that.

I also don't believe hoping for a 0-0 is the best we can do either.

There's always set pieces and opponent errors you know :crossfingers:

Can't see us scoring many goals or winning games until we put a creative player in the middle of the park, e.g. Rudi or Mehdi, with the latter being injured since Ibrox on the first day.

Black / Mrowiec are good holding midfielders, but playing them alongside each other means there is little spark from the middle of the park and everything has to come down the wings.

Watched the second half of your game and you looked ok, although all teams tend to raise their game against the ugly two

Can't see us scoring many goals or winning games until we put a creative player in the middle of the park, e.g. Rudi or Mehdi, with the latter being injured since Ibrox on the first day.

Black / Mrowiec are good holding midfielders, but playing them alongside each other means there is little spark from the middle of the park and everything has to come down the wings.

Watched the second half of your game and you looked ok, although all teams tend to raise their game against the ugly two

Black will be suspended for the game though so you don't need to worry about selecting him to sort your creativity.

Black will be suspended for the game though so you don't need to worry about selecting him to sort your creativity.

Yeah, I realise that, but playing with the same system and replacing Black with Jonsson or McGowan creates the same problem. My point is that a more creative central midfielder has to come in instead, like Rudi...

Yeah, I realise that, but playing with the same system and replacing Black with Jonsson or McGowan creates the same problem. My point is that a more creative central midfielder has to come in instead, like Rudi...

Jesus christ a Jambo with a clue about fitba.

Wonders will never cease.

Still a mink though. :laughing:

We'l get chinned 2 or 3 nil, and one of our players will get a long term injury.

And Brown will say, "Were disappointed for the fans."

And then he'll say, "There are positives to be taken."

And then he'll be asked about new players, and Brown will say something vague and non-committal.

If Hearts score, they'll win. Snaring a 0-0 is our only hope, unless there's a swathe of creative players and wily strikers being photographed in the broom cupboard before the week's over.

It's bad but I agree with this. Our only hope is them having some sort of nuclear defensive mishap and scoring perhaps an Og. From open play from our own creation, I can't see scoring.

0-0 RAZOR and Pudgie get ruined on Mad Dog and don't remember the day.

Hopefully we'll have Mawene, Fyvie and Clark back at the weekend. If so I can see us lining up like this-

Gonzalez

McArdle Mawene Considine Foster

Pawlett Arnason Milsom Osbourne Clark

Vernon

Subs-Brown, Fyvie, Jack, Low, Magennis, Paton, Mackie

It's bad but I agree with this. Our only hope is them having some sort of nuclear defensive mishap and scoring perhaps an Og. From open play from our own creation, I can't see scoring.

0-0 RAZOR and Pudgie get ruined on Mad Dog and don't remember the day.

After the last game? Last time I take a whole 70cl onto the bus! Minkit! I can see us getting a cheeky win down there. 2-1 us and a great bounce for the second!