Guilty Pleasures

Jones

I'm not ashamed to say i saw his concert at Pittodrie and it was brilliant. A fantastic showman.

Still a big gaylord though :laughing:

You really should remember your antecedents, but more particularly your anaphoric expressions ;)

I'M not ashamed... I saw his concert....

...still a big gaylord, though

:gay:

:thumbs:

I'm not ashamed to say i saw his concert at Pittodrie and it was brilliant. A fantastic showman.

Still a big gaylord though

Me too. It was brilliant. And I would go and see him again.

I love Song for Guy.

I remember being with a friend and we were singing Don't let the sun go down on me and he roared out, ladies and gentlemen mister George Michael. Fucking mong hasn't been allowed to forget that one.

Crocodile rock to get a party started.

your song is my karaoke song

classic

Had a wee chuckle seeing thread title "Guilty Pleasures" and last poster "Millertime" you've no guilt! laughing.gif

Canna help but like some of his songs. But when he's talking about what you think is a bird it's a bloke. I reckon his songs should come with the lyrics and the straight translation.

Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band <"la lady" code for bloke, hint he wears jeans

Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man < jizzed in your eye, you'll marry me

Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand < Ballerina (his gay friend), look at the girl dancing

And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand < in me... need I explain? the tiny dancer is his cock (in his hand, i.e. hand job)

Jesus freaks out in the street < god doesn't approve

Handing tickets out for God < we're not getting in

Turning back she just laughs < he doesn't care

The boulevard is not that bad < fuck it hell will be ok

Piano man he makes his stand < and bloke kneels in front

In the auditorium < just felt kinky

Looking on she sings the songs < he knows what he's doing

The words she knows the tune she hums < flobalob

But oh how it feels so real < nearly there

Lying here with no one near < same

Only you and you can hear me < same

When I say softly slowly < same

Hold me closer tiny dancer < rip my arse open

Count the headlights on the highway < as I sook you dry

Lay me down in sheets of linen < same

you had a busy day today < let me relive you

Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band <"la lady" code for bloke, hint he wears jeans

Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man < jizzed in your eye, you'll marry me

Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand < Ballerina (his gay friend), look at the girl dancing

And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand < in me... need I explain? the tiny dancer is his cock (in his hand, i.e. hand job)

Ohh I see, local celeb is he?

I frequent filthy's and the upstairs nights in bells bar when i'm out in the deen... He's not the emo guy with the tattoos on his arms who goes to filthy's by himself, sings one god awful emo song in a high pitched screech then leaves again? :)

Had a wee chuckle seeing thread title "Guilty Pleasures" and last poster "Millertime" you've no guilt! laughing.gif

Canna help but like some of his songs. But when he's talking about what you think is a bird it's a bloke. I reckon his songs should come with the lyrics and the straight translation.

except it was Bernie Taupin that wrote the lyrics, not Elton John. and as far as i've ever heard, Taupin wasn't gay.

rumour has it... The "Blue jean baby, LA Lady, seamstress for the band" sure sounds like it's Maxine Feibelmann, who was Bernie Taupin's girlfriend when he wrote the song and who became his first wife in 1971. She traveled with the band on their early tours, often sewing together the costumes and fixing their clothes. Plus, on the Madman Across The Water album, it says, "With love to Maxine" under the credits for this song. Elton John even said at one point that Bernie wrote it about his girlfriend.

Well, Taupin says that the song was not about Maxine. Here's the story he tells: "We came to California in the fall of 1970, and sunshine radiated from the populace. I was trying to capture the spirit of that time, encapsulated by the women we met - especially at the clothes stores up and down the Strip in L.A. They were free spirits, sexy in hip-huggers and lacy blouses, and very ethereal, the way they moved. So different from what I'd been used to in England. And they all wanted to sew patches on your jeans. They'd mother you and sleep with you - it was the perfect Oedipal complex."

Taupin adds that the "tiny" was poetic license, although these women were all petite. And "Tiny Dancer" sounds a lot better than "Small Dancer" or "Little Dancer."

except it was Bernie Taupin that wrote the lyrics, not Elton John. and as far as i've ever heard, Taupin wasn't gay.

rumour has it... The "Blue jean baby, LA Lady, seamstress for the band" sure sounds like it's Maxine Feibelmann, who was Bernie Taupin's girlfriend when he wrote the song and who became his first wife in 1971. She traveled with the band on their early tours, often sewing together the costumes and fixing their clothes. Plus, on the Madman Across The Water album, it says, "With love to Maxine" under the credits for this song. Elton John even said at one point that Bernie wrote it about his girlfriend.

Well, Taupin says that the song was not about Maxine. Here's the story he tells: "We came to California in the fall of 1970, and sunshine radiated from the populace. I was trying to capture the spirit of that time, encapsulated by the women we met - especially at the clothes stores up and down the Strip in L.A. They were free spirits, sexy in hip-huggers and lacy blouses, and very ethereal, the way they moved. So different from what I'd been used to in England. And they all wanted to sew patches on your jeans. They'd mother you and sleep with you - it was the perfect Oedipal complex."

Taupin adds that the "tiny" was poetic license, although these women were all petite. And "Tiny Dancer" sounds a lot better than "Small Dancer" or "Little Dancer."

Boo I don't like my drunken shite banter getting called out, though the comment about wanting to fuck his mum is a bit weird. laughing.gif I do feel enriched knowing that though.

Dervish, I wasn't sure about your translation of Tiny Dancer but near spluttered my tea when I read yer translation near the end for " Hold me closer Tiny Dancer " :hysterical:

Ken he's a sickly gay fruitcake but he used to deliver a good tune. Dinna believe he's written anything good for a good ten years or so, maybe twinty.

I bought Captain Fantastic back in the day and fairly like Bitter Fingers, Someone Saved My Life Tonight and Better Off Dead, although I was a bit pissed aff that Philadelphia Freedom wisnae on it.

It's added on the CD though, which sort of maks the album complete.

Artwork is ace, especially on the gatefold album sleeve.

• 1 month later...