Russ Richardson

9 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Think you’ve got that one in the bag.
I’ll just stick to worst patter and driving to my destination and not taking the bus ??

Even more stinking patter

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Kennedy would be a McInnes pick rather than a Richardson pick I'd have thought. 

Who knows. 

They both rate the same type of player. 

Journeyman with limited ability that run around a lot. 

It's the Aberdeen way.

26 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

You're doing that thing again,  where you grossly exaggerate and make things up in a vain attempt to prove your point. Try debating like a grown up,  or if you're gonna talk pish at least inject some humour. 

That’s the third time in a short space of time you’ve been foaming at the mouth over one of my posts. Is there something wrong with you? Do you regularly get upset on the internet or are you just tired and emotional?

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think we can rest assured Atlanta’s rejects will find their way here. 

Just listened to the YouTube thing just now & Atlanta were mentioned about 4 times when mentioning recruitment & scouting. 

You'd think there's no real need to bring someone in from there though as we should have that market already covered through the 'relationship'.  Someone from Europe would be a better choice and give us that balance. 

I'm not hugely enamoured by Steven Gunn either tbh.  Doesn't give off a leadership vibe at all. 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

McInnes will have known all about Kennedy. 

I’m assuming the English lads or players signed from the English lower leagues were Richardson.

Any players up here I’m assuming McInnes “scouted”. 

If your manager needs someone to spot the best players in the same league that he plays 4 times a season then you're pretty fucked 

4 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

That’s the third time in a short space of time you’ve been foaming at the mouth over one of my posts. Is there something wrong with you? Do you regularly get upset on the internet or are you just tired and emotional?

That you exaggerating and making things up again?  You need to up your game chum. Dreadful contributor. 

16 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think we can rest assured Atlanta’s rejects will find their way here. 

Just listened to the YouTube thing just now & Atlanta were mentioned about 4 times when mentioning recruitment & scouting. 

I said on the transfer rumour thread they keep hinting at using the budget differently which i can only take to mean accepting a couple of spare atlanta players, promoting a few youngsters quicker than mcinnes would have done meaning the budget can go further to get a couple of marquee players in to try and make a difference

Anyway the most exciting thing about the recruitment change is the new guy having the remit to cast the net worldwide.

Beyond that I dont think its the worst thing that they'll be expected to work collaboratively with Atlanta. Whether that means looking at a striker theyve seen but are not going to go for, accepting a couple of their spare players, or babysitting a signing for 6-12 months (probably dont so that again in next 2 years)

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Anyway the most exciting thing about the recruitment change is the new guy having the remit to cast the net worldwide.

Beyond that I dont think its the worst thing that they'll be expected to work collaboratively with Atlanta. Whether that means looking at a striker theyve seen but are not going to go for, accepting a couple of their spare players, or babysitting a signing for 6-12 months (probably dont so that again in next 2 years)

Hope he castanets in Spain & Brazil 

Richardson was an awful for us.

8 years, and Cosgrove (and soon Ferguson) are the only signing during that time we’ve moved on for money. Is that right? Or am I forgetting any? 

He gets zero credit from me for identifying guys we signed from the SPFL like Shinnie and McLean. Obvious signings any idiot could identify. 

6 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Richardson was an awful for us.

8 years, and Cosgrove (and soon Ferguson) are the only signing during that time we’ve moved on for money. Is that right? Or am I forgetting any? 

He gets zero credit from me for identifying guys we signed from the SPFL like Shinnie and McLean. Obvious signings any idiot could identify. 

Cosgrove £2M and Stockley £0.6M (cos he was free, then sold, then sell on fee kicked in) are the biggest success stories I think. There are some stories that are ok; Taylor the first time, Hedges, and Joe Lewis for example.

Obviously quite a few of the loans will be from watching all the u23 games and absolute fair fucks on identifying and getting us Maddison. It's a shame we couldn't utilise him better and have persuaded him to stay longer

The Ferguson family approached AFC about Lewis being available so he was not unearthed.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

I said on the transfer rumour thread they keep hinting at using the budget differently which i can only take to mean accepting a couple of spare atlanta players, promoting a few youngsters quicker than mcinnes would have done meaning the budget can go further to get a couple of marquee players in to try and make a difference

Aye possibly.

Would explain the links to the lad Burr, their 3rd or 4th choice right back. 

Gallagher & Brown won’t be cheap & we have to hope there are maybe another couple at that level incoming. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You'd think there's no real need to bring someone in from there though as we should have that market already covered through the 'relationship'.  Someone from Europe would be a better choice and give us that balance. 

I'm not hugely enamoured by Steven Gunn either tbh.  Doesn't give off a leadership vibe at all. 

Steven Gunn  I’m neither here nor there about.

What is a key appointment is the new Head of Recruitment. 

12 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

We paid Hamilton 375K for Ferguson, and the undisclosed fee we paid Carlisle was between 20K and 40K.

Ok, that doesn't change my point, though.