Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I know he'd probably be happy to sit back and see if he gets his point. Which he inevitably won't if he tries those tactics again. 

They know exactly what is coming which is why it's worth trying something different.  But then we don't really have the personnel to try anything too different as all his players are facsimiles of each other. 

'So we go with what we've got'

But when you see other teams beat these cunts you think for fucks sake come on. 

I get the impression McInnes frets all week about how to stop the Tims, instead of spending at least half the week working on how to get in about them and beat them.

They've rarely been more vulnerable yet he makes them look good, like they did the first half hour last week. 

Just be aggressive right from the start & have a go FFS. 

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I get the impression McInnes frets all week about how to stop the Tims, instead of spending at least half the week working on how to get in about them and beat them.

They've rarely been more vulnerable yet he makes them look good, like they did the first half hour last week. 

Even when we had a good team he often picked a team with 6 defenders against them. 

Difference now is he's only got 3 defenders that he picks on a regular basis. Hoban and Considine look absolutely knackered but there's nobody to give them a rest. 

It's the most unbalanced squad I've ever seen us have. 

29 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Even when we had a good team he often picked a team with 6 defenders against them. 

Difference now is he's only got 3 defenders that he picks on a regular basis. Hoban and Considine look absolutely knackered but there's nobody to give them a rest. 

It's the most unbalanced squad I've ever seen us have. 

If he leaves in the summer he’s leaving behind one hell of a mess.

The new manager will need around 9-10 new players.

That’s why we shouldn’t fanny about & make the change asap. 

34 minutes ago, Roberto said:

You'd think we would have learnt from VVD days, nope.

Well must catch on when Denayer did it, nope.

Okay okay, DEFO when Boyata did it, okay... nope.

Now, we might get somewhere here, catch on to it when Julien did it, oh... Fuck...

Ajer SURELY it must be picked up on then, SURELY... SHIRLEY SURELY. Ah... I give up then.

Maybe he was hoping Duffy was going to try it.

1 hour ago, NEM said:

I wish some cunt would man mark Ajer - might save him running 60 yards with the ball unchallenged

Michael Stewart called it on Sportscene earlier. The Ross County forward stuck tight to Ajer so he couldn't take the ball out of defence and ended up playing sideways to the flanks. The way Celtic were set up they had no great quality out wide so it killed a lot of their threat. 

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Agreed. Said that on here several times. He’s like that against almost all opposition though, which has become more apparent as the years have gone on. This is a shite Celtic team. We were decent last week when we took the game to them. But why, oh why do we need to go through the overly thought pantomime, then go a goal down before we have a go. Every time we man mark against them, or half press, Ajer is the spare man. Makes the mink look like fucken socrates (Brazilian version that smoked c1982)

4 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Thats us as good as qualified for the ECL QR2 tonight.

St Mirren 12 Points behind and poorer GD with 24 Points to play for.

Epic epic fuck up not getting third this season but qualifying for europe 8 years on the bounce is more than decent

So you are just automatically ignoring Livi & jumping down to say St Mirren can’t catch us

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

So you are just automatically ignoring Livi & jumping down to say St Mirren can’t catch us

He's thinking (and is probably correct), that 5th place this season will get that ECL QR2 spot, due to the Scottish cup not concluding prior to the spots being handed out. 

1 hour ago, Macski said:

He's thinking (and is probably correct), that 5th place this season will get that ECL QR2 spot, due to the Scottish cup not concluding prior to the spots being handed out. 

Yip - finishing 4th or 5th this season makes very little difference other than slight difference in prize money.  Both into Europe at same stage

21 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Well sarcasm aside I think the mood is much improved after Hibs defeat yesterday.

Matters not a bit. This side will never catch them. Effectively they are five points ahead of us still with a game in hand.

McInnes will be happy with 4th (which is far from guaranteed)  & make all kinds of ‘poor me’ excuses to justify this delight

4 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Matters not a bit. This side will never catch them. Effectively they are five points ahead of us still with a game in hand.

McInnes will be happy with 4th (which is far from guaranteed)  & make all kinds of ‘poor me’ excuses to justify this delight

Lets see what happens in the five games pre split.

If we can fluke a win against old foes Hamilton then we keep our season alive for another two weeks.

If we beat Accies and Hibs drop points in one of their two games in that time then we are interested in gameweek 33 to see what happens.

I think we need to win 6/7 which takes us to 66 points.

That allows Hibs to get 13 points and finish on 65 points. 4 wins, 1 draw and 3 defeats.

Fairly impossible but it's not a write off until Ojkempo nods home on Saturday or Lewis lets us down again by for the fourth time this season throwing one in the net. Sack the goalie.

16 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I think we need to win 6/7 which takes us to 66 points.

Would need to win 7/7 to avoid it being McInnes' worst ever points total at the Dons. 

I'm not counting the 19-20 season, but that was averaging a really shit 57 points for the 38 games. 

1 hour ago, Henry said:

Would need to win 7/7 to avoid it being McInnes' worst ever points total at the Dons. 

I'm not counting the 19-20 season, but that was averaging a really shit 57 points for the 38 games. 

I don't think the final points tally is going to matter. McInnes is leaving and it's when not if.

We need to win both of the next two to have any realistic chance of making the Hibs game after the split meaningful. 

In previous seasons I would be fairly confident we could do that but unfortunately I don't go into any game confident of 3 points now. 

We can't just expect Hibs to collapse. And even if they do we've still got points to make up. We've also got a pathetic goal difference of +2 compared to their +13.

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

We need to win both of the next two to have any realistic chance of making the Hibs game after the split meaningful. 

In previous seasons I would be fairly confident we could do that but unfortunately I don't go into any game confident of 3 points now. 

We can't just expect Hibs to collapse. And even if they do we've still got points to make up. We've also got a pathetic goal difference of +2 compared to their +13.

Our 3-0 win over Hibs will make a dent in that.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

4 out of 6 I reckon.

a 1-0 v Hamilton & a 0-0 v the Dundee Utd.

They’re goal difference effectively means we’re 5 behind them and they have a game in hand.