Best Dram

yellow

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fond of a malt now and again and favourites do change. Currently the 10 year old oak Macallan and signature edition Balvennie are particular favourites but have soft spot for Dalwhinnie, lovely and light and good intro for those who are unsure. In the right mood Lagavullin is splendid as is cask strength Laphroig.

Worst hangover ever if overdone - 36 hours of hell.

Mrs Byen came back all proud of herself fae Glesga wi a 60 proof whisky. Fuck me it wis like what eh wid imagine a combination of whisky and windscreen washer tastes like.

Eh'm still struggling through it and telling her how wonderful it is.

Lagavullin is nice but my favourite is Caol Ila. Jist had the last of it on Saturday :( Gonna need a duty-free re-up soon.

I'm fond of a malt now and again and favourites do change. Currently the 10 year old oak Macallan and signature edition Balvennie are particular favourites but have soft spot for Dalwhinnie, lovely and light and good intro for those who are unsure. In the right mood Lagavullin is splendid as is cask strength Laphroig.

Worst hangover ever if overdone - 36 hours of hell.

Me and the brother-in-law tanned a bottle of Glenfiddich between us on Saturday night, we weren't feeling too clever the next day. It was good fun though, I'd highly recommend it.

One of my lowest moments was as a young 15 year old and me and my pal downed a half bottle each, both nailed it in under 10 seconds. I had around 10 more minutes before my world caved in and i lost around 16 hours of my life and around 20 litres of puke.

Put me off Whisky for years.

A sensible nip or two is the only way.

Had the same experience with Bacardi but i blamed it on the acid i had took earlier.

Whyte and Mackay with a dash of irn bru, nothing better than that, beats any malt I've had.

Only dash that is acceptable with whisky is water. Anything else is just :gay:

Bruichladdich distillery have just started making a gin called The Botanist. Had a bottle delivered to me last month and it is the best gin I have ever tasted. Difficult to get hold of at the moment apart from on the net as they are still on the first batch. If you like gin its worth a bash.

Bruichladdich distillery have just started making a gin called The Botanist. Had a bottle delivered to me last month and it is the best gin I have ever tasted. Difficult to get hold of at the moment apart from on the net as they are still on the first batch. If you like gin its worth a bash.

Wife is partial to gin - Bombay sapphire given free choice - so I'll mebbe get her some to try.

• 6 months later...

I'm nae feeling too well, so partaking in the second best cure (not so sick as to need to wank myself better) I'm consuming whisky. Albeit this is nothing new for me as I enjoy a tipple of the banned booze, but everyone has favourites.

Recently, I've been trending my favourites, but always expand my horizons. (he who lives in a cupboard can only wear what's in there). My recent tastes are highland park, glenmorangie, dalmore, balblair (all localish). But I've dunked a bottle of recently and although not an everyday dram it had its place.

In general I'm not a fan of islays.

So, fits yer favourite dram and pourquoi?

No shite about whisky being for ol mannies it's a cultured and sophisticated (if unsociable) drink.

ive been on a glenfiddich 12 year old bottle just now. Quite nice. Mates birthday today, so got him a bottle of Johnny Walker black label 17 years. No idea if its good or bad, will need to wait until the weekend to find out unless someone can advice me otherwise.

quite partial to a glenmorangie also. if im in the pub and end up on whiskeys il stick to grouse, playing it safe.

Yet to meet a whisky I can't take something positive from however it always depends what you like-

Macallan oak barrel for my standard quaffing malt - Balvennie signature edition good too

Dalwhinnie for a lighter pre dinner malt - Arran also fits in nicely here

Laphroaig or its like is very much a mood related drink - sometimes I love it, sometimes not. Recently had a wonderful cask strength Laphroaig - just gorgeous.

- but if it's a malt just enjoy it -

:cheers:

Laphroaig= swimming pool yellow water thing that you had to walk through when you were in school to stop athletes foot.

you really cant convey urself very well when presented with someone having a different opinion to you, can you?

:rolleyes::laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not a whisky fan but don't mind a liqueur.

Glayva being particularly pleasant.

liqueurs are RANK!!!

:itch-chin: