British Olympic Football Team

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I lived in the Isle of Man, my neighbour was a Hun, in fact he helped run the IoM Loyal. However decent bloke for all that.

So one day we're watching a Scotland game, when conversation strays to Scotland win World Cup or Dons/Huns win the CL - which would you have?

Now for me I thought it was easy, as the World Cup is the pinnacle of football, and so did he. To my astonishment (sheltered life before the internet opened my eyes) he said probably the majority of Huns thought otherwise, which neither of us could fathom.

I qualified that by stating that I could never imagine our fans being like that as I didn't know a single person who would say that.

Then came AFC chat, where not only did I discover fellow Dandies who shared the view of many Huns, but boasted of having no interest in the national team, and even worse actively pulling against it.

It as a point of view that I have absolutely no understanding of, never having met any such person in real life, I cannot even begin to understand what on earth could drive someone to be so bitter and twisted that they would rather see the Scottish team abolished than support it solely because some of its players play for the biggest two clubs in the country.

The laughable thing is, a view like that shows a mentality exactly like that of the bigot brothers we all so despise - if you support the Dons over Scotland, then fair enough, I don't understand it myself but do understand a lot of Dons fans do now think that way - but to actively wish that the Scotland team is no more for the reasons stated means you're no better than the worst Hun or Tim as far as I'm concerned.

Call me a pap if you like, pretty clear who the double-D mammary is though.

get to f**k you pap

i want a team gb as i'm british. and if it means no more scotland, i'm happy with that like. fed up going to watch that hun and tim b*stards for scotland, f**kin minks

was there need for the first part.

once again i'll ask the question which never gets answered by scots who dont like scotland.

who should scotland be picking players from?? hamilton and st mirren or the old firm??

Aberdeen over Scotland every time for me.

which is totally fair enough K-9. a few of my mates have the same thoughts on football. the only ones i dont get are those who would rather scotland was no more or actually want them to lose. i always thought this was more of an Old firm thing

which is totally fair enough K-9. a few of my mates have the same thoughts on football. the only ones i dont get are those who would rather scotland was no more or actually want them to lose. i always thought this was more of an Old firm thing

Just recently decided Scotland can kiss my arse. Mainly after SFA have told me i cannot be a Scotland fan as shut travel club. Used to go to all home games and went away to a few aswell and never joined travel club and never had problems getting a ticket. Now higher demand and Scotland close membership to travel club basically saying you can't be Scotland fan anymore (although still put out pleas when trynig to flog tickets for friendly matches that super exclusive travel club members don't buy).

As for the Scotland win world cup or Aberdeen the CL not even close for me, Aberdeen most definitely. Scotland in world cup final i wouldn't be there as no chance of ticket but Aberdeen in CL final i would be there.

Just recently decided Scotland can kiss my arse. Mainly after SFA have told me i cannot be a Scotland fan as shut travel club. Used to go to all home games and went away to a few aswell and never joined travel club and never had problems getting a ticket. Now higher demand and Scotland close membership to travel club basically saying you can't be Scotland fan anymore (although still put out pleas when trynig to flog tickets for friendly matches that super exclusive travel club members don't buy).

As for the Scotland win world cup or Aberdeen the CL not even close for me, Aberdeen most definitely. Scotland in world cup final i wouldn't be there as no chance of ticket but Aberdeen in CL final i would be there.

they are not saying you cant be a scotland fan K-9 - slightly dramatic

the demand is too high for tickets nowadays and they cant please evreyone. there will always be someone left dissappointed.

the same could be said for any team. season ticket holders at AFC like you get priority over guys like me. which is fair enough, its the same idea, pay your annual membership and get priority.

i dont see why its always got to be a choice. i dont have a preference between afc winning the CL and Scotland winning the world cup. i'd be over the moon with both scenarios.

they are not saying you cant be a scotland fan K-9 - slightly dramatic

the demand is too high for tickets nowadays and they cant please evreyone. there will always be someone left dissappointed.

the same could be said for any team. season ticket holders at AFC like you get priority over guys like me. which is fair enough, its the same idea, pay your annual membership and get priority.

i dont see why its always got to be a choice. i dont have a preference between afc winning the CL and Scotland winning the world cup. i'd be over the moon with both scenarios.

Point is they wont let me pay the money now as membership was closed when i applied as the SFA have capped membership.

Point is they wont let me pay the money now as membership was closed when i applied as the SFA have capped membership.

well they cant exactly have more members than tickets available can they???

what would be the poiint in paying a membership fee for tickets to be balloted for home games???

Aberdeen over Scotland every time for me.

This isn't an Aberdeen v Scotland discussion K9, we've had loads of them before. It's about the effect any team GB would have on the future of Scotland. By all means put the Dons above Scotland, but to actively pull for the extinction of the Scottish team? Are you in that camp?

As I said above.....

......... I cannot even begin to understand what on earth could drive someone to be so bitter and twisted that they would rather see the Scottish team abolished than support it solely because some of its players play for the biggest two clubs in the country.

The laughable thing is, a view like that shows a mentality exactly like that of the bigot brothers we all so despise - if you support the Dons over Scotland, then fair enough, I don't understand it myself but do understand a lot of Dons fans do now think that way - but to actively wish that the Scotland team is no more for the reasons stated means you're no better than the worst Hun or Tim as far as I'm concerned.

well they cant exactly have more members than tickets available can they???

Yes - why ever not?

what would be the poiint in paying a membership fee for tickets to be balloted for home games???

Points system, the same as away games?

Believe membership capped at 30,000 anyway.

This isn't an Aberdeen v Scotland discussion K9, we've had loads of them before. It's about the effect any team GB would have on the future of Scotland. By all means put the Dons above Scotland, but to actively pull for the extinction of the Scottish team? Are you in that camp?

Nope but if SFA HQ was to blow up with the whole organisation in it i would shed no tears!!

Yes - why ever not?

Points system, the same as away games?

you really are a little ray of sunshine right now K-9

i agree to disagree here K-9 but i'm sure you would have had an opportunity to pay an annual membership like those who have joined at some point but didnt take up the chance.

i wouldnt pay an annual fee for a point system for home games.

the problem lies with hampden itself. before when the ground held more fans this wasnt even an issue.

back on topic - f**k TEAM GB AND ALL ITS SUPPORTERS

you really are a little ray of sunshine right now K-9

i agree to disagree here K-9 but i'm sure you would have had an opportunity to pay an annual membership like those who have joined at some point but didnt take up the chance.

Absolutely correct. Went to ALL home games and most away and never had a problem getting a ticket so never bothered paying to join scheme not needed.

Now if i want to go to all games i have to pay and join scheme but won't let me join scheme so f**k em!!

i wouldnt pay an annual fee for a point system for home games.

If demand from members exceeded ticket numbers then i would most certainly agree but membership capped at 30,000 and 44000 tickets available minimum for all home fans at Hampden matches and obviously not all members will go to games.

the problem lies with hampden itself. before when the ground held more fans this wasnt even an issue.

Absolutely - another SFA f**k up.

back on topic - f**k TEAM GB

Agree with that aswell.

Absolutely correct. Went to ALL home games and most away and never had a problem getting a ticket so never bothered paying to join scheme not needed.

Now if i want to go to all games i have to pay and join scheme but won't let me join scheme so f**k em!!

If demand from members exceeded ticket numbers then i would most certainly agree but membership capped at 30,000 and 44000 tickets available minimum for all home fans at Hampden matches and obviously not all members will go to games.

Absolutely - another SFA f**k up.

Agree with that aswell.

so in actual fact its your own fault you cant get to scotland games.

so in actual fact its your own fault you cant get to scotland games.

Got to say K9, this is the case imo too, you had ample chance to join the Travel Club (ie. buy a season ticket), but you didn't, and now that all the "season tickets" are sold you're out in the cold.

If Aberdeen were in the position of say Man Utd, you'd have plenty fans saying the same as you, but instead about the Dons if they were to use the same logic.

Demand is exceeding supply, they have to regulate and prioritise somehow, you missed the chance to be one of the prioritised number.

Got to say K9, this is the case imo too, you had ample chance to join the Travel Club (ie. buy a season ticket), but you didn't, and now that all the "season tickets" are sold you're out in the cold.

If Aberdeen were in the position of say Man Utd, you'd have plenty fans saying the same as you, but instead about the Dons if they were to use the same logic.

Demand is exceeding supply, they have to regulate and prioritise somehow, you missed the chance to be one of the prioritised number.

Maybe so but going with the attitude of f**k Scotland and f**k the elitist tartan army.

Actually - you have changed your tune:

Munich tickets:

It seems that supporter's clubs are getting all the tickets they have asked for.

I reckon that anyone who doesn't get isn't really deserving of a ticket.

Anyone who meets criteria will be getting one.

You know Tommy, you really are an arse, but at least in your own mind you're a super important "Top Red".
Actually - you have changed your tune:

Munich tickets:

Think you've taken that out of context as I was never goiung to munich? :poster_oops: You can point me to the thread if you like, but I imagine my line was more against the "anyone deserving a ticket will get one", which was clearly not going to be the case, unless you say that casual fans don't deserve to go. I've never disagreed with a priority system, particularly if it favours ST holders first. That doesn't make them "better" or "more deserving" imo, it does mean they should get first crack of the whip.
Think you've taken that out of context as I was never goiung to munich? :poster_oops: You can point me to the thread if you like, but I imagine my line was more against the "anyone deserving a ticket will get one", which was clearly not going to be the case, unless you say that casual fans don't deserve to go. I've never disagreed with a priority system, particularly if it favours ST holders first. That doesn't make them "better" or "more deserving" imo, it does mean they should get first crack of the whip.

I agree but had been to every Scotland home game (including friendlies) for years and never had problems getting tickets. We draw France and Italy and i struggle for tickets so look to join travel club but they shut it off to new members no matter who they are. So i say f**k em now.

Also shutting of membership means shutting out the next generation of fans who are young just now but are being told not to bother as not getting to go and support Scotland officially!!

Aye that's what it was:

LOL, you said those who don't meet the citeria don't deserve a ticket, not that ST holders deserve one first, which is what I said, you simply don;t see the difference, but again, to try and ease your difficulties with comprehension, for the third time, I'll bold it for you:

QUOTE(Tommy @ Jan 16 2008, 04:39 PM) *

It seems that supporter's clubs are getting all the tickets they have asked for.

I reckon that anyone who doesn't get isn't really deserving of a ticket.

Anyone who meets criteria will be getting one.

QUOTE(Tommy @ Jan 17 2008, 09:58 AM) *

I said that too and if my wording upset anyone then so be it.

People who are ST holders or have specified vouchers will be there, anyone

who doesn't get a ticket aint deserving of one.

Apologies to Tommy for digging up an old altercation. :poster_oops:

I agree but had been to every Scotland home game (including friendlies) for years and never had problems getting tickets. We draw France and Italy and i struggle for tickets so look to join travel club but they shut it off to new members no matter who they are. So i say f**k em now.

Also shutting of membership means shutting out the next generation of fans who are young just now but are being told not to bother as not getting to go and support Scotland officially!!

I agree with you there. Son-of was keen to go to a Scotland game, but we hit the same issues as yourself, thing is they have to have a limit, personally I'm as f**ked off as you are about it, but c'est la vie.

On the plus side I just can;t get him to go to an English game anymore, he thinks English football is sh*te, hence we'll be at East End park this weekend :poster_oops:

I agree with you there. Son-of was keen to go to a Scotland game, but we hit the same issues as yourself, thing is they have to have a limit, personally I'm as f**ked off as you are about it, but c'est la vie.

On the plus side I just can;t get him to go to an English game anymore, he thinks English football is sh*te, hence we'll be at East End park this weekend :poster_oops:

Keep membership open and use points system for home games as away games. Those who go to most will still get tickets for big games and those who don't get tickets for first big games will get points up by going midweek to see Faroes in friendly matches. Lets face it only matches that problems have been are the massive ones against likes of France and Italy and all other games they struggle to sell and then come begging to the other fans the SFA wont let into their "elite" club.

Obviously charging for memberships in above would have to be reviewed.

Keep membership open and use points system for home games as away games. Those who go to most will still get tickets for big games and those who don't get tickets for first big games will get points up by going midweek to see Faroes in friendly matches. Lets face it only matches that problems have been are the massive ones against likes of France and Italy and all other games they struggle to sell and then come begging to the other fans the SFA wont let into their "elite" club.

Obviously charging for memberships in above would have to be reviewed.

well i wasnt always in this elite club you talk of and i wasnt always able to get tickets for games and i didnt stop supporting the team because of it.

well i wasnt always in this elite club you talk of and i wasnt always able to get tickets for games and i didnt stop supporting the team because of it.

And? I didn't get tickets for couple of big games, never missed it and never went back since and passion for Scotland right out of the window.

But Tartan Army massively elitest in my opinion even if it is just a small percentage like this. Would liken it to the Ultras to be honest.