British Olympic Football Team

And? I didn't get tickets for couple of big games, never missed it and never went back since and passion for Scotland right out of the window.

But Tartan Army massively elitest in my opinion even if it is just a small percentage like this. Would liken it to the Ultras to be honest.

why???

the SSC members didnt decide to put a cap on the numbers.

why is it massively elitist?? i dont consider myself to be any less or more of a fan than anyone else and i'm part of the SSC.

as said when i couldnt get tickets it didnt give me a chip on my shoulder just the same when i couldnt get tickets for the Madrid away match with AFC. i didnt get because i'm not a ST holder and thats my own doing nobody elses. it didnt affect my support and attempts to go to the game.

i chose to buy a membership so i could get tickets.. i didnt chose to buy a ST at pittodrie so if i miss out on any sort of ticket then thats just my tough luck

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why???

the SSC members didnt decide to put a cap on the numbers.

why is it massively elitist?? i dont consider myself to be any less or more of a fan than anyone else and i'm part of the SSC.

as said when i couldnt get tickets it didnt give me a chip on my shoulder just the same when i couldnt get tickets for the Madrid away match with AFC. i didnt get because i'm not a ST holder and thats my own doing nobody elses. it didnt affect my support and attempts to go to the game.

i chose to buy a membership so i could get tickets.. i didnt chose to buy a ST at pittodrie so if i miss out on any sort of ticket then thats just my tough luck

Mostly in the away fans side of things. From both TAMB and personal experience of travelling many think the are above fans who don't go to all the games.

But stopped going and never missed it and admit freely that passion for Scotland almost totally gone now and not even bothered if don't see games on telly nowadays. Just can't get excited right now about an organisation that bends over backwards to suit 2 teams and totally revolves around said 2 teams. Sad but something i used to be so passionate about means little to me now.

Mostly in the away fans side of things. From both TAMB and personal experience of travelling many think the are above fans who don't go to all the games.

But stopped going and never missed it and admit freely that passion for Scotland almost totally gone now and not even bothered if don't see games on telly nowadays. Just can't get excited right now about an organisation that bends over backwards to suit 2 teams and totally revolves around said 2 teams. Sad but something i used to be so passionate about means little to me now.

the same can be said for any team.

as said the same with every support IMO.

I only know from personal experience Aberdeen and Scotland and whilst more knuckle draggers seem to come out for big away games the amounts are not anywhere near as high as in Scotland support. Would hazard a guess that Scotland NEDs mainly from schemes in central belt which Aberdeen don't attract.

I only know from personal experience Aberdeen and Scotland and whilst more knuckle draggers seem to come out for big away games the amounts are not anywhere near as high as in Scotland support. Would hazard a guess that Scotland NEDs mainly from schemes in central belt which Aberdeen don't attract.

nah just Aberdeen NEDS

Yup - totally agree. But over the years so many ned fannies added to Scotland travelling support.

agreed. the "tartan army" are an embarrassment, i'm going to get shot down for this but care, they are bunch of jokers. i have no passion for scotland whatsoever, aberdeen or scotland isn't even worth a second thought. not saying scotland should play players from hamilton kili etc but how folk can go to aberdeen match one week and hate and slag barry ferguson (c**t), scott brown (c**t) etc and then the next week go and support them and cheer them on. f**k that sh*t.

can't wait to go and see GREAT BRITAIN in a world cup. britannia rules the way

Craig Brown's petition was taken to the parliament yesterday by the petitions committee. Couple o my mates went and said it was pretty good and Christine Grahame put the point across well that because there are no guarantees with FIFA that our status would be affected its not a good idea. Couple o links to the press articles from today for those who agree with NO TEAM GB

http://sport.scotsman.com/olympics/Brown-l...pose.5035129.jp

http://www.theherald.co.uk/politics/news/d...otball_team.php

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7922152.stm

Its true there tend to be more arseholes come to the bigger away games or even weekend away games. But I wouldnt say its worse than the amount of arseholes that turn up to aberdeen games.

Its probably why I tend to prefer the smaller away games to countries I probably wouldnt choose for a holiday. Saying that I havent been on a Scotland trip I havent enjoyed, you just have to ignore the arseholes. Cant wait for Holland in 3 weeks :dance:

agreed. the "tartan army" are an embarrassment, i'm going to get shot down for this but care, they are bunch of jokers. i have no passion for scotland whatsoever, aberdeen or scotland isn't even worth a second thought. not saying scotland should play players from hamilton kili etc but how folk can go to aberdeen match one week and hate and slag barry ferguson (c**t), scott brown (c**t) etc and then the next week go and support them and cheer them on. f**k that sh*t.

we've been over this. its called being a grown up.

you just proved to us you are a closet hun too.

Guest SS RED

I hear you, I feel your pain.

Guest SS RED
always knew you were a hun SS

Aye, calm doon Jock mcTavish. Div yi wear yer 'hay jimmy' hat ti work?

"we'll coming, we'll be coming...." No yi winna!

Guest LondonScottish
Aye, calm doon Jock mcTavish. Div yi wear yer 'hay jimmy' hat ti work?

"we'll coming, we'll be coming...." No yi winna!

Will you be wearing a Burberry scarf and Sambas pretending to be like the real ASC? :thumbup1: