Cammy Smith

Smith needs games, he wont progress much being an afterthought 3rd sub for 3 minutes every week........

There is/was talent there but he has't had a run of games or the chance to properly develop. thats not a dig at mcinness, Its got a lot to do with the step from U20s to full team amongst other things.

I don't think he's good as folk make out and the fact he nor the club know his best position speaks volumes.

He's better off elsewhere where he may find his best position and then kick on. His career at Aberdeen is going nowhere at this moment.

He's a talented footballer, no doubt about that. Doesn't stand out behind the forward. Doesn't look quick enough for the wing and appears too slight to play in the middle of the park against carthorses. Inclined to agree with you.

Look at the game stats of him starting and how many chances he's had... you'll be surprised. I was shocked at how many starts he's had.

22 starts in 5 seasons.

:hysterical:

He's clearly a talented player that has been poorly managed, because none of the mongs at our club in the past 15 years have shown that they know how to help a young player make the step up.

I think the thing with Cammy Smith is that he just isn't good enough, in my opinion. I get that people want him to be our Ryan Gauld but nothing he's done on the pitch has shown he has the ability to play at this level. He's not a striker, he's not a false nine, he's definitely not a winger and doesn't seem to have the profile for a holding midfielder. A loan with a club like United is the best thing for all concerned right now.

22 starts in 5 seasons. You are seriously arguing that is enough to have proven himself? If 22 in a row might be more reasonable. Good player, loan probably best. He needs a lot of game time

They're good stats for some of the players rangers are being linked to be signing

If the daily record can do a 5 page spread on how wonderful a player is and how brilliant he will be so surely we can put forward an opinion?

I don't think he's good as folk make out and the fact he nor the club know his best position speaks volumes.

He's better off elsewhere where he may find his best position and then KICK ON. His career at Aberdeen is going nowhere at this moment.

He's had many starts for the club, the whole 'only getting 3 mins sub time here and there' is nonsense.

He's started a lot for us and he's just not as good as folk make out.

I think a loan is best option but he needs to KICK ON and sharpish or its tatties for his dons career.

TWICE????? You doing that on purpose?? :(

I agree with those who don't see much ability in Smith. I dont really see much point in loaning him out now, too late. Maybe if we had done 2 years ago, he MIGHT have ammounted to something but I think it's better if he goes now.

Remember that late equaliser away v ICT in Sept 2012? I had huge hopes for the lad but he just hasn't kicked on and if he had ability, we'd have surely seen it in some the 22 games he's started plus numerous appearances off the bench.

Don't like saying that cos I like to see the local players doing well.

No better than Jamie Masson

Is a season long loan for the duration of his contract not even better than releasing him. Probably cheaper than negotiating his release and still leaves the upside of us acquiring a transfer fee for him over either of the next two transfer windows

I don't think we'll learn anything more by letting Rogers go back to Falkirk nor Smith to United. Rogers can only be considered serious for a shot at the no1 jersey after a spell in an SPL side. Same goes for Smith really, he could drop a level and play out of his skin but it doesn't mean he's any good for us. McKenna fair enough, he's maybe got more time on his side.