Cup Final Tickets

1 50/50 split

It's been a 50/50 split for years.

2 toss for what end of the ground

Why do people care so much about what end we get?

Celtic want the east side.

The only reason any Aberdeen fan wants the east side is just because they like a fucking moan. The pubs are better at the west side, access is better, the toilets are better and it's a bigger allocation. And if it's an afternoon kick-off the sun shines in your eyes at the east stand.

3 no fans on top of other fans (get it in the rule book)

Why?

4 on police advice because of safety/segregation (if any ground has to have say 60/40 split because of this its a coin toss to see who gets the 60%

Irrelevant because that's not an issue.

5 ban any papers that have 7 pages of the old firm and only one of Aberdeen on cup final day

What happened to freedom of press?

6 pressure tv companies to have a balanced team of pundits not 3 from Celtic and someone who once drove past Aberdeen

See above. And these TV companies are paying millions - I don't think the SFA can turn round and demand what pundits they use.

7 pressure tv companies to give the same amount of lead up time to all matches as old firm games

See above

8 complain about refs that dont give old firm players so much cards because of the so called volatile nature of the game (this affects all clubs as said players are not banned from games like the rest of teams

?? Complain!

p.s any more little things that are just accepted as normal

One things for sure, you're not accepted as normal.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'll play devils advocate and for the first time in 6 years take the SFAs side in this. They've done the right thing for once. Geography has to come into it simply because of where Hampden is (which is of course a whole other equally valid argument). Celtic want the East end. I get that. It probably makes more sense that we get the West anyway. As long as we get first dibs on the closest to 50:50 that one side demanding an end allows* then that is fair as is Celtic demanding more if (and I suspect when) we can't sell them.

* including the necessary rule about one support being on a tier above the other. It isn't required for all supports and aberdeen and Celtic wouldn't be the worst by far but you're simply making a rod for your own back applying it to one situation but not another.

• Upvote 1

@@Panda

I often think you get a rough ride on here but you're talking pish about "the ends" issue. No team should have an end in what is supposed to be a neautral ground. It's got nothing to do with Aberdeen fans moaning.

It's a final, no club should ever been seen to be favoured.

For talking pish see Caley's post(s).

@@Panda

I often think you get a rough ride on here but you're talking pish about "the ends" issue. No team should have an end in what is supposed to be a neautral ground. It's got nothing to do with Aberdeen fans moaning.

We overlooking that we got our end? Bastarding SFA giving both teams what they wanted.

I'll play devils advocate and for the first time in 6 years take the SFAs side in this. They've done the right thing for once. Geography has to come into it simply because of where Hampden is (which is of course a whole other equally valid argument). Celtic want the East end. I get that. It probably makes more sense that we get the West anyway. As long as we get first dibs on the closest to 50:50 that one side demanding an end allows* then that is fair as is Celtic demanding more if (and I suspect when) we can't sell them.

* including the necessary rule about one support being on a tier above the other. It isn't required for all supports and aberdeen and Celtic wouldn't be the worst by far but you're simply making a rod for your own back applying it to one situation but not another.

I would argue that travelling if you are travelling into Hampden, then the east end would be better for non Glasgow teams as it is easier to get onto the motorway system.

The main problem as I see it is the built in bias of the SFA, if we played Celtic we'd be in the west, Rangers in the east, Hibs in the west and Hearts in the east.

Surely this is wrong.

As I said, the Celtic Sevco thing I get. Parkhead is set up to get traffic away and onto the new motorway spur that they built 10 years ago (M74?). Like it or not the Hampden logistics are just an extension of that (and obviously that isn't a co-incidence either). Equally if we ever get the filth at Hampden the theory is the tims all stay in their hostels so we utilise the transport links referred to before, simultaneously keeping us away from the west end of the town (ignoring the rail issue obv). But I agree the Hibs Hertz thing makes no sense at all.

@@Panda

It doesn't increase/decrease your chances of winning what end you get.

The reason Celtic and Rangers get their ends is because they want them and request them. I doubt Aberdeen have ever requested an end.

The only way it would ever be an issue would be if St Mirren asked for the west stand (easier to get to Paisley) and were denied it with no sensible reason given. However, I can't find any links to them complaining when put in the east stand.

Coincidently, St Mirren get the west v Hearts in 2013, which puts the "Hearts always get the west stand" stuff to bed.

It doesn't increase/decrease your chances of winning what end you get.

The reason Celtic and Rangers get their ends is because they want them and request them. I doubt Aberdeen have ever requested an end.

The only way it would ever be an issue would be if St Mirren asked for the west stand (easier to get to Paisley) and were denied it with no sensible reason given. However, I can't find any links to them complaining when put in the east stand.

Coincidently, St Mirren get the west v Hearts in 2013, which puts the "Hearts always get the west stand" stuff to bed.

Fair point about Hearts and the east end.

Quick question, did Rodgers make his statement about the tickets at a press conference and if so did any of the press pick him up on the fact that the east stand is his clubs preferred choice?

Same end every match since the Hibs semi in 2000? It's fucking ours. And it's bigger than theirs.

If we ever get the new huns at Hampden the club should demand we get that end as we've historically got a bigger claim to it, having been in it more times ken.

Guest RosemountRed

If we ever get the new huns at Hampden the club should demand we get that end as we've historically got a bigger claim to it, having been in it more times ken.

We'll be back in the Catholic end if we ever play the Huns.

Rogers really enjoys this big fish in a small pond scenario, the prick never shuts the f**k up

He sanctimoniously invited Hartley over for a chat when he got the sack from Dundee. The condescending cunt needs to learn that anyone on this forum, with the exception of Shooftahmooftah, could win a treble with Celtics budget. Give the smarmy prick a level playing field and we all know where he ends up - out on his arse.

• Upvote 2

There would surely be no better feeling than the dons beating this arrogant tossers and removing the smarmy smirk off Rodgers' plastic coupon. He speaks like he's the greatest gaffer on earth. He looks like a walking advert for an American pharmaceutical company and probably smells like a boots counter. His fisogue will resemble a used candle should the dons win in the basking sunshine on the 27th.

• Upvote 1

There would surely be no better feeling than the dons beating this arrogant tossers and removing the smarmy smirk off Rodgers' plastic coupon. He speaks like he's the greatest gaffer on earth. He looks like a walking advert for an American pharmaceutical company and probably smells like a boots counter. His fisogue will resemble a used candle should the dons win in the basking sunshine on the 27th.

Fair to say the party will be still be gan a week later.

The club have announced a singing section.

Well actually, they haven't. They've let Dons supporters together announce it in a bid to get it to as small an audience as possible, not bothered advertising it on their ticket bulletin, and have only given the back of section B1.

Sure it'll be a huge success.