Stovies

alscotoz

1 hour ago, JumboJET said:

Here's my effort

Untitled-Design.jpg

Needs more veg jumbo, leek, turnip, white onion, more carrot!, baby boilers don’t do the job as they retain shape due to the skin, need Maris pipers for the starch, breaks down and adds thickness(stodginess).

13 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

The Belmont and upstairs in The Broadhill Bar when they used to lay on massive pots of the stuff to warm up the troops. 

Scrumptious.

Never dabbled with the beetroot side though. That's for whiters. 

Used to get a plate of stovies at the argo bar on a Friday  whilst perusing the strippers

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Used to get a plate of stovies at the argo bar on a Friday  whilst perusing the strippers

Upstairs to paradise in The Agro. I didn't realise they let you peruse the strippers there. In Oh Henry's they only let you finger them. Golden times.

Had a fine roast leg of lamb for Sunday dinner the day, complete with gravy and all the trimmings - left overs will be made into Stovies tomorrow, wife muttered about lamb biryani but got her telt, Stovies it is - no sausage will be used in the Stovies!

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, sigh said:

Had a fine roast leg of lamb for Sunday dinner the day, complete with gravy and all the trimmings - left overs will be made into Stovies tomorrow, wife muttered about lamb biryani but got her telt, Stovies it is - no sausage will be used in the Stovies!

Lamb in stovies!! Are you Welsh yih cunt??

7 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Stovies are made with potatoes, beef dripping, beef, onions, salt and water. 

Anything else is deviating from the rulebook so the person using any other ingredient is by definition a deviant. That's not hate speech. That's just a fact. 

Stovies are made with whatever is left over - means it’s lamb stovies for me the day

If that makes me a deviant then so be it