Aberdeen Airport

rumpus

international ? That's a joke.

If there's more than one plane arrives from outwith UK within 5-10 mins of each other the Border control grinds to a halt as there are only 2 people there to get 500 people through.

Then all that passengers try and retrieve their bags from the one pathetic conveyor.

Takes over 1 hour to get done.

Have flown very regularly from Aberdeen for years and never had to wait for an hour to get through border control, have had longer than that at Glasgow after walking what seemed miles also in Edinburgh too !

Never had any problems at Aberdeen airport.

Enjoyed some banter with a Muslim bird at Heathrow a few years back

but it's just too big a place.

Hated Athens airport.

Hated Orlando - too many loud mouthed yank jobsworths and queuing for ages

to get into their goddam country.

The rest were ok.

So ABZ aint near the worst of about the 30 i've been to.

Hated Orlando - too many loud mouthed yank jobsworths and queuing for ages

to get into their goddam country.

Eh was leaving there a couple years back and big Leroy on security says "Photo ID", no please, just a monotone instruction. Now, in Norway, your debit card has your mugshot on the back, so without even thinking eh whipped that out. This was met with a stern, you're going to Guantamo look, followed by "What is that". "Photo id" says me, all innocent. "That is not a photo id, it must be something like a drivers license or a passport". Eh gandered at my grinning coupon on the back of the card, looked at him again, and said "Sure". The bastard in me decided then to get my British licence out, the one with no picture. Feigning all innocence again eh declared "But my drivers licence doesn't have a picture". This really stumped the fucker, and his look meant there was going to be trouble abrewing for me if eh didna conform to their ways tout-suite, so my passport was duly produced with a near on 10 year-old photae of me (as opposed to the couple of months old one on my bank card) and he was happy.

Eh was leaving there a couple years back and big Leroy on security says "Photo ID", no please, just a monotone instruction. Now, in Norway, your debit card has your mugshot on the back, so without even thinking eh whipped that out. This was met with a stern, you're going to Guantamo look, followed by "What is that". "Photo id" says me, all innocent. "That is not a photo id, it must be something like a drivers license or a passport". Eh gandered at my grinning coupon on the back of the card, looked at him again, and said "Sure". The bastard in me decided then to get my British licence out, the one with no picture. Feigning all innocence again eh declared "But my drivers licence doesn't have a picture". This really stumped the fucker, and his look meant there was going to be trouble abrewing for me if eh didna conform to their ways tout-suite, so my passport was duly produced with a near on 10 year-old photae of me (as opposed to the couple of months old one on my bank card) and he was happy.

It was probably his fat obnoxious cow of a wife i got pissed off by.

Everything about Frankfurt airport is wrong and backward. it does have a filthy feel, but then so does the whole of Frankfurt.

Frankfurt is an awful city and airport.

It was made slightly better last year when I was there as I was absolutely smashed and we got in tow with some Swedish birds.

Dusseldorf Airport is in the wrong country.

I thought I was in Turkey when I arrived/left there.

JFK is stuck in a time warp and Dulles isn't much better.

Sandford in Orlando was pretty shite too.

I don't like airports, boring places.

I mind queueing for ages waiting to get in to America at in Orlando. Nightmare. But found the folk in the booths no less polite than the grumpy fuckers at every other airport. The rudest airport employee I ever encountered was some absolute fud in Montreal. Rude prick.

We were 2 hours to get through security at Orlando a few years back. We were unlucky that we were last off a 747 and another had landed just in front of us so our queue started outside the main hall and well before the zig zag rope thing. To make matters worse as local flights came in the let them go to the front of a queue, the cunts :angry2:

We were 2 hours to get through security at Orlando a few years back. We were unlucky that we were last off a 747 and another had landed just in front of us so our queue started outside the main hall and well before the zig zag rope thing. To make matters worse as local flights came in the let them go to the front of a queue, the cunts :angry2:

Aye that's what happened to us. We've chosen our seats to try and be amongst the first off the slight for this time. As an extra kick in the sack we ended up with anout hour wait for the car hire. Brutal.

Frankfurt is an awful city and airport.

It was made slightly better last year when I was there as I was absolutely smashed and we got in tow with some Swedish birds.

Dusseldorf Airport is in the wrong country.

I thought I was in Turkey when I arrived/left there.

JFK is stuck in a time warp and Dulles isn't much better.

Sandford in Orlando was pretty shite too.

I don't like airports, boring places.

I was shocked by this too, bored out my mind

City airport Lundon is awful. Fuck all to do and massively overpriced beer and full of corporate wankers.

Shows how out of touch with reality you are.

London City airport is brilliant.

Get to airport, go through departures and off you go.

Very rarely a delay.

Far better than Gatwick or Heathrow.

What would you like to see in an airport Cow?

Surely a well travelled man like yourself has lounge access.

Sadly, even though I will do plentiful flights per year with SAS and Widereo, the bonus points for the flights to Norway is generally pishe, and I do not meet the 50,000 points per annum required for gold card status for lounge access, silver card it is, which is about as much use as a chocolate frying pan.

Very rarely a delay.

Agreed.

We travelled through London City Airport on our way to Madrid for the Athletico game.

A less troublesome airport visit I've yet to have.

Smooth.

Very rarely a delay.

I'm not a regular flyer min (holidays and football travel only), so I guess I have different priorities.

Travelled Edinburgh- to Amsterdam via City airport with mates. We had a 7 hour wait in city airport for connection including a 4 hour delay. There just wasn't anything to look at, fiddle with, read. Christ give me some magazines to buy, some arcade machines, a shop to fanny about with the aftershave. Perhaps a Pub with a television? Just fucking something.

I understand the proximity to Central London if you travel regularly on business, but I wasn't impressed.

I'm not a regular flyer min (holidays and football travel only), so I guess I have different priorities.

Travelled Edinburgh- to Amsterdam via City airport with mates. We had a 7 hour wait in city airport for connection including a 4 hour delay. There just wasn't anything to look at, fiddle with, read. Christ give me some magazines to buy, some arcade machines, a shop to fanny about with the aftershave. Perhaps a Pub with a television? Just fucking something.

I understand the proximity to Central London if you travel regularly on business, but I wasn't impressed.

Christ. 7 hours at City would be a nightmare, but nobody sane would ever choose to spend any more than the 20 minutes you need to check in actually at the airport. Which is its whole point, and it does it incredibly well. Its pretty much what flying should be, arrive, board, fuck off. Thats an airports job. If you have to give folk stuff to do then you're doing it wrong.

Its not really better for most of Central London than Heathrow, but its also not a sprawling pain in the hoop, so it wins every time.