Will Christie Sign?

I really doubt that he is on £7k a week.

I can't remember what he's on exactly but I vaguely remember somewhere around that figure, possibly even more, being mentioned to me.

Aberdeen are paying him a fraction of his wages, Celtic paying the rest. See above post as to why.

Try four times the wages.

Peter Lawwell wanted Aberdeen to pay the full whack, and the Dons were ready to withdraw the loan deal. Brendan Rodgers stepped in and convinced Lawwell to let Aberdeen pay whatever they could afford because the money wasn't an issue, he wanted him to play games, and big ones at that.

Rodgers rates him highly, he won't be for sale (I would highly doubt it anyway). However, an extended loan wouldn't surprise me as Christie is still a year away from breaking into the Celtic team regularly.

I can't remember what he's on exactly but I vaguely remember somewhere around that figure, possibly even more, being mentioned to me.

Aberdeen are paying him a fraction of his wages, Celtic paying the rest. See above post as to why.

If wer're talking about him as a replacement for McGinn. There is no fkn way he is on as much as FOUR times his wage.

He was taken in as a loan signing with the little left over wage budget we had available for a loan signing. Probably pennies is all we had to spend.

McGinns wage would go a long way to securing Christies services on loan for another season if we cannot find a suitable full time replacement for him.

Yeah his wage will be less than what Chritstie likely is on but only by a couple of grand a week. There is no way he's on four times his wage.

He's not really kicked on at Celtic though and he's started something like a half dozen games for them in 2 seasons so wouldn't be completely unrealistic for his next contract to be for a bit less.

Why he'd want to do that half way through a contract rather than at the end, I'm not so sure though.

As soon as you said the fatal phrase "kicked on" I ignored anything you said.......

It's been a decent move, I think mcinnes has fitted him in as much as possible. I was really impressed with him as the loan has gone on. Shame be can't play in final for obvious reasons. I dont think we will be fortunate enough to get him on loan next season.

It all depends who Celtic sign really.

I imagine they'll try and get a few new guys in on big money as they'll be looking to go further in the CL (and they're loaded).

If they sign someone of the Scott Sinclair ilk again I can't see there being much room for Christie.

Can only see it if Kenny McLean doesn't sign a new contract in the summer and we cash in before we lose him for nothing. It's mainly because of McLean's good form that Christie has rarely started during his loan spell. McLean's departure + fee would make the Christie move possible/sensible.

Agree on some of the comments above that there is no fucking way that christie earns four times more than mcginns new offer and i would even be surprised if it was double.

Four times more than we wanted to contribute to get him on loan. aye by all means I can believe that bit

No, I dont thin he will sign and no Celtic wont let us buy him off them either, not at a price we can afford anyway.

The only way we'll get a player like Christie - young, gifted, good on the ball and lots of potential - is if we raise one ourselves or manage to pinch one from the likes of Hamilton before Celtic and Rangers get hold of them. Not having our own training facilities must make it a lot harder for us to attract and raise our own as well which will also not help when trying to sign a player like Christie. I'm just guessing but I'd say that our youngsters like Wright would be a bit further on now than they are if we had a proper training facility and we had the ability to completely manage their development both on and off the pitch in a training centre.

We'll be shopping about looking for like for like replacements or as good as for McGinn and co. When McGinn goes we'll look for another ex SPFL player that has not made it in England but will be able to do a job for us in the premier. If Stevie May is surplus to requirements at Preston NE then he'll be the player we'll be looking to sign to replace McGinn.

Even before you factor in whether we can afford him and if Celtic would sell to us, it depends on how the lad feels. Seems to have loved his time here, but he'd be leaving Celtic with a whimper if he didn't give it another go there.

Whilst he isn't even a bit part player at Celtic and wouldn't weaken them, they know it would significantly strengthen us.

Even before you factor in whether we can afford him and if Celtic would sell to us, it depends on how the lad feels. Seems to have loved his time here, but he'd be leaving Celtic with a whimper if he didn't give it another go there.

Whilst he isn't even a bit part player at Celtic and wouldn't weaken them, they know it would significantly strengthen us.

Im not convinced us strengthening significantly will particularly weaken them either.

Bastards.

I think he'll be here, whether it's on loan or permanent I'm not sure yet but moves are being made and DM is confident.

As long as we know one way or other early on. Last thing we want is to be strung along by those cunts until last day of window & end up signing yet another dud from bottom of barrel.