Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

2 minutes ago, sigh said:

Plant herbs in pots or straight in the soil, dont need a greenhouse

Plant veg in bags, otherwise they will just get eaten by worms/slugs/other beasties

I have some herbs outside, but thinking more fragile things like coriander etc, don’t really have a space for them in the house. 

1 minute ago, Redforever86 said:

I have some herbs outside, but thinking more fragile things like coriander etc, don’t really have a space for them in the house. 

Corriander is like mint - spreads like wildfire so best grown in a pot to contain

I just stick seed in compost in big pot, seems to grow every year

Good luck

2 minutes ago, sigh said:

Corriander is like mint - spreads like wildfire so best grown in a pot to contain

I just stick seed in compost in big pot, seems to grow every year

Good luck

Thanks. I’ve grown a few things over the years and helped my ma with a lot more so I’m ok with that tbh.

More on the structure, what ones are easiest to put together, if you need a wee foundation etc. 

On 3/5/2023 at 6:55 PM, Ke1t said:

Just off oot to get an electric chainsaw in a wee bit. 

What brand of electric chainsaw does everyone here have? 

Any I should be avoiding? Any must-haves? 

spacer.png

I've got a small chain saw from screw fix recently for about £50 does the job very well.

5 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I grew carrots once. They were utter crap. The biggest one was no longer than Tup’s cock. 

I tried carrots a few times, with the same result, not sure what I was doing wrong. Not going to try again, especially as they're so cheap in the supermarket.

27 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

I tried carrots a few times, with the same result, not sure what I was doing wrong. Not going to try again, especially as they're so cheap in the supermarket.

I’ll tell you my friend. They have to be in a sandy soil where they can stretch out and grow. I found this out during the inquiry after my feeble efforts. 

1 hour ago, daytripping said:

Why not petrol? 

I've already got a petrol chainsaw. Use it for heavy duty work on bigger trees. 

Wanted something lighter and smaller that I can throw in the Jeep as I've multiple tree limbs down here and other places that I need to chop up, but nothing I need the power of the petrol for. 

Ended up getting an Ego battery powered and a cheap corded chainsaw, and spend a few hours cleaning up from the storms of the last week. 

Another storm coming tomorrow, so likely back at it over the weekend. 

On 3/9/2023 at 3:03 PM, Redforever86 said:

Thinking about buying a mini sort of lean to greenhouse for growing veg and herbs. Any tips from the gardeners on here. Glass or polycarbonate etc. 

Aldi do/did a small greenhouse (4 ft high) that’s a pretty decent starting point. (Presuming you don’t want sometbing you can walk in to) 

Alternatively I’d just build one from timber & buy the polycarb stuff off eBay. Glass is a pain in the arse. 

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, 1903Fitba said:

Aldi do/did a small greenhouse (4 ft high) that’s a pretty decent starting point. (Presuming you don’t want sometbing you can walk in to) 

13 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Perfect for me ( pre-emptive strike before Hanz says it)

That would be like walking into a cathedral for you. 

• 2 weeks later...