New Year

Guest LondonScottish

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamburg with the wife.

Did paris over ny a few years ago and it was great. Restaurants are ridiculously expensive. A nice bistro is reasonable tho. All tourist attractions are open and tour buses run as well (not sure about first tho). There was rioting with students last time i was there.

Stockholm over ny was my favourite. Fireworks at the harbour. And plenty to see and do.

Went to Hamburg last year for New Years. You'll love it. My tip would be to get a carry out, and head down the docks, all the locals do it and it's a great laugh. Loads of fireworks, boats going down the harbour area firing fireworks off them. Brilliant atmosphere, then head back up to the Reiperbahn (Sp) for a pub/club. Wrap up though, it's f**king freezing.

Should also add - easily the best New Year I've ever had. But watch for the wild men who aim fireworks horizontally along the ground, you need to be on your toes mate!

• 2 years later...
Guest PeePaw16

what to do... looking for inspiration. would rather not spend another new year in aberdeen. but if i can't convince folk to leave (looking likely), then what decent options are here? house parties are good. town's not. sit-down do's are alright.

Guest PeePaw16

Its fucking October Wise Up!

thanks for the reminder. but if you're looking to go away/do something different, then you need to get planning now, or earlier. so....

After several sh*te new years in a row been saving like mad this past few months to get away

going to paris with the bird on the 28th straight through till the 4th cannot wait this year first new year in ages i have been up for

Word of warning, Paris is shyte.

Stay away from the Moulin Rouge area at all costs, that was the only bit I liked but isn't suitable for couples.

Have a good time but ffs watch your money and keep it in your socks, be as alert as a Meerkat on the subway and don't stray far from the Champs-

I'll be sitting in with a case of Stella hoping the neighbours don't go mental with the fireworks, dog fecking hates them and goes into a trembling wreck, will watch still game and stuff like that then go to my bed, prefer xmas these days.

btw Hamburg is a good shout, been there loads of times when I used to work in Esjberg, we'd drive down there most weekends as it was much cheaper than Denmark, the Reeperbanh is great the first few times.