Class Of 92-93 V 25 Years On.

Is jimmys top squad more comparable?

I think the league in 92/93 and maybe even in jimmys days were a higher standard than is now.

Jimmys top squad were a higher standard than what we have now!? Fuck off.

Darren Mackie, Jamie Langfield, Duff, Youngs, Bebo, Kerr, McDonald to just name a few names off the top of my head. These aren't Calvin Zola types either, these were consistent starters.

• Upvote 2

May has the potential to be better than Mixu - Scott Wright perhaps as well - overall otherwise probably down a bit from the class of 92/3 but I'd not be astounded if todays team won the odd game (or the class of 92-93 went undefeated all season in the current setup) - football is a funny game - now class of 92/3 up against todays Tims would also be interesting - would again give it to the class of 92/3 but it'd be tighter than we'd like. We would outscore them and Theo would save more - still the best Dons keeper I've seen imho.

It's great the way the current squad has appeared out of panic of few weeks back when Sunderland were after Derek, Hayes had gone etc. and looking back at decent squad of early 90s. Reminder of fact of how spoilt we were as fans back then when many used to criticise guys like Brian Grant and Bobby Connor and the Red Final /Northen Light ran Bobbys Blouse cartoons

Wait, if the team of 1992, at that age, played today's team - would they play current passback/offside rules, or 1992?

Maybe a half of each?

And can the entire crowd be unicorns, just while we're making shit up?

Apart from throw ins, it was the same rule in 1992.

Not that the team of 1992 or today would ever consider passing backwards.

Wait, if the team of 1992, at that age, played today's team - would they play current passback/offside rules, or 1992?

Maybe a half of each?

And can the entire crowd be unicorns, just while we're making shit up?

Apart from throw ins, it was the same rule in 1992.

Not that the team of 1992 or today would ever consider passing backwards.

There were no such rules in 1992 and none today - football has Laws of the Game

i never saw Mason play a negative , backwward pass always get it forward,

anyway just as a comparison id love to see OUR current squad rip the Celtic tem of that year anew arsehole/

Bonner,

Marshall.

McNally , boyd, Gillespie, Mowbray, O Neil, wdowcyk,

McStay, collins, Payton, Slater, Grant, Vata, Galloway, Fulton

Miler, Coyne, Nicholas, Creaney, Hayes,

only players id rate from that squad. Tom Boyd, John Collins , Tommy Coyne, and charlie Nicholas,

recall how shite Payton Slater and Hayes were indeed did martin Hayes not once get " accidentally " locked in a teammates car and miss training, and no one noticed he wasnt there.

our current lot would handle that side,

Imagine Big Dunc in his prime putting his foot through the floater type footballs we use today? He'd destroy the cunt.

I dunno, we got a new mitre for sixes recently which was like heading cement. If any of you play with yer mates, I can recommend never getting this bastard ball unless you want to give the opposition brain damage:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OMS3PNU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've just noticed the word "Boom" subliminally appears in the URL too, which is funny, because that's the noise my brain cells made when I cleared the ball, Ash Taylor-esque from our end last Tuesday.

I was at the star jump celebration game.

Pumped the Tims 3 zip in their own grotty backyard.

Large terraced stand with Dons young and old tumbling down the front in an absolute frenzy trying to get a touch on that wonderful moustache.

I even remember what I was wearing.

Sunhat, baggy purple hooded top, huge flares and a pair of Etonic trainers.

It was my tried and tested going out kit in the #Summer of love. #1990

Was in the main stand wi a tim that day.

See me jumping up on the behind goal camera (looking back towards main stand) at 2 of the goals a think.

What a fucking hoot.

Edit:

3rd een at 4.53.

White T-shirt up like a rocket, just inside the post. :dance:

Had a nice sarcastic round of applause for Charlie Nic when he came off too.

Think that may have been why he was scowling in the YouTube preview. :P

Was in the main stand wi a tim that day.

See me jumping up on the behind goal camera (looking back towards main stand) at 2 of the goals a think.

What a fucking hoot.

Edit:

3rd een at 4.53.

White T-shirt up like a rocket, just inside the post. :dance:

Had a nice sarcastic round of applause for Charlie Nic when he came off too.

Think that may have been why he was scowling in the YouTube preview. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH5iL92CSDc

Observations:

1. Forgot how nice a strip that was

2. Pat Bonner was actually pretty shite.