1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

29 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We’ve discussed this 

And you were told the first time, NO!

Sacked everywhere he’s been, & anyone on here could’ve managed the filth when he was there for most of his time there. 
The minute he had a decent challenge, he lost the plot, & was sacked.

Sadly, I do think he’d be a front runner though. 

Not much managers aren’t sacked from every job 

2 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I thought we were all about the history etc? Or aren’t we? It’s so confusing, it’s almost like our fans have wild knee-jerk reactions to everything.

I preferred the dons before the likes of you came along. Even though we were shit. We were united in being shit

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Dundee or bust for me.

Have said it from start that DC's prawcess was total pish and that he has lied through his teeth about the Glass appointment all along.

At present we are heading at some speed in one direction.

I voted with my wallet at the start of season and didn't renew my season ticket for first time in donkey's years.

There is something about DC I just cannot take to or trust, and that is saying something following years of Wiggie Milne.

This mess is going to take some sorting, especially if DC remains in position.

Mark my words he is every bit as big a problem as his puppet Glass is!!

44 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You're conflicted though due to your reliance on inside info for your itk status. 

Not really, there's a few things I can see what he's trying to do that if they work will see us better off but it's hard to shout about them when we are struggling to put points on the board.  I can't see a manager we can get that will improve on this, I also think that we'd have struggled this season whether McInnes was still here, Glass got the job or someone else got it, there's a lot of changes happening and they take time to fully implement and work.

3 minutes ago, minijc said:

Not really, there's a few things I can see what he's trying to do that if they work will see us better off but it's hard to shout about them when we are struggling to put points on the board.  I can't see a manager we can get that will improve on this, I also think that we'd have struggled this season whether McInnes was still here, Glass got the job or someone else got it, there's a lot of changes happening and they take time to fully implement and work.

He's playing a 433 and trying to get the full backs forward to get an extra man in wide areas.  Hardly rocket science. 

What are these 'things' he is trying that are going to see us better off? 

11 minutes ago, minijc said:

So his plan is to have more central midfielders than any other club in the country and that Gurr and Jenks are the future of modern football. You’re seeing something that isn’t there

1 minute ago, Crossbow said:

So his plan is to have more central midfielders than any other club in the country and that Gurr and Jenks are the future of modern football. You’re seeing something that isn’t there

And there's not a single manager that can do a better job for us just now than Glass apparently. 

Mind boggling stuff. 

20 minutes ago, Poodler said:

I preferred the dons before the likes of you came along. Even though we were shit. We were united in being shit

We weren’t really. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

8 people are happy for this to carry on for a full season? 

Holy fuck 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

And there's not a single manager that can do a better job for us just now than Glass apparently. 

Mind boggling stuff. 

You need to stop taking the internet so seriously.

24 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Dundee or bust for me.

Have said it from start that DC's prawcess was total pish and that he has lied through his teeth about the Glass appointment all along.

At present we are heading at some speed in one direction.

I voted with my wallet at the start of season and didn't renew my season ticket for first time in donkey's years.

There is something about DC I just cannot take to or trust, and that is saying something following years of Wiggie Milne.

This mess is going to take some sorting, especially if DC remains in position.

Mark my words he is every bit as big a problem as his puppet Glass is!!

He's our Romanov ?

BELIEVE!

spacer.png

1 hour ago, scottymc said:

Glass was not the best candidate. Honest to fuck. Does that Colgate arse think we are all stupid!

Glass is never a 1st team manager. He’s managed ABSOLUTELY NO-ONE!!  Yet he’s given the gig of a team fighting to get to the group stages of European competition. Absolute madness. 

Get this experiment to fuck and put a manager who knows what he is doing in there. I don’t give a shiny shite if it’s Davidson, Alex Neil etc etc. Just sort out our season or we are going to be fighting relegation.

We aren’t even playing attractive attacking football either. It’s been absolutely shite. It’s like McInnes but even worse in defence. 

Neil Lennon incoming?

Sack right away for me although I think the board will take the option of reviewing at the end of October. A win against Dundee might make them kick the can down the road a bit but if he takes less than 3 points from Dundee, Hibs, sevco and Hearts then they surely cannot let him carry on any further.

Neil would be my choice but he might be too expensive and he was definitely asked if he was interested in the Celtic job not that long after Preston bulleted him and was quite unequivocal that he wanted to stay in England. But we could only ask and if he said no then look elsewhere. I really don't think Lennon would be considered....he's done nothing of any note other than at Celtic and he even managed to make a cunt of that in short order second time around.

My hunch is that the board would appoint Brown as manager, but bring in an experienced assistant alongside. Maybe if they's done this with Glass things might have turned out differently.

41 minutes ago, scottymc said:

I think we have to be very careful about the ‘giving it time’ school of thought.

we could very well be dragged into a relegation battle by the end of October. 

How long is too long is the problem? The league is a lot stronger this year which doesn’t help either 

The league isn't stronger at all we are just alot worse as are both Celtic and Rangers. 

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Sack right away for me although I think the board will take the option of reviewing at the end of October. A win against Dundee might make them kick the can down the road a bit but if he takes less than 3 points from Dundee, Hibs, sevco and Hearts then they surely cannot let him carry on any further.

Neil would be my choice but he might be too expensive and he was definitely asked if he was interested in the Celtic job not that long after Preston bulleted him and was quite unequivocal that he wanted to stay in England. But we could only ask and if he said no then look elsewhere. I really don't think Lennon would be considered....he's done nothing of any note other than at Celtic and he even managed to make a cunt of that in short order second time around.

My hunch is that the board would appoint Brown as manager, but bring in an experienced assistant alongside. Maybe if they's done this with Glass things might have turned out differently.

Scott Brown as manager? Surely not. 
He has even less coaching experience than Glass.

They might do that on an interim basis. Him & Barry Robson maybe.

But I’d think that would be temporary until a permanent replacement was found. 

Here’s hoping we can somehow get 9 or 10 points out the next 12 to make the thread redundant (nae laughing at the back now!). 

39 minutes ago, scottymc said:

There must have been some really good candidates. Even Maloney would have been a risk but he’s at least been working with top level footballers and managers. 

It’s not someone who’s worked with top level players we need. It’s someone who can work with a squad comprised mainly of limited , mediocre players.  With the priority being to somehow get us to a level where the opposition actually have to work hard to score against us. 

• Upvote 1